Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: I miss these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya
    This guy got camped alot...poor guy...i am sorry u r a baddie. :'(
    My skill is obviously far lower than yours oh great PvPer, I could never muster the massive amount of talent required to go head-to-head with a level 25 on my lvl 80 Icecrown character; I'm just not good enough. ;-;
    I am such a baddie because I can't kill an end game raider/ PvPer on a level 20-something alt.

World PvP wasn't fun. Look at it from the other side. Sure you may have felt totally awesome completely pwning and annihilating all the NPCs and low level players (or baddies as you quite justly corrected), but when it's you that's having their leveling progress halted by some bad player who can't kill players of his/ her own level The King of PVP, you won't see world pvp as such a great thing.

Battleground organise those that want to PvP into groups and supply them with a PvP orientated scenario to overcome, which is a far more suitable environment for PvP than random towns in Azeroth. Meanwhile, players that aren't interested can go about their game time playing how they choose, not how some guy and his raid of 20 PvE/PvP geared lvl60s/70s/80s decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan
    My skill is obviously far lower than yours oh great PvPer, I could never muster the massive amount of talent required to go head-to-head with a level 25 on my lvl 80 Icecrown character; I'm just not good enough. ;-;
    I am such a baddie because I can't kill an end game raider/ PvPer on a level 20-something alt.

World PvP wasn't fun. Look at it from the other side. Sure you may have felt totally awesome completely pwning and annihilating all the NPCs and low level players (or baddies as you quite justly corrected), but when it's you that's having their leveling progress halted by some bad player who can't kill players of his/ her own level The King of PVP, you won't see world pvp as such a great thing.

Battleground organise those that want to PvP into groups and supply them with a PvP orientated scenario to overcome, which is a far more suitable environment for PvP than random towns in Azeroth. Meanwhile, players that aren't interested can go about their game time playing how they choose, not how some guy and his raid of 20 PvE/PvP geared lvl60s/70s/80s decide.
    L2READ please " BTW this post isnt about ganking low levels...this is about "World PvP". I agree killing someone lower level than you is no fun."
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

i wish i can still play wow :'(

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Death Knight
    i wish i can still play wow :'(
    ^^This.

Loved the game and I'm so happy that I got to play it for so long. But real life in the end will get you, no matter what you do.

Currently, the people that wish to do PvP can do Battlegrounds and Arena which are effectively artificial instanced versions of world PvP; Horde and Alliance raids fighting one another to win.
    Before these options, many people were forced to PvP when they weren't interested in that aspect of the game causing them to have less fun playing.
    At what point, ever, in the history of the game, were players not interested in PVP forced to PVP?

Were you forcibly logged into a PVP server against your will? Or am I missing something...

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya
    L2READ please " BTW this post isnt about ganking low levels...this is about "World PvP". I agree killing someone lower level than you is no fun."
    The same still applies, this is just one example. Just replace a leveling character with someone who isn't interested in PvPing. It's annoying, it's an inconvenience and it blemishes the enjoyment levels of the game. Lets be honest, the majority of world pvp between players was still about as fair as ganking low levels. I seriously doubt the general person would look at a full Wrathful player who's not afk and decide to attack them. If it was a freshly dinged level 80 in greens and blues however then they with their battleground-farmed pvp gear would be on that so hard that the victim wouldn't even know what hit them before you danced and /spat on their corpse.

If you want to PvP, it's far better to do so with others who want to as well. Battlegrounds provide this whereas beforehand you would just go out and attack someone who obviously isn't ready or wants to fight another player.
    On the topic of arranged world pvp its basically the same as battlegrounds, just with more downsides. It's just two large groups of the opposing factions fighting one another, to claim any different would just be looking at how it used to be with a sense of nostalgia over logic. Battlegrounds are the same as arranged world PvP without having to spoil the fun for people playing in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonepuller
    At what point, ever, in the history of the game, were players not interested in PVP forced to PVP?

Were you forcibly logged into a PVP server against your will? Or am I missing something...
    I play on a PvP server because my friends play there and I have always played there since before I really new the difference between realm types. I have no interst in PvP but I 'd rather be ganked every now and then than play on a separate realm from my friends. I accept that it comes with the server I play on but the server choice isn't truly a fair choice in many cases. It's still possible to be forced into PvP when I have no interest to. Just because I play on a PvP realm, that doesn't mean I WANT to PvP 24/7. If I am engaged in world PvP when I don't plan on it or want to, then I am being forced into PvPing when I don't want to aren't I? :-X