Poll: Which demon pet would you like to have?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: New Demon Pet

New Demon Pet

I know that Blizzard had announce that their not adding a new warlock pet in Cataclysm but if they were or in the near future, what would you like it to be?

EDIT: Added Skateboarding Female Dwarf Rogue named Shredz McGuinty

15+ Year Old Account

Re: New Demon Pet

None of the above.

Skateboarding Female Dwarf Rogue named Shredz McGuinty

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    None of the above.

Skateboarding Female Dwarf Rogue named Shredz McGuinty
    where the vote for this...
    im trap in this bullshit this routine of life. they build us all up just to tear us all down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_fruit
    "its like my tongue on LSD"

10+ Year Old Account

I voted Cataclysm Hound, seeing as that would differ a lot from what we have now.

Incubus - Nah, just a male version of a Succubus.
    Shade - Possible, but would be too much like a Voidwalker.
    Dreadlord - Well seeing as they're officially called Nathrezim, and are known to be cunning and intelligent, I doubt they'll succumb to a warlock's will.
    Kel'Thuzad/Lady D-models - These are liches, and are undead. As I recall warlocks are masters of dark magic, based on demons and shadow, not of Necromancy. It wouldn't make a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zerø
    Kel'Thuzad/Lady D-models - These are liches, and are undead. As I recall warlocks are masters of dark magic, based on demons and shadow, not of Necromancy. It wouldn't make a lot of sense.
    I voted for this one, because its about time these warlock trainers learn the art of necromancy, since blizzard doesn't want to make them a hero class. If Kel' Thuzad learned how to do it, and then became the name for one of my tier sets, I should learn how to raise liches!

Sadly, DK's would complain and we would lose it so...

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Irollmyface
    I voted for this one, because its about time these warlock trainers learn the art of necromancy, since blizzard doesn't want to make them a hero class. If Kel' Thuzad learned how to do it, and then became the name for one of my tier sets, I should learn how to raise liches!

Sadly, DK's would complain and we would lose it so...
    Warlocks...are not necromancers. And I doubt they're powerful enough to raise Liches since Liches were once a powerful mage or something that has transcended through undeath. I mean, there are other undead mages and sorcerers and crap but Liches are the top of the foodchain. They were generals to the Lich King as well. One does not just summon Liches.

I want a dreadlord of some type. Maybe a lesser one but still powerful. ORRR A Pit Lord. Those would be a pretty cool CD pet.

I would like to see a Pit Lord, make a nice physical damage CD pet. Or an Eredar that can cast fire and shadow spells. OR an Amry of the Dead type spell in which several infernals fall out of the sky except you don't have to enslave them.

But I must say a Skateboarding Female Dwarf Rogue named Shredz McGuinty would be awesome.

How bout a Doomspeaker that pile drives everyone.

I think a Skateboarding Female Dwarf Rogue named Shredz McGuinty would be too powerful to enslave. But out of all the demons i want to see a beholder as a pet, i mean cmon who doesnt want a flying 5-eyed laser shooting octopus as a pet?

Quote Originally Posted by crikk23
    where the vote for this...
    sucking up because he's a admin doesn't earn cool points yo

Quote Originally Posted by wanax
    How bout a Doomspeaker that pile drives everyone.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

I don't see Cthulhu on that list, we may not able to enslave him, but i sure as hell want to summon him somewhere and see what happens next.

10+ Year Old Account

Something like Kel'Thuzad/Deathwhisper Model
    Those would be undead, not demons.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Incubus: well thats just a male Succubus

Cataclysm Hound (Search WoWHead for Pic) : its called a Void Terror. its a decent choice but it suffers from the classic "warlock demon problem" i will outline below.

Shade: a Shade is an Undead not a Demon.

Dreadlord: Dreadlords are one of the key member races of the Burning legions upper hierarchy. they aren't subserviant to others (except the leaders of the legion) and would probably expect you, a warlock, to serve them.

Something like Kel'Thuzad/Deathwhisper Model: again these are Undead not Demons.

Skateboarding Female Dwarf Rogue named Shredz McGuinty: while this is all kinds of awesome i don't think it would really fit.

the classic "warlock demon problem".

the classic problem with new demons is that unlike hunter pets where basically all hunter pets do almost the same thing a warlocks pets are more like a toolbox with specific pets for specific jobs.

think up a new and truly viable job for a warlocks pet and you've created the justification for an additional demon.

as it is atm warlocks perhaps even have too many demons with a couple of them struggling to actually have a viable use (Succubus, Infernal, Doomguard)

you have your tank and melee dps demons, you have your ranged dps demon
    and tbh ive always throught the Succubus should have been buffed to be "the CC demon" it never quite was but after that what other truly well defined rolls are there ?

imo some really nice models which could be possible new warlock demons are:

Shivarra http://www.wowwiki.com/Shivarra or a lesser form of Wrathguard http://www.wowwiki.com/Wrathguard tho the Wrathguard bangs against being being a member of the Man'ari Eredar species which more than probably rules them out for the same reason as the Dreadlords
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Agreed, it would need to have an actual purpose in our arsenal AND make sense as far as demon hierarchy levels go. Pit Lords and Nathrezeim are too high up in the food chain.

What I would much rather see is them allowing us to pick skinds for the demons we already have and to make the doomgaurd and infernal guardian cooldowns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    "Sir, you'll have to move, you are blocking the fire exit."
    "Excuse me, but if you have legs and are flammable, you are NEVER blocking a fire exit." I'd run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhias View Post
    Actually, the deluge has been very enlightening to me. Lesson of the week is to not go out of your way to treat people with respect because there is a 90% chance they are narcissistic douchebags.

Pretty sure the last option shows what people really think of new demons... IE: Who gives a crap.

I hope that Blizz doesn't make new pets, but just gives us new updated Demon models and perhaps some item slots for them so we can change their look.

Side note... Lichs in WoW aren't Demon's, neither are Shades. So... yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernautt
    sucking up because he's a admin doesn't earn cool points yo
    Being a dick and not relishing the awesomeness if that was going to happen doesn't either.......dog.

gherkin saves the day.

/facepalm

I laughed though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Seriously this. I'm a high-speed, low-drag, supah-healah. Doling out the feel-goods LIKE A BAWS, keeping everyone shiny, happy and cool. Staying on top of my game, even in a combat situati....THERE'S THAT DAMN GROUNDHOG AGAIN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Necrotan
    Agreed, it would need to have an actual purpose in our arsenal AND make sense as far as demon hierarchy levels go. Pit Lords and Nathrezeim are too high up in the food chain.

What I would much rather see is them allowing us to pick skinds for the demons we already have and to make the doomgaurd and infernal guardian cooldowns.
    I'd love to be able to have a voidwalker with the BC style shoulder armor, or the unbound look with no shoulder armor and a skinnier model.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.