Blizz needs to add a solitary raid boss dummy!

One that is by itself, nowhere near other dummies, for classes that use AoEs in their rotation. Moonkins for example use Starfire every time its off CD, but with the current setup of target dummies, my DPS is skewed because it hits multiple targets

Thoughts?

Re: Blizz needs to add a solitary raid boss dummy!

The test dummies aren't really there to show your true dps, they're there to practice your rotation and stuff. So I don't really feel it's needed.

I think it's only Druids starfall.

Nothing else. Dummies are far away from each other for ds, ww, chain lightning. Anything.
    Jamshield - Silvermoon EU

True dps is measured from a true raidenviorement. Meaning that you have to consider moving, debuffs, fire and such things. Dps isnt something static as "highest dps achieved". Dps is flexible depending on what boss you are encountering and also RNG with boss mechanics.

Another training dummy, nah. Wouldnt help a thing measuring dps after taking all this factors into consideration.

Living bomb hits the 80 dummies aswell.

Living bomb comes to mind though.

When recording DPS or whatever with your damage meter, set it for single target recording.

What Faction are you? As a Horde Ele Shaman I don't use Org or UC Dummies because of chain lightning. Never been to SMC But the TB Dummy is far enough away to avoid chain lightning hitting 2 targets.

Its called Patchwerk. :P
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Hmm yeah had been nice. but as someone said before dummies is made to get your rotation right.

You can use the Silvermoon dummy to avoid all cleaves and aoe except starfall.

what i would realy love is a way to see what difrence raid buffs etc make, so like some interface that allows you to seem like the dummy is fully debuffed and your fully buffed, working out a rotation on a dummy is 100% useless as it in a real raid environment buffs entirely change the flow of it. not ofc to mention movement etc etc.

the IF one is pretty far away from the rest... though oomkin's will have touble with starfall again

what about the one above the blacksmith in org behind the warrior trainer building
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    There has never really been a time in the game when you could just do whatever you wanted with your class and be equally effective. Then, as now, smart players doing a lot of homework would figure out the most optimized way to play. You can choose to follow their recommendations, try to find an even more optimized way to play, or just do your own thing because that's more enjoyable for you, knowing that you may pay the price of being less optimized.

I want a Dummy that hits back just as hard as a raid boss.
    I also want a aura that resets my health bar to full when my health go's below 10% while fighting this Uber dummy.

Yes, and a dummy that has all raid debuffs and gives you all raid buffs and creates 24 idiots to your help and moves around and casts fire on the ground... Oh wait
    Stormreaver.EU

10+ Year Old Account

Death Knights are probably the only class having their singled out Boss Dummy.

/agree, Blizz needs to move the dummies a bit further apart, for people who want to measure their base DPS with only their own buffs applied, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Alensia
    Yes, and a dummy that has all raid debuffs and gives you all raid buffs and creates 24 idiots to your help and moves around and casts fire on the ground... Oh wait
    Not quite I am suggesting a dummy that would allow a tank to stand there and get the living crap kicked out of him so he can test his survivability and yes even his own meager dps.

Also helps warriors in general since we need to be taking damage in order for optimal rage conditions.