Thread: Healbot Issue

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Healbot Issue

Well, im currently wiping on Lich King 25 and making steady progress and i'm also having mana issues using the max rank Power word: shield so i tried to get healbot to down rank the spell.. which i cant seem to find a way.
    I've tried all the other healing addons and i prefer this one to them all, i just really annoying how it wont let me.. does anyone know how to downrank spells?
    Thanks

Re: Healbot Issue

you're trolling right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiago View Post
    I'll take a full glass and drink it entirely. Don't drink half of your drink thinking it will make something better.

Your highest ranked spell cost the least mana. Using down-ranked spells isn't a wise thing to do, they only give less healing/damage/etc. with a cost of more mana.

Downranking to save mana was scrapped a long time ago
    We dont stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Morv
    you're trolling right?
    yey you are so helpful..

this is the answer to your answer http://www.wowhead.com/spell=17#see-also-ability http://www.wowhead.com/spell=48066 and look at the spell cost

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Morv
    you're trolling right?
    If you had any idea how a disc priest worked.. then you would know that rapture on complete absorb of PW;S restores 2.5% of your total mana.. full rank dosnt get completly abosrbed therefore i dont get the mana return. Downranking will allow the infest to completly absorb the PW;S. I didnt make that clear in my post.
    So any ideas?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Landfall
    If you had any idea how a disc priest worked.. then you would know that rapture on complete absorb of PW;S restores 2.5% of your total mana.. full rank dosnt get completly abosrbed therefore i dont get the mana return. Downranking will allow the infest to completly absorb the PW;S
    Grid and clique/mouseover macros

Problem solved

Mana tide, innervate, more mana regen - problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by choody
    Mana tide, innervate, more mana regen - problem solved.
    Whats the point in using those.. that other healers can use when i have an ability that will allow me to get mana back of my own accord? Rapture was the there for a reason

I use healbot and you can no logger use down ranked spells. It prevents you from doing so now because of the mana waste.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bixus
    I use healbot and you can no logger use down ranked spells. It prevents you from doing so now because of the mana waste.
    Thankyou for giving me a proper responce

Deleted

If you look at the Paragon LK-25 hc disc. priest, try swapping out haste gear for spirit gear and/or regemming. While haste for non-crit healers (paladins and holy priest) beats all, in this kind of extended fight mana regen becomes very useful.

It's been a while since I've used Healbot, but I at least used to be able to include the rank, even when I last played with it after the 3.0 patch by including the rank in parens after the spell name. If that doesn't work, you ought to be able to make a macro using this form "/cast [@hbtarget] Power Word: Shield (desired rank)" and then hook that macro into healbot instead.

However, even if you can't downrank to ensure rapture proc, you really shouldn't need to because there are other methods to help with mana. There's the obvious ideas of gearing for more regen (especialy since Haste and Crit are borderline useless for PWS spam) or begging for Innervates or Mana Tides. One easy way to help with your mana is to simply avoiding shields on your tanks can go a long way to make sure you don't accidentally proc Rapture between Infests. If you do feel tanks need a little help, through a random Penance, PoM, FH, or even a Renew, but you REALLY shouldn't have to worry about the tanks at all. Don't go crazy refreshing PWS on everyone between each Infest because Rapture will never proc since it will fully absorb on each refresh; just make sure you coordinate with your other raid healers which groups may still need some topping up if the weakened shields aren't enough to keep them above 90% after the Infest. That should be plenty to keep your mana under control, at least on normal; I haven't seen Heroic yet.

On another note, I don't want to be one of those people going "OMG, you're a noob, stop using Healbot", but I would suggest giving VuhDo or Grid/Clique another shot; they really are strictly superior healing add-ons. The only downside to them is the additional configuration time.

I think it's hilarious how many smart asses got told in this thread.

On topic, experiment with mouse over macros. I have 2 ranks of pw:s on my bars for LK fight when I'm disc.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuq
    It's been a while since I've used Healbot, but I at least used to be able to include the rank, even when I last played with it after the 3.0 patch by including the rank in parens after the spell name. If that doesn't work, you ought to be able to make a macro using this form "/cast [@hbtarget] Power Word: Shield (desired rank)" and then hook that macro into healbot instead.

