Need Expert Opinion

I come here humbly asking for advice for my current gear on my fury spec. I have a few ideas as to what I want to do for upgrades; first I'd like to get saurfang's axe on 10icc and get rid of that wretched sword, and get the craftable 264 pants (maybe leather ones #3 on Landsoul's spreadsheet) to get hardcapped on Arp.. believe I'd sit at 1398 ArP with both of those upgrades with a boost to crit as well but with a sacrifice to AP. However, I was told that I should make a post here first before I make any rash changes to my gear. Please help!

Here is my Toon: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&cn=Joggernot

Re: Need Expert Opinion

changing your chest to T9 for 2pc bonus is an upgrade. since your way over hit capped, you need 8%TOTAL, so 5 from gear(4% with dreani) and then 3% from precision.

I would leave it as that. the 2% crit from the set bonus is pretty nice, and not worth breaking until you can get 4pc T10.
    ...might be worth breaking if you had castlebreakers chest and legplates of painful death...or something though.

not knowing your guilds capabilties or DKP situation or your gold its hard to say for weapons though, shadows edge and cryptmaker, cant go wrong, but you're right though the blade of culling would be an upgrade. then look at changing your boots to something better without exp on them.

other than that your your gear is rather nice to lookat and does not make me want to vomit, except for the need for tuskars on your boots, since so many fights require moving in ICC, you need runspeed, it is a DPS upgrade having it.

and yea...go with what the spreadsheet says :P

Xilë - Affixed - Frostmourne

Quote Originally Posted by SKYeXile
    changing your chest to T9 for 2pc bonus is an upgrade. since your way over hit capped, you need 8%TOTAL, so 5 from gear(4% with dreani) and then 3% from precision.

I would leave it as that. the 2% crit from the set bonus is pretty nice, and not worth breaking until you can get 4pc T10.
    ...might be worth breaking if you had castlebreakers chest and legplates of painful death...or something though.

not knowing your guilds capabilties or DKP situation or your gold its hard to say for weapons though, shadows edge and cryptmaker, cant go wrong, but you're right though the blade of culling would be an upgrade. then look at changing your boots to something better without exp on them.

other than that your your gear is rather nice to lookat and does not make me want to vomit, except for the need for tuskars on your boots, since so many fights require moving in ICC, you need runspeed, it is a DPS upgrade having it.

and yea...go with what the spreadsheet says :P

Omfg dude. You are so right about the chest piece.. I put on my old 232 chest, after using that 264. I was in ToGC25 tonight and was doing 7800 dps at the most (sustained, of course I spiked higher numbers) but when I did that switch, my dps shot up to 9300 after gormock fell. I couldn't believe it!! You are awesome!! Please if you have anything else for me, let me know . I also am going to work on getting tuskar's vitality, I do have to agree, alot of moving around on certain fights.

And thank you for your kind words . I hate seeing bads wearing gear and not gemming/enchanting properly, or using high ilvl gear which they can't use yet due to deficiencies in expertise, hit, etc., so I am glad that you don't view me as I view inferiors below me; granted the people on my server for the most part are very newbish.. Very few good warriors on it.

Oh and I definitely use Landsoul's spreadsheet like no other, that's why I questioned using the Bladeborn pants instead of getting the 4 pc T10 set.

Also put the sword in your main hand. ALWAYS the weapon with the highest DPS in your main hand, cause OH weapon only deal 50% of its damage. That will also be a small DPS increase for you.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos
    Also put the sword in your main hand. ALWAYS the weapon with the highest DPS in your main hand, cause OH weapon only deal 50% of its damage. That will also be a small DPS increase for you.

Good luck.
    Spreadsheeted its saying that switching those 2 around would loose dps.
    Xilë - Affixed - Frostmourne

Good luck.
    I am not a fool, but thanks for the suggestion. IF you look at the sword.. the weapon damage is less than the Axe that I have.. the dps is higher on the sword due to the weapon speed. Thusly the sword should be in the off hand because it does less damage on crits and plus faster weps should go in the offhand anyway.

ˆ Yes, you are right. My bad.

Good luck.
    Heroic Strike and cleave is based off mainhand weapon so always go with the highest dmg one there, not dps one.