Importance of t10 resto

Ok, my mainspecc is moonkin, but I love healing and therefore I try to do this when I can help out. This includes mostly 10man, but also 25man viable. (Both only heroic)

Now, seeing as my mainspecc is moonkin its obvious that I have lots of crit since I dont switch half the pieces...
    However, now I have 4x 264 token that I can upgrade to t10, and I'm wondering if its even worth it.

My current UB stats inside form is:
    +heal 3752
    crit 24% (yes I know)
    haste 786
    mana regen 615/324

Now, if I upgrade to 4 264 t10 (keeping chest out of set) I will lose:
    180ish +heal (after spirit conversion)
    220ish haste
    3.5% crit

and gain 2+4 set bonus and some regen...

To me this price seems very very steep, so I'm wondering how much they're really worth. From what I can tell, 4set seems mostly 25man viable at least. Not too sure about the 2set... Also concidered getting only 2set bonus, but that includes either switching out crit vs haste items (264), or 277 haste items vs 264 haste items...

So, recommendations. 2set, 4set or none.

Deleted

Re: Importance of t10 resto

Are you gaining haste? Losing haste? Is that haste your final number? Anyways, posting this here, because its sort of kinda related.

I took on a resto offspec to help on a few fights - like Dreamwalker and the like - and my restoration experience is very, very limited, and I don't use it often in raids. But in my case, I have been showered with offspec items, so gear is not a great issue. All of our vanquisher tokens are going to offspec anyways, and i'm sitting on some 190 frost tokens with many more coming. I could upgrade to 264 tier pieces *rather* easely.

But alas, my "problem". This is a model of my current resto gear: http://www.wowhead.com/profile=20972689. Some of it is just from my moonkin set, and I can't be arsed to regem those pieces. But as you can see, I have landed some 277 heroic offspec pieces for shoulders, hands and legs, and 264 items for head and shoulders. When I compare to our resto druid (who obviously have 4p bonus), my spell power and haste is around his (if i remember correctly - might be slightly higher than his), i have a lot more crit than him, but a lot less regen (which hasn't been a problem yet). So I figure this set is alright for what little healing i do.

But i am trying to find out what sort of value we can place on the restoration bonuses. I could either keep to 3x 277 items and 2x 264 items, or I could replace the two 264 items with tier pieces for the 2p bonus. Im leaning towards saying that its not worth swapping 277 pieces for 264 pieces to get the 4p bonus, and that I wouldn't update my 264 offset pieces until i can get 2x 264 pieces.

Very troublesome - obviously, any heroic tier tokens i get will go towards my moonkin set.

Just some quick and dirty math tells you that the 4pc t10 resto gives you a free smart rejuv (from my experience, it's smart throughout the whole raid, so the lowest health member of the raid will get it) every 10 or so GCDs. More rough and dirty math tells me that's a 10% increase in throughput.

Some numbers from me, I use t10 4pc and Trauma:
    7.6% on LK10
    6.5% on BQL10
    5.6% on Sind10

It would be higher if I had better reaction time. I've had some times where I'll be placing a rejuv on a target, and as I'm pressing the button I see that my 4pc procced and put it on there for me, so it's a complete waste.

But an extra ~6% healing off the GCD is still quite a lot. If you lose 220 haste, you could always gem haste to get it back to 735, and you'll see a big increase in your HPS.

EDIT: @Qieth: The two piece bonus is not amazing. You'll probably see an overall decrease in your healing if you switch out the pants, legs, and shoulders (which are all GG hot, by the way) just for 2pc.

Just to add, I have the same hands, chest, legs, boots, trinkets, idol, cloak and neck. using moonkin 264 t10 shoulder/head.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    Just some quick and dirty math tells you that the 4pc t10 resto gives you a free smart rejuv (from my experience, it's smart throughout the whole raid, so the lowest health member of the raid will get it) every 10 or so GCDs. More rough and dirty math tells me that's a 10% increase in throughput.

Some numbers from me, I use t10 4pc and Trauma:
    7.6% on LK10
    6.5% on BQL10
    5.6% on Sind10

It would be higher if I had better reaction time. I've had some times where I'll be placing a rejuv on a target, and as I'm pressing the button I see that my 4pc procced and put it on there for me, so it's a complete waste.

But an extra ~6% healing off the GCD is still quite a lot. If you lose 220 haste, you could always gem haste to get it back to 735, and you'll see a big increase in your HPS.

EDIT: @Qieth: The two piece bonus is not amazing. You'll probably see an overall decrease in your healing if you switch out the pants, legs, and shoulders (which are all GG hot, by the way) just for 2pc.
    This. For 25 mans the healing increase is a lot. And it saves you mana. And it saves you GCDs. For 10s it's pretty useless. It's not horrible. It still procs as much, you just don't have as many rejuvs going, and it won't be covering someone you miss most of the time since you'll have 10 up, it will just redo one so you don't have to.

I would get the 4 piece 3/3cf or gem to get haste cap.

The main thing would be, how many druids do you have and what are you majorly doing when you help heal? We use less healers for hardmodes so not sure why they would be having you respec. If it's only for dreamwalker and you're the outside healer it won't really be worth redoing anything. If you are a portal healer you won't need to 2 or 4 piece or even a basic resto spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar
    The main thing would be, how many druids do you have and what are you majorly doing when you help heal? We use less healers for hardmodes so not sure why they would be having you respec. If it's only for dreamwalker and you're the outside healer it won't really be worth redoing anything. If you are a portal healer you won't need to 2 or 4 piece or even a basic resto spec.
    I know I will have to heal for sindragosa hardmode, last hc pre lk, as it's recommended with 8-9 healers and we have 7 in the guild :P

Currently 110 emblems short of 4set, but I guess I will go for all of em once I have enough.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    My head and chest is 264. Getting offspec tokens for tier 10.264 should not be a problem - i guess it would be worth switching those two pieces for tier 10 for the 2 piece bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    But i am trying to find out what sort of value we can place on the restoration bonuses. I could either keep to 3x 277 items and 2x 264 items, or I could replace the two 264 items with tier pieces for the 2p bonus. Im leaning towards saying that its not worth swapping 277 pieces for 264 pieces to get the 4p bonus, and that I wouldn't update my 264 offset pieces until i can get 2x 264 pieces.

Very troublesome - obviously, any heroic tier tokens i get will go towards my moonkin set.
    Personally I'd go with 4T10 264 over 2T10 264 & random 277 pieces. The drop from 277 to 264 won't be that significant, and especially in your case it's worth getting the gloves & legs for T10 as they have spirit and haste on them. For 25 mans the 4T10 bonus really is worth a lot more than stats can provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Deleted

Alright, i trust your word for it :P Ill upgrade them "whenever", depending on emblems and offspec rolls on tokens. Will probably update head and chest first, although they look so, so, so cool.

Of the items, which one is worth keeping offset?

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    Alright, i trust your word for it :P Ill upgrade them "whenever", depending on emblems and offspec rolls on tokens. Will probably update head and chest first, although they look so, so, so cool.

Of the items, which one is worth keeping offset?
    Chest, shoulders or helm. They've got crit (almost completely useless) while the gloves & legs have haste. Generally without heroic gear you'd swap the chest out for the emblem one as it's pretty decent with haste and 3 sockets, but I'm guessing you've got better ilvl 277 pieces for one of the slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!