Page 1 of 2
LastLast

able to get thunderfury at Cat or not??

anyone know offhand if you will be able to get thunderfury when cat is out or should I start trying to get it before expansion hits. Same with hand of Rag.

Re: able to get thunderfury at Cat or not??

Well, seeing how MC is being removed....

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    We don't know if it does. It's certainly a possibility, but it hasn't been stated anywhere yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    Could people please stop posting speculation likes it's fact.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

There are no official announcement of any current instance getting removed when cataclysm comes. Saying that something gets removed is rumors pulled out of hat/sleeve/arse with no Blizzard confirmation of any kind.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account

Blackrock will be changed alot, Blizzard stated already they are revamping BRS. I also recall something about blackrock will errupt, but not sure about that.

Currently there are no details known, but it is possible that MC and/or BWL gets removed. If that happens, TF and Sulf will only be available if you have both Bindings already + Essence of the Firelord (only lootable after getting at least one of the bindings and acept the Q in Silithus). The other stuff from that quest (Elementium Bars) are not BoP, so if someone still hat Bars or Ores stashed, you can buy them.
    Same goes for Sulf: The thing you need in case MC will be gone is the Eye of Ragnaros. The (very expensive) mats for the hammer can be traded, but Ingots and Cores will no longer be farmable.

Again, i am NOT saying this WILL happen, but if you really want those legendaries, try to get them asap, you never know what remains in Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by DerSenf
    Blackrock will be changed alot,
    I also recall something about blackrock will errupt,
    This is pretty close to verbatim of what was said in Blizzcon. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Even if the whole mountain gets split into two pieces like Barrens zone, it does not necessarily mean the instance portals are going anywhere besides maybe moving 20 yards to the left or right.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

since theres an uncertainty, u should probably try getting it now if u like it at all--better safe then sorry, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Onyxia was removed when the level 80 version was implemented.
    Armory available upon request, but here is a small preview:
    It is better than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by SC2 Beta Key
    You're trolling everywhere, aren't you? Blizzard isn't revamping MC for 85. They're simply sticking Rag in the raid in Hyjal. For all we know he could still be in MC for nostalgia factor.

if blackrock mountain is completely revamped, every single instance remade entirely, i have a feeling that instance won't make it. :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue
    if blackrock mountain is completely revamped, every single instance remade entirely, i have a feeling that instance won't make it. :'(
    You're leaping into conclusions far too early. Blizzard is indeed revamping all Azeroth zones for Cataclysm, but it does not mean they will touch any of the instances. There hasn't been a single word one way or another about it.

Facts are: if you want Thunderfury you should be farming it every week regardless of if MC is going away or not, and nobody knows outside Blizzard at this point if there are even any plans of changing any old instances. Molten Core and Blackwing Lair are not getting redone, Firelands and Blackwing Descent are mentioned as sequels in all material released so far.
    Trolling should be.

MC and BWL are being redone for cata. check wowhead/wowwikki. However i suspect Onyxia style revamp... level 85 Thunderfury if its redone i just hope they keep droprates the same to keep this sexy beast for the gifted and not every1 able to slap on.

I think Blizzard will remove all legendary items exept shadowmoure when Cat comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabetank
    MC and BWL are being redone for cata. check wowhead/wowwikki. However i suspect Onyxia style revamp... level 85 Thunderfury if its redone i just hope they keep droprates the same to keep this sexy beast for the gifted and not every1 able to slap on.
    Fail is strong on this one.

First of all, there is not a single blue post backed word anywhere that confirms MC and BWL getting redone in any way.
    Second, there are numerous blue posts telling over and over and over again that they are not going to make any legendary item scale ever because they want players to farm for new stuff, not old stuff.

Third, Thunderfury was never especially hard to get or special in any other way except dumb luck. Atiesh, Val'anyr and Shadowmourne are bit more special and rare. Most guilds who raided all the way from release to Naxx had 2-3 TF's on their tanks by the time TBC came out.

Onyxia was special case, not a blueprint for future revamps. Adding heroic mode for Deadmines and Shadowfang keep is the only thing announced so far for Cataclysm where any old instance is getting touched.
    Trolling should be.

I dont think MC will be removed or revamped like Onyxia was.

Blizzard said they would be making an all new dungeon for Ragnaros and wont be revamping MC.
    The wise man speaks because he has something to say, the fool because he has to say something.

Deleted

I don't see why they'd remove MC and BWL, and they have not ever said they would. Nefarian and Ragnaros are returning after the events of those two instances, it doesn't mean that the two raids never happened. Onyxia and Naxxramas were completely different cases, as they revamped those two instances to lvl 80.

They didn't remove Tempest Keep just because Kael'thas is now in Magister's Terrace did they? There are plenty of time inconsistencies in WoW if you do quests or areas in different order. Some quests, areas and instances are just assumed to have happened at a later or earlier time.

15+ Year Old Account

Name a reputation that was removed. If Blizzard were to take away MC, they are removing the ability to get Hydraxian rep. Even though it avails nothing at all, they don't remove factions.
    For the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SC2 Beta Key
    And what does that have to do with anything? MC / BWL won't be lvl 85 instances(At least not MC, ragnaros will be in Mt. Hyjal iirc)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolour nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn
    Name a reputation that was removed. If Blizzard were to take away MC, they are removing the ability to get Hydraxian rep. Even though it avails nothing at all, they don't remove factions.
    Wildhammer Dwarves!