Low-Level Bear Tanking - Weapon?

Just a quick question: Do I need to get a melee-oriented weapon for bear tanking at lower levels? (IE, something with Agility/Stam/Str)

I've currently got Dignified Headmaster's Charge as my weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Re: Low-Level Bear Tanking - Weapon?

Nobody knows? :-\ I'm kinda confused because I remember reading that bear/cat melee damage is based off of the damage of your weapon, and I'm just wanting someone to confirm that.
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

get the two handed boa heirloom mace it was put in the game just for this purpose

Quote Originally Posted by Generation
    get the two handed boa heirloom mace it was put in the game just for this purpose
    Yeah since Druids can now use Maces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    GoD isn't so great for unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    i dont understamd ???

An agil/stam weapon will alwaysalwaysalways be better than an int/stam/sp weapon. Agility = Crit, armor, dodge for bears. With the scaling on those stats at low levels, it's retardedly good. Just spend the 40 badges to pick up Lava Dredger lol.
    I tell you what though. The next time your little sister loses her dolly in the neighbor's yard, and he punches her in the throat, don't call the cops. He has a sign on his lawn that says "this is a PvP lawn, noob, gtfo lol". ~Fenixdown

The problem with the caster staff isn't that it has caster stats, it's that your damage scales off of the DPS of the weapon, which is lower on caster weapons. So you'll do more damage, and thus more threat if you have a higher DPS weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone
    You sir fail at life.

Weapons Druids can use:
    One handed Maces
    Two handed Maces
    Staff
    Dagger
    Fist Weapon
    Polearm

By now you mean always?

Quote Originally Posted by Vook
    Nobody knows? :-\ I'm kinda confused because I remember reading that bear/cat melee damage is based off of the damage of your weapon, and I'm just wanting someone to confirm that.
    Once the weapon damage gets high enough(I think high 50's blue 2h's is where it starts) you start getting feral AP from weapon damage.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

We've always been able to use maces.

Like others said if you got the badges you might as well grab the repurposed lava dredger and slap a crusader enchant on it.

Just a quick question: Do I need to get a melee-oriented weapon for bear tanking at lower levels? (IE, something with Agility/Stam/Str)

I've currently got Dignified Headmaster's Charge as my weapon.
    The reason you get a melee weapon is for stats, ie Agi/Stam/St/AP. It's not until ~58 when weapon dps will begin converting into feral AP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

10+ Year Old Account

How the hell are you a hero member and NOT know druids have always been able to use maces?
    Your Add Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla
    Like others said if you got the badges you might as well grab the repurposed lava dredger and slap a crusader enchant on it.
    This, you'll make life hard for yourself if you even attempt to use the one you linked. And 40 badges on your main is give or take 2 hours worth of grinding.

Trust me, it will pay dividens in later levels

Quote Originally Posted by Richmond
    This, you'll make life hard for yourself if you even attempt to use the one you linked. And 40 badges on your main is give or take 2 hours worth of grinding.
    Actually the Repurposed Lava Dredger is 65 badges, not 40 like everyone is saying. :P

I don't really need to worry about it right now, anyways. My current druid is just for testing, I'll be deleting him and making a Worgen druid, come Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by InbredPsychosis
    DPS of the weapon, which is lower on caster weapons.
    This is not true, at least, at lower levels. I used the slider thing on Wowhead, and the staff and the 2h mace both have equal damage/DPS, until level 58.

Deleted

that only goes for outland and better weapons (and 58+ heirloom)
    in the old world, you don't get feral ap from your weapon dps yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw
    The reason you get a melee weapon is for stats, ie Agi/Stam/St/AP. It's not until ~58 when weapon dps will begin converting into feral AP.
    ^