Lifebloom hasted?

I can't see this spell hasted any more then it already is. It is a spell never used as is except in PvP. Blizzard stating they wont all of our heals to be used and efficient. Anyone else really looking forward to see how they are going to "change" lifebloom once again?

Re: Lifebloom hasted?

It's going to be used more because it will be hasted. 8 ticks in 5.5 seconds? I think I like that. It'll be awesome for fights like Deathwhisper where it's all small random burst.

Haste in Cataclysm will add additional ticks without affecting the total duration of the HoT or DoT.

It's not really going to change much, although it will deserve a second look at 85 with regard to mana efficiency vs other spells.

It's also not a spell that has no use except in PVP. It's definitely of marginal use in 25s, and there are certainly fights where it should never be used there. It's no Lifebloom of BC era for sure. But it's another tool in the toolbox and there are occasionally good fits for it.

Quote Originally Posted by kindmime
    It is a spell never used as is except in PvP.
    Speak for yourself. I use it plenty in raids.

Blizzard stating they wont all of our heals to be used and efficient. Anyone else really looking forward to see how they are going to "change" lifebloom once again?
    They do want us using all our spells, but they won't all necessarily be efficient.

My guess is that we'll have the following single target heals:
    Rejuv: Relatively efficient, but not enough to be able to spam it.
    Lifebloom: Very efficient when building up to 3 stacks for tank healing.
    Regrowth: Efficient when considering both the DH & HoT (hence good for tanks), but either on its own is inefficient (not good for raid healing). Crit heal will be good aoe healing for melee though.
    Nourish: Inefficient fast spell
    Healing Touch: Inefficient large heal

Incidentally, hasted HoTs are going to increase the speed of the ticks but not reduce the duration (so you'll get more ticks). Why don't you think this will apply to LB?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by frostsomething
    It's not really going to change much, although it will deserve a second look at 85 with regard to mana efficiency vs other spells.
    ^^This, from PvE perspective.

I would expect HT to be changed back into an efficient large heal. What purpose is there in having an inefficient slow heal and an inefficient fast heal especially when they're moving towards lower rates of incoming damage.

Probably not as efficient as say a Greater Heal or Greater Healing Wave, to niche druids, but enough to give it a purpose. What I would expect is that normal healing would consist of regrowth+rejuv+LBs, and then HT as damage slightly outdid the hps of those definitely efficient heals. And then if healing ever became intensive, you would resort to the higher HPS, but less mana-efficient nourish.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyren
    I would expect HT to be changed back into an efficient large heal. What purpose is there in having an inefficient slow heal and an inefficient fast heal especially when they're moving towards lower rates of incoming damage.

Probably not as efficient as say a Greater Heal or Greater Healing Wave, to niche druids, but enough to give it a purpose. What I would expect is that normal healing would consist of regrowth+rejuv+LBs, and then HT as damage slightly outdid the hps of those definitely efficient heals. And then if healing ever became intensive, you would resort to the higher HPS, but less mana-efficient nourish.
    Yes you're right. I guess in terms of 'inefficient' I just mean more expensive than the other heals (but obviously healing for a larger amount). Not something you could keep up by spamming, but if you the tank needed a lot of healing and you were sure it wouldn't be overheals then yeah, use HT.

Going out on a limb here I'd say it's pretty likely that some of the hots will be rebalanced around the fact that they are affected by haste and crits by default. That could mean lifebloom that lifebloom ticks slower than it does now without any haste and for less (to compensate for crit) and will remain roughly the same as today with average cataclysm gear.

With the larger healthpools they are going for lifebloom could also be shifted (even) more towards the purpose of blooming quite frequently and being a nice tool for healing random damage on single targets that won't need any immediate attention to stay alive.

I'm thinking this as well. I remember back in my vanilla days, I would always roll with the same group of friends doing DM and the other high end 5 man instances. I had been rolling through instances with them since Mara, so they trusted me, but I would always let the tank float down to about 30% and hit him with a full rank HT to be the best on my mana. This was before I started raiding and started using the rank 4 HT trick. Hopefully with incoming damage being lessened and mana efficiency on the up and up, I'll get to use my old best friend again, Healing Touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    Speak for yourself. I use it plenty in raids.
    This. We generally have a bad healer setup (IE: 1 tank healer and 4 raid healers) so I keep a LB stack on the tanks (following the let it bloom at 2 if it isn't overheal, otherwise refresh it, then let it bloom at 3 rule). I can keep LB's on the tanks and still manage to blanket the raid with rejuvs... I actually switched in the LB glyph to try it out again since most of the time when I nourish there is only 1 hot on the target anyway (if any)... so the Nourish glyph doesn't really have that much of an impact. Seems to be working ok so far.

Incidentally, hasted HoTs are going to increase the speed of the ticks but not reduce the duration (so you'll get more ticks). Why don't you think this will apply to LB?
    I think what the OP was trying to point out is that it already ticks every second... so do you think blizz will allow it to tick faster than that? A Lifebloom that ticks every .5 seconds just doubled the spam in your combat log and the data sent to the server... so maybe they will approach haste on lifebloom in a different way?

Well, to begin with, you won't get a .5s period on lifebloom. You'll max at .66s, which is at 50% haste. Secondly, it's hardly much different right now with multiple shadowpriests and Vamp Embrace.

Well, to begin with, you won't get a .5s period on lifebloom. You'll max at .66s, which is at 50% haste. Secondly, it's hardly much different right now with multiple shadowpriests and Vamp Embrace.
    I was just throwing out a number, obviously .5 is a lot easier to use in an example. I guess I shouldn't post that early in the morning though, because now that I think about it isn't really relevant. If they were worried about spam they wouldn't have made it 1 second to begin with. Anyway, with 25% haste it will be around a .8 second tick... giving you ~2 more ticks per lifebloom. I guess it really depends on how the new ticks are added... whether all the ticks are reduce but applied more often or if the the ticks remain the same but literally add more.

From what I understood, haste will add more tics while the total duration and the effect of each tic remain the same as before. The current haste effects ingame (like Rapid Rejuvenation) reduce both the time between tics and the total duration, so the hot heals the same amount in the same amount of tics but in a shorter timespan.

Ultimately, its useless to speculate about how haste will affect lifebloom exactly until we know more about it's role in the healing arsenal in cata (and the talents etc to support that).

Quote Originally Posted by axio
    I think what the OP was trying to point out is that it already ticks every second... so do you think blizz will allow it to tick faster than that? A Lifebloom that ticks every .5 seconds just doubled the spam in your combat log and the data sent to the server... so maybe they will approach haste on lifebloom in a different way?
    Remember that in Cataclysm you heal for less also plus they said Healers will have to worry more about mana and Lifebloom costs alot

Quote Originally Posted by M1kra
    Remember that in Cataclysm you heal for less also plus they said Healers will have to worry more about mana and Lifebloom costs alot
    Not really. Lifebloom is very cheap unless you're refreshing it at 3 stacks.

Besides, all the numbers will be tweaked in Cataclysm, so costs of spells now are very unlikely to be the same as the cost of spells in Cataclysm.