Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: I hope there is good reason behind the Celestial Steed in blizzard store

Quote Originally Posted by Hippykong
    Blizz already said that the Celestial mount and the LiL XT pet are being sold because of the situation with the Trading Card Game.

you were originally supposed to get them from the cards, however THERE IS NO TCG for the next year.

so they are just selling the items on the store.

$$

15+ Year Old Account

Oh god, a company doing something to make money!

What is this world coming to?

How DARE they give me the option to buy something!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hippykong
    Blizz already said that the Celestial mount and the LiL XT pet are being sold because of the situation with the Trading Card Game.

you were originally supposed to get them from the cards, however THERE IS NO TCG for the next year.

so they are just selling the items on the store.

Lol Hippykong, learn your facts,

these items were never announced to be released in the tcg, and the next release Wrathgate is due out towards the end of May.

Cryptozonic Entertainment are now in control (a branch on Blizzard Entertainment).

Quoting yourself with "this" makes you look rather silly dear boy.

if i had the time or will i would go back and dig up the blue post in which it was stated that because of the mess with the TCG they were thinking about the possibility of selling the celestial steed and lil xt on the blizzard store.

but hey, you guys can be as dramatic as you want. im not following the obnoxious QQ thread yet anymore.

have fun.

Good reason? Money isnt good enough? How many other companies can retexture and existing model and put it up in store to be payed for and make a couple million? (Maybe closer to a few hundred thousand dollars but you get the point). It's an easy way for them to make money and do little work.

Like the Ojay's once sang:

For the Love of money people would steel from there mother.
    For the Love of money Blizzards sells mount on there Shop.

Its there good right to do so it maybe has something todo with Activison/Blizzard thing but im not sure
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

/Brofisting Vol'Jin

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Merander

For the Love of money people would steel from there mother.
    For the Love of money Blizzards sells mount on there Shop.

Yes, because that's not taking it to an extreme.

Their basically ripping money out of everyone's wallets! I mean, it's not like it's a choice!

Just wonder if they can ever stop WoW that way.. people spend money on it and have the right to keep playing for well you know,, everr
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

^ A new and orginal change.. OH WAIT

Inbefore QQ about my avatar if you want removed, but remember, baby seals die in the process off it's removal!!

Quote Originally Posted by seam
    Yes, because that's not taking it to an extreme.

Their basically ripping money out of everyone's wallets! I mean, it's not like it's a choice!
    Exactly
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

/Brofisting Vol'Jin

If the money goes to charity, that's cool. If not, it benefits the company and keeps them happy. Either way, I want that mount, and I'm glad I don't have to jump through a series of flaming hoops to get it.

It's not like they force you to buy it. So I don't see the problem.

Optional content like this is just awesome, for those who wants to spend money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Memory
    It's not like they don't have enough profits to give some for charity anyway.
    But since they're very well aware that selling in-game items for real money somehow belittle the dignity of their trademark, they started the trend with donating part of Pandaren's incomes. I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same with this mount, altho they don't have to.

I'll try to distinguish between the two aspects of the matter: very glad whether they give money for charity, but the whole selling in-game items still stands like a very poor commercial move.
    It's kinda funny how some people think selling in game items in a store is bad for the game or a cheap money making tactic when there's plenty of MMO's that sell gold and other in game items that actually do effect your game play. It's not like this is a requirement or anything, if you want it get it, if not move on and realize it will in no way effect you or your game play. Be happy they haven't resorted to selling gold like the 'free' mmo's do.

Deleted

sigh, topic 2530912

Is the steed going to scale with ground mount capabilities and then flying mount capabilities like the headless horseman mount? Or is it just going to be a flying mount?

I never seem to hear anyone bitching about having to spend money on the trading card game for vanity items. This went on for years, and you needed to buy multiple packs in hopes of getting what you wanted...now blizz sells vanity items directly and that's a bad thing to do? People just need something to bitch about sadly, and can't keep their minds off things that affect them in no way at all.

I hope there is good reason behind the Celestial Steed in blizzard store
    Is there any better reason than money for *some* people?

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

This makes gold buying much easier.

Now that you can purchase in game items people really want you just charge them a set amount of gold for it.

On a side note I love how Blizzard bitches that making armor sets is too much work but nothing is too much work if you can charge extra for it.

10+ Year Old Account

Why?

$$$$$$$
    Look! Words!