Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: to the pseudo "upper-class" gamers

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    You should stop throwing around terms you don't understand.
    You should not say someone does not understand only because you wish he does not understand.

Sure they are social darwinists.

"The strongest will survive, the weak will suffer". Noone lives social darwinism more than an arrogant wow player, who meters people by their play style.

I also have a fetish for the word pseudo.
    Senã - Agamaggan EU

Quote Originally Posted by rym
    Well, how should i start?

Well, WoW is a game. It means, its some kind of free time activity. It offers challenge, and it offers also entertainment with not much challenge.

Some people seem to think, they are better than others by gaining items or titles or mastering heroic encounters in the game.

Thats true, they are something better than those, who dont manage it...

But only in a game, which is nothing useful for the rest of your life. In a virtual reality. Outside of it, you are equal or even worse than others.

After all, you are just successfull in a virtual world, which wont help you anything in real life. You are just nothing better in rl, you are only a better gamer possibly.

Its as if someone thinks, hes part of an upper class, if hes able to play monopoly very good. You could be the best monopoly player ever, outside of your table you play it, that means nothing. Some kind of pseudo-aristocracy, which is, if you take it to a correct pov, just completely mad.

If you talk on this forum, you talk to people who play this game as well. Some who are good, some who are not that good. But being better in a game does not make you better anywhere. It's just a free time activity which you are better in.

Go get a life instead.

Sometimes i think, the game is a very good place for mentally ill social darwinists, who think anyone would care what they ever achieved in it.

In some years, when wow will be at its end of the lifecycle, and when the last realm will be shut down, theres only one thing left from your pseudo-aristocracy:

Nothing.

Nothing at all. Noone will care about what you did in a virtual world.

So whats left to gain from a game?

Fun.

Fun with friends.

Do you play a role you dislike for a raid spot? Why? Is that fun? Think about it.
    I don't know about you but where I live i have a copy of my Wow Armory in my wallet and that gets me all sorts of discounts where ever I go.

Therefore your argument is invalid as I am clearly better than you in game and in life.

Yeah all them damn no life HM raiders should just get a life.

Ok so what do you say to people that are better in game and out of game than you?

I will assume that the people you are talking about are just asshats, the other option is that you are terrible and when they try to help you have a hissy fit at them about how elitist they are.

Why do you care what the asshats say?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Lobstarrr
    Yeah all them damn no life HM raiders should just get a life.
    I never said that ???

Read the first posting, and whats it about. Its not about demonizing raiders, its about demonizing arrogance.

Thats a big difference.

10+ Year Old Account

You are forcing your own opinion, YOU think that people do that. Sure, some do, but 'real' life has those exact same people doing similar things in places like buisness, goverment, etc. I like to grind reputations and collect pets, mounts, achievements and all those kinds of things. I often group with people to do old world content. Does that make me a social darwinist? You make sweeping assumptions with next to no evidence to support your claims. You are not being flamed to death for you jackass behavior. Now is about the time to shut up and delete the thread..

Quote Originally Posted by Sena
    I also have a fetish for the word pseudo.
    hmmmm so do I.... you can make almost anything sound better by prefacing it with pseudo

To the OP: I shall annihilate you in WoW with my superiority, for I am superior in every respect and am fully worthy of having a higher class in WoW, for I am in fact superior. In every respect.

Still they dont need to carry their pseudo-aristocracy to rl. And those who play wow as a job, normaly dont act that unprofessional as like the typical social darwinist, who meters people by gamestyle.

Also there is no WoW-Kasparow. And there never will be one.
    Many players in WoW are adolescent, and many are otherwise unaccomplished in life. These are the sorts who are generally abrasive towards other players. It doesn't matter if they're any good, either. People talk a big game to bluff and hope nobody digs too deep at them.

Frankly, though, everything anyone does in life is of a very very limited scope. You're kidding yourself if you believe any given part of it is meaningful in some absolute sense. It only has meaning for you in the ways you want it to. Making fun of gamers for being serious about gaming is no different from making fun of a violinist for being serious about playing violin, or a cook about cooking, or really pretty much everything else. Even things that produce wealth are relatively pointless, in the big picture. Just a function of your beliefs. :P

I never said that ???
    "Go get a life instead."

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasius-
    You are forcing your own opinion, YOU think that people do that.
    I know some people do. See "why the celestial steed hate", the first posting there. Thats a typical example of a completely world-quixotic being, which only has one term to stereotype people.

And hes not really the only example.

Sure, some do
    Yeah, and i am talking about those "some", and not the majority of players or raiders.

I like to grind reputations and collect pets, mounts, achievements and all those kinds of things. I often group with people to do old world content. Does that make me a social darwinist?
    No, and did i say that anywhere?

You should read my post again. I am talking about arrogant stereotypists. Not about the typical player.

Why do you feel pissed?

You make sweeping assumptions with next to no evidence to support your claims. You are not being flamed to death for you jackass behavior. Now is about the time to shut up and delete the thread..
    Read the first post again.

http://www.anshechung.com/include/pr...ase251106.html

What was that about being successful in a virtual environment meaning nothing outside of it?

10+ Year Old Account

It means a fake or false high class person. It's just a term assholes throw around to troll and sound smart in wow-forums to seem like they are better then the rest of the player base, which makes them exactly what they are claiming everyone else to be. You see, claiming someone is a 'psuedo aristocrat' is a double negative, because then you are assuming that you are better then them, making you the psuedo aristocrat.

So shut up you psuedo aristocrat!

"Still they dont need to carry their pseudo-aristocracy to rl"

Is this about someone being mean to you? I don't quite understand what real life has to do with your time in wow.

You dont get it. I am sick