Resto/Aff VS Disc/Aff

Hey all, been playing resto druid (me) / affli lock recently. Got the crap 1k8 weap and all.

I mainly face problems facing that comp : Disc priest / Affli lock. Double mana burn is just awful. I mean, when I face a rogue/priest, I never get manaburned (los, bear/cat form etc), but priest/lock OH MY GOD. They just spam manaburn me, dispell innervate, gg.

It looks like a QQ post, but it's not. I'm looking for any advice on how to counter that comp, we've tried pretty much everything :
    - Full focus priest / lock CC (in that case, the opposing lock counter mine by CCing him, and they proceed to manaburn)
    - Full focus lock / priest CC (priest easily heals through damage while lock nobrain-manadrains me)
    - Manaburning the priest + CC shadowfiend (that works kind of OK, but 2 manaburns vs 1, I'm oom before the priest especially since priest can dispell my innervate, I can't dispell his shadowfiend)

So yeah, pretty much looking for any advice on how to counter double manaburn comp + offensive magic dispell comp ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

Re: Resto/Aff VS Disc/Aff

HoT, then LoS
    dont let the priest mana burn u, after all thats what every resto do when i try to burn him, keep Cyclone in use
    also most of the restos HoT and go bear if they re open for mana burn until they re safe for LoS again

Quote Originally Posted by raffie
    HoT, then LoS
    dont let the priest mana burn u, after all thats what every resto do when i try to burn him, keep Cyclone in use
    also most of the restos HoT and go bear if they re open for mana burn until they re safe for LoS again
    Hot+Los works perfect vs a single priest/lock. The problems I'm facing are towards priest+lock (I guess I'd have the same problems if I were to face discpriest/shadowpriest of whatever). They place correctly so LoSing one means being in the open for the other one. So yeah I do go bear but I've gotta get out of bear 3-5 sec to heal myself and mate, that's when I take 2 burns + 2 drains (ie in the 3-7k zone)
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

It is though for you. Even though they are winning the mana war, you have to play better and outlast them as they outlast you now.
    1)Don't get dispeled innervate. Just CC priest or LoS
    2)CC Shadowfiend (!)
    3)I know that it is hard (impossible on RoV), but LoS Mana Burns, in moment you can't LoS it, CC it, Spell Lock it (use Spell Lock on priests Mana Burn only, except moment when you could set up a kill, but I don't see that happening, you should win by getting priest oom, not by Spell Lock)
    4)In certain arenas (especially BEM), you can even drink
    5)Solace helps
    6)Make your lock sit on priest
    I know that it is though one, but if you learn how to avoid burns and if your lock is exceptional, you can make it and get down even high rated Disc/Aff teams.

dot priest/lock/locks pet
    fear priest
    cyclone pet

done...

Quote Originally Posted by Glokkpod
    dot priest/lock/locks pet
    fear priest
    cyclone pet

done...
    clueless.

It does seem to be like your warlock is not giving you proper support.

You should win this match assuming you play this correctly, have your warlock rotate curse of tongues and exhaustion on the priest / warlock, this will make their life a lot harder.

Also, if they split up and take you from 2 directions, you should always go towards the priest seeing as manaburn has a cast time, you can easily just move 2 yards to LoS the cast everytime he does it while the warlock can put on mana drain which follows you through the pillar.

Most likely though you'll gear feared by an insant fear from either the priest or the warlock, your warlock should save his spell lock for situations like these, usually you'll have some debuffs on you but your warlock should still use devour magic on you in an attempt to get the fear of straight away, you should also be able to keep track of the insant fear CD and hence predict if you're going to get feared and go bear in advance, just make sure you're topped with some hots before otherwise you'll risk getting gibbed instead.

And your warlock should not mindlessly spam fear, he should save his DR on fear for the occasions when you got feared out, when you didn't manage to go bear and dispel failed to get out of fear, he should have his spellock for the priest's manaburn and fear the warlock while putting up an UA just after the fear for dispel protection.

Also, on a map like blade's edge or nagrand, just keep running away from them all the time, don't lock yourself on a single pillar, kite them as much as possible - your warlock should not be able to die from an opposing warlock damage, a hot or two is easily enough to outheal any damage on your warlock from the opposing warlock.

If they continue chasing you while your warlock keeps slows / tongues and spam mana drain their priest while keeping dots up on all of them, you should win the mana war easily - if they swap to the warlock, you should just stay at max range, behind a pillar only to come out and throw a hot or two on your warlock.

It's really up to you guys coordinating things, you should cyclone as much as possible as well every time it's safe to use and just really kite as much as possible and whenever you get into a tricky situation, your warlock should have sufficent peels for you to get out of the situation in one piece.

It's about practise, don't give up if you don't get the hang of it straight away, it requires quite some coordination between you guys in order to take this comp down but once you have the coordination, you'll start farming this setup.

Didn't read any replies so I may be repeating someone.

Basically, you're lock has to put enough pressure on them that the priest doesn't have time to mana burn, and fear the lock when he starts. After the fear the lock will have to refresh dots before he drains again. Meanwhile your lock is keeping pressure on the priest and mana draining him... It's gonna be an outlast match, whoever runs out of mana first will lose.

Hot yourself up and use barkskin when u innervate to reduce dispell chances. Shapeshift when u get drained. Innervate is the key in the match, with it you will win, without it you will lose. Try using it early, around 60-75%, that way you will have it again when you get low. I run aff/rsham, and I can drain a priests mana FAST, just make them heal A LOT and drain, fear the fiend, and interrupt the hymn, gg.