With the Random Battlegrounds working so well could we....

...see a number of new Battlegrounds being added in the future. Or at least different Objectives, for example, WSG Deathmatch.

I personally would like to see as many BG's are there are raids, but that's my personal opinion.

Re: With the Random Battlegrounds working so well could we....

IOC died pretty fast. Just sayin'.

OMG I HAVE A "COOL" WOW SIGNATURE

IoC is a great battleground. It 'died' because none is really interested on battlegrounds nowadays, and after the initial curiosity for something new, PvP players realized that they better queued for 10m and 15m battlegrounds (quick queues) rather than for a 40m one.

Back in the BC on my battlegroup I could log at any time of the night or morning and I would still find several BGs and AT LEAST one Alterac Valley (and I had very weird times back then, so I'm really talking about every single hour of the day). The number of BGs decreased slightly after the first couple of months into a new arena season, but was still reasonable. In the WotLK, before the random BG was implemented, I had a hard time to find any WSG past 3 AM.
    The random BG thingy slighty changed this trend, but since the most of WoW population migrated to PvE, the issue can't be resolved entirely within the WotLK itself.

Anyway, what the OP is trying to say is that you can have a large number of battlegrounds when people queue for a random one, so you won't end with having two persons queued up for each BG, but most players will tend to queue for the random BG and therefore they will be matched in the same cauldron.
    The lack of this option suggested to keep a tight number of BGs, so far: even adding SotA plus making you able to queue for only two BGs at once (down from three) contributed to compromise the BG experience on smaller battlegroups. Now the random BG option gives room for further additions, that would be welcome tbh. But firstly I would worry about the upcoming ranked BGs system.

And tbh, I would praise bigger or merged battlegroups, or we're not going anywhere. Geographic dislocation of servers is a poor excuse.

isle of crap sucks. i want more pvp-oriented bgs and not vehicle-based junk.

i would love more bgs added for new fresh experiences and fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    I personally would like to see as many BG's are there are raids, but that's my personal opinion.
    well the main reason why the queues are so long are because of the number of available BGs. But I think rated BGs will be the main focus in Cata from the players and blizz, they said that the rated BGs are going to give the best pvp rewards. So the queues time is probably going to change to the better.

Quote Originally Posted by I_SpeL_GuD
    I wouldn't say IoC is heavily vehicles oriented, there's a lot of different options in IoC, and that's its strength, in my opinion. Basicly IoC gameplay is much more varied than any other BGs, where objectives can be summarized in two or three simple actions

I want a bg that is like a big arena and you start on each side of it with 10 or 15 players each side. Then its like a "big" arena battle were your group fight in the arena vs the alliance or the hord. When you die the game is over for you and you got to wait to see if your team wins or loss. It would have lots of anti stealth things and other things that made it more balanced. Like walls to use for los or getting on a higher level.
    This would be a short bg witch prob would be fun to do premades etc on

Quote Originally Posted by Ymiron
    I want a bg that is like a big arena and you start on each side of it with 10 or 15 players each side. Then its like a "big" arena battle were your group fight in the arena vs the alliance or the hord. When you die the game is over for you and you got to wait to see if your team wins or loss. It would have lots of anti stealth things and other things that made it more balanced. Like walls to use for los or getting on a higher level.
    This would be a short bg witch prob would be fun to do premades etc on
    Actually not that crazy an idea. But people tend to live alot longer in WoW then in say for example counter-strike so im pretty sure people would risk having to sit out and watch other people have fun for 5+ minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by I_SpeL_GuD

i would love more bgs added for new fresh experiences and fun times.
    IoC has alot more stuff to it then just the so called 'vehicle junk.' It is the most complicated of the bgs. That's why people don't like it.

IoC is a great bg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest
    IoC has alot more stuff to it then just the so called 'vehicle junk.' It is the most complicated of the bgs. That's why people don't like it.

IoC is a great bg.
    If i wanna drive a vehicle, i'll go play Need for Speed, GTA or something...
    If i wanna fly on a zeppelin... ohwait.. why would i wanna fly on a zeppelin anyway...?

IoC is awesome, if you have played this game for 2 weeks and think "WHOOOA THATS SO COOL".
    IoC is the RoV of BGs. It sounds awesome, moving pillars, random flames all over the place, but in reality your pet gets stuck on every platform, you get no Line of sight, the pillars just feel too random.

As the pvp focus will be on BGs instead of arenas in Cata, the way to "farm" honor could be just simple Death Match on the BGs while the rated BGs would have those objectives everyone loves. (sup 6 hours a day flagrunning in WSG to get rank14)

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

I go on the ptr just because the pvp in gurubashi arena is so much fun. I would love to see a fun deathmatch style like this, I dont know how it would work but I think it would be really fun. And instead of having to wall jump just make it so people can get up normally on the walls, because this means you can still turtle up there(with typhoon and tstorm) but you dont have to rely on walljumping. But yea I would love to see a deathmatch type game. Like a normal resource number and whoever lowers the others reinforcemnts down to zero first wins. Just have an all out war, with normal bg buffs like rejuv and stuff. I think blizz could really come up with some cool game mechanics for this.

SotA, IoC, are awful, AV was awesome in TBC but now it's "who tank vann?? go go rushhh". which is a lot shit.

AB and WSG are the best bgs, and I'd love eots if it wasn't for the tower capping mechanics and the fact that 70% of the bg rushes the flag at the start of the game.

I don't want more, I want SotA and IoC removed, and Vann untanklable in any gear with more than 1 marshall up.

sure new bgs would be wicked but i would also like new maps for wsg and ab etc same goal just more maps

I dont know how they can add a new BG... without having it just being a combination of other BG's...

we have -

wsg - capture the flag.
    ab - king of the hill
    av - kill the king - now also resource fight.
    eots - capture the flag and king of the hill
    sota - storm the fortress..
    ioc - king of the hill, storm the fortress, resource fight and kill the king.

They need a variation on death match... like a death match but with resources like in av...

check out my other thread with ideas http://www.mmo-champion.com/pvp/new-...thmatch-style/
    It's just a game.

I really dislike IoC, not because of the BG, but because of the people that go in it. You get so much 'ALL RUSH HANGER' crap, which almost always ends up in a loss because people do not realise that, yeah, you can rush one tactic, but it the enemy takes 2 offensive objectives and you only take one, you will lose out on the race to kill a gate.
    RETH

I would enjoy some new BGs. I actually wish they would toss out the crappy BGs like sota and IoC. Vehicles =/= PvP. PvP is about besting other classes on the battlefield, not attacking stupid clunky vehicles
    WoW subscription, $15 per month. Internet, $60 per month. Computer, $1000. A forum thread without trolls, priceless.

I enjoy IoC, it's a good place to farm kills. Outside of that, WSG/AB are my favorites. It is more intimate and you actually have to PVP without gimmicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================