MM Hunter just switched from Surv and could use some help

Hello there

Yesterday, I switched from my old Survival spec into a MM one in hopes of a higher damage and dps output. However as I tested it out on a training dummy, I was seeing solid results of about 4.5k dps and 5.2k dps if I popped my trinket. I feel like it's a little low and am wondering (if it is low) how I can improve. I'm currently using a rotation of Serpent Sting>Silencing Shot>Aimed Shot>Chimera Shot>Steady Shot. As Surv in ICC I would pull , on average, around 7-8k dps. Any tips, hints or advice from experienced MM Hunters would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Darashar
    Magtheridon US

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...on&cn=Darashar

Re: MM Hunter just switched from Surv and could use some help

Your ARP is a little low. While you don't need to be capped to pull more than survival, you'll see better results the more you have. I would grab the Needle Encrusted Scorpion from the last boss in Heroic Forge, and replace the hit trinket. You're around 4% over the cap, so it's a wasted slot. However, usually when you use an ARP trinket, you want to hit 50% passive without gemming it. If you gem it, you want to hit 100% passive without the trinket.

You could also try for the banner of victory. Would also be much better than the mark.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-hu...hunter-sticky/

also gem agility until your gear gives you 800-900 arp then gem arp

if you didn't already its easy to macro /cast silencing shot into all your other shots so you don't have to worry about using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by worlddan
    My understanding is that deathwing will erupt from that pool and fly around squeaking, "Runescape! I was in Runescape! How do I get back to Runescape?!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Darashar
    However as I tested it out on a training dummy, I was seeing solid results of about 4.5k dps and 5.2k dps if I popped my trinket.
    If your trying to compare training dummy DPS with Raid DPS, then thats a big part of your problem right there. Training dummies are meant to practice rotations, not for gauging DPS in a real raid situation.

10+ Year Old Account

#showtooltip Chimera Shot
    /cast !auto shot
    /cast Silencing Shot
    /cast [target=pettarget,exists] Kill Command
    /cast Chimera Shot

Use this macro for all your shots, and GG.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

You want to also refresh serpent sting manually when you're at your highest ap/have tier bonuses up because that damage will stay at that level throughout the fight, increasing serpent and chimera damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Grundy
    You want to also refresh serpent sting manually when you're at your highest ap/have tier bonuses up because that damage will stay at that level throughout the fight, increasing serpent and chimera damage.

Chimera shot only refreshes % damage modifiers and not ap boosts. 2pc t10 and culling of the herd are %dmg modifiers that are refreshed by chimera, whereas ap or agi procs wont be refreshed.

Quote Originally Posted by rasmil

Chimera shot only refreshes % damage modifiers and not ap boosts. 2pc t10 and culling of the herd are %dmg modifiers that are refreshed by chimera, whereas ap or agi procs wont be refreshed.
    If your running with 2p T9, i think it also keeps the crit chance

That's right. % damage and % crit modifiers are maintained by chimera shot. Off topic but a good way of also boosting this is to get a friendly rogue to cast tricks on you when your 2pc tier 10 procs for about a 43% ish boost to sperpent sting + chimera serpent

On topic there are some very easy to use ways of boosting MM damage without too much effort:

1. stand still. With the more ArP you get yourself the more %of your dps will come from auto shot and steady shots.

2. Make a macro for rapid fire, call of the wild and any trinket slot you might have with an "on use" function.

3. To open on a fight *rapid fire macro* serpent sting, chimera, aimed, readiness, chimera, aimed, steady, *rapid fire macro once the first runs out*. repeat this until rapid fire and readiness are off cooldown.

4. as stated above macro silencing shot to everything is the way to go to maximise usage, though by doing this you are forfeiting the utility is grants in some situations.

hope this was helpful

Quote Originally Posted by rasmil

It also refreshes critrate if you would have the abilitie to let your serpent sting crit (2pc T9 needed for that or cata )
    Creator of the Hunter Got Focus Add-On, your best overview in deciding what to do with your focus!