Thread: Youtube help :S

10+ Year Old Account

Youtube help :S

I wasn't sure which forum to put this in, but since the video is of my DK I figured I'd ask here. I recently recorded my DK alt doing saurfang using fraps (3.0.3 release at 60 fps) and then processed it with windows moviemaker (sigh...) using 16:9 aspect ratio since i play widescreen. Whenever I upload videos like this to youtube, however, the 1080p version still seems a little fuzzy at fullscreen...is there anything I can do to fix this?

The movie in question:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p8G28_9Hkw

thanks in advance for your help :3

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Youtube help :S

Always encode at the same resolution you're playing. Youtube will figure out how to present it appropriately.

This tutorial might come handy.

But in the end of it all: do not expect super high quality from youtube. It's not meant to have that.

I wonder why this is in the DK forums though. Are you by any chance trying to show off your DK?

Regardless, Youtube isn't made for epic quality, unfortunately.
    PvE:
    This is 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will. 5% pleasure, 50% faceroll, and 100% reason to quit the game.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMonkey
    I wonder why this is in the DK forums though. Are you by any chance trying to show off your DK?

Regardless, Youtube isn't made for epic quality, unfortunately.
    no actually I said in my post that I didn't know which forum to put it in but put it here because the video was of my DK :S its just an alt after all

It's true there isn't really an ideal forum for this, so it can make it's home here for a while.

Like it's been mentioned, if you're trying to upscale your videos to a higher res it probably won't come out so nice. You want to generally record at a res equal or higher than your final destination. I would suggest taking a look at virtualdub (http://www.virtualdub.org/). Grab your codec of choice and then encode. It's super fast on my system even when processing 3x4.5GB files into a single movie. I usually record in fraps full screen with audio, mash it together in virtualdub, choose my encoder, hit save as avi and done.

15+ Year Old Account

Television.

Rules the nation! ( <3 Daft Punk. )

Anyways, the real reason I'm posting here is because I've got a similar issue ( I seemed to have fixed it... but I don't know how I did. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDPm7tttPBs it worked there, but damned if I know how! :< ) and that tutorial you posted Mph says I need a premium to download it D:

Anyone got a tutorial that doesn't require a premium account? Preferably using Fraps/Premiere Pro cs4 ( since that's what I have )

10+ Year Old Account

Personally, I use fraps + virtualdub, the latter of which is free.

As long as you encode to the same resolution you recorded as, you should be fine.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Basement Dweller
    Like it's been mentioned, if you're trying to upscale your videos to a higher res it probably won't come out so nice. You want to generally record at a res equal or higher than your final destination. I would suggest taking a look at virtualdub (http://www.virtualdub.org/). Grab your codec of choice and then encode. It's super fast on my system even when processing 3x4.5GB files into a single movie. I usually record in fraps full screen with audio, mash it together in virtualdub, choose my encoder, hit save as avi and done.
    I did try virtualdub once, but I think i skimped on understanding it a little lol as my videos seemed to come out twice as slow as they went in