However, even if you can't downrank to ensure rapture proc, you really shouldn't need to because there are other methods to help with mana. There's the obvious ideas of gearing for more regen (especialy since Haste and Crit are borderline useless for PWS spam) or begging for Innervates or Mana Tides. One easy way to help with your mana is to simply avoiding shields on your tanks can go a long way to make sure you don't accidentally proc Rapture between Infests. If you do feel tanks need a little help, through a random Penance, PoM, FH, or even a Renew, but you REALLY shouldn't have to worry about the tanks at all. Don't go crazy refreshing PWS on everyone between each Infest because Rapture will never proc since it will fully absorb on each refresh; just make sure you coordinate with your other raid healers which groups may still need some topping up if the weakened shields aren't enough to keep them above 90% after the Infest. That should be plenty to keep your mana under control, at least on normal; I haven't seen Heroic yet.

On another note, I don't want to be one of those people going "OMG, you're a noob, stop using Healbot", but I would suggest giving VuhDo or Grid/Clique another shot; they really are strictly superior healing add-ons. The only downside to them is the additional configuration time.
    Cheers for that, i don't really like stealing mana returning things from healers with less mana-returning capalbilties than my self but thanks for the sound advice, i'll give it ago when im next there.

In terms of grid and vuhdu, i have tried them and i wasnt really that impressed, i found healbot to show all i needed... Weakened soul, grace and all that with the actual icon the only downside is the lack of downranking ability.

For Heroic mana is easier to manage. Your shields won't fully absorb Infest, so there are no 'tricks' involved.

I would definitely suggest giving Grid, or at least VuhDo over Healbot. Grid is superior to VuhDo, but requires several days of setup and lots of tweaking to get it where you want it. I should actually try out 'Grid2' sooner or later, it seems to have simplified things slightly without removing any options.

I remembered when I'm Lv 2x and trying to avoid overhealing tank, I downranked lesser heal in healbot and it worked. Don't know whether or not PW:S works the same way.

10+ Year Old Account

After having frustrations myself with using healbot, I decided to give grid a try. I basically set it up to use the exact same keybinds and what-not as healbot did, but I wasn't able to get used to it. I find it harder to gauge just how much dmg a target is taking when their icon is a square. Not to mention it doesn't show all of the icons like healbot does. I like being able to see where my PoM is and how long I have left on renew. Unless there are ways to do this with grid, I'll be sticking to healbot.

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Odexy
    After having frustrations myself with using healbot, I decided to give grid a try. I basically set it up to use the exact same keybinds and what-not as healbot did, but I wasn't able to get used to it. I find it harder to gauge just how much dmg a target is taking when their icon is a square. Not to mention it doesn't show all of the icons like healbot does. I like being able to see where my PoM is and how long I have left on renew. Unless there are ways to do this with grid, I'll be sticking to healbot.
    Grid > Frame > Advanced. Chance the height and width to be the shape you want.
    Grid Buff Icons, and now you can see the actual buff icons.
    With Grid Indicator Side Icons those 4 will show cooldown sweep. I personally have Top - Renew, Left - Weakened Soul and Bottom - Tank CDs.

There's also plugins for PoM that I don't use, but they're out there and they work great. You have to get these little Grid addons to make it as complex as you might want it, it's designed to simple out of the box.

There is nothing Healbot is or does that Grid + Clique or Vuhdo can't do better.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    I would definitely suggest giving Grid, or at least VuhDo over Healbot. Grid is superior to VuhDo, but requires several days of setup and lots of tweaking to get it where you want it. I should actually try out 'Grid2' sooner or later, it seems to have simplified things slightly without removing any options.
    I generally don't like to hijack threads, but since I think the OP's question has been reasonably answered and this is at least tangentally related, can you qualify why you say Grid is superior to VuhDo? Even with the plug-ins, I felt like I had less information readily available with Grid than I do with VuhDo (I use 6 indicators, 3 bars, and various frame colors), though I imagine I could probably get similar displays if I found the right plug-ins, so that may just be a consequence of not looking hard enough. I am in love with the cluster detection feature in VuhDo that AFAIK isn't in Grid. Other than that, it doesn't seem like there's any meaningful difference between the two in terms of configurability, speed, or resource usage, so I'm genuinely interested in objective reasoning why you would say Grid is superior.