Moonkin Questions

Alright, to start off I'm going to explain my situation. I'm the type of person that likes to absolutely max everything out, even on alts/offspecs/etc. I am currently a Resto Druid, with moonkin offspec, so most of my gear is resto and I have no moonkin set pieces.

My stats -unbuffed moonkin form-:
    SP - 3256
    Haste - 605
    Crit - 31.22% (Includes moonkin aura, so 25.40% human form)
    Hit - 328

On a normal fight I pull around 8-9k DPS when I decide (or when I'm told) to play moonkin instead of heal

Now to the questions...

1. I've been hearing a lot about a Lunar rotation, and a Solar rotation. I don't really know which one is best for me with my stats, I've heard lunar is better with massive amounts of haste, and obviously with mostly resto gear, I'm pretty far above the 400 haste cap. I've been doing wrath until SF eclipse, then SF until wrath eclipse, which doesn't really work too well because RNG is annoying at times. So what exactly is the "Lunar" rotation? And how is it better than switching off eclipses? Since they each have a CD that is the length of the other's eclipse, it doesn't make any sense to me.

2. I have a few pieces of gear that would give me massive amounts of haste as well as more SP than my current moonkin gear. I switched out a couple of my Resto haste pieces for some crit (iLevel 264 items to 251), am I at a good crit rating to not really worry about crit that much and focus on getting my SF lower with the massive amounts of haste that my Resto gear has? (My crit is 31.22% as a reminder) I can drop it to 29.22% and raise my haste to 703 as well as my SP by about 30, would that be acceptable?

3. Is it possible to be a decent Moonkin in mostly resto gear? Are tier pieces THAT important? And yes, I know I need to be hit capped, which I am, I know thats common sense but someone would feel the urge to ask that...

Thanks for any helpful responses. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    What lies about collusion has the bag bad media told? From what I've seen, they report and discuss the fact that there are investigations into whether there was collusion. Which, ya know, is true.
    Remember, even the Nazis had followers, and this is why.

Re: Moonkin Questions

Im no expert but i know with yuor ido which should be nearly constantly up you should be aiming for 40% crit so your starfires are guarenteed crits during eclipse
    When i started i asked what class was best and everyone said Druid

When you hear people talk about Lunar and Solar rotation, they are simply refering to both halves of the real boomkin rotation.

No, your crit is not good enough. It should be your focus for a good while. Your haste is fine.

You can be decent in mostly resto gear, though you'll never be more than just brought along for buffs. Set bonuses are important if you want to be any good.

You are way over the hit cap. You can easily drop 65 hit without dropping below it.

Your rotation sounds about right. Try to get more crit for now, till you have about 42% selfbuffed(including idol), afterwards it's pretty much a wash between crit and haste, with haste being slightly ahead.

T10 is rather powerfull for a moonkin, so you should try to get some pieces if you can, and it should also help with your crit.

The 2 piece is well above a hundred DPS worth, and the four piece bonus is about twice that.

Deleted

I could tell you everything you need to know. I could sit here for 20 minutes and write a full guide on everything you need to change. Or you could, at least, go and read the Moonkin Beginner Guide stickied at the top of this forum. Im all for helping people, but you are wasting my time and your time if you have to wait for me (or any other forum poster) write the exact same information that you can find in the moonkin sticky. Its one post you have to read, and through that you can get information about caps, rotations, stats, gear and gemming.

When you have done that, feel free to ask questions on anything you don't understand, and I'd be more than happy to help you out. But if you don't even read the basic information that is readily available to you *without having to wait for our response telling you the same*, then why would you read anything i write here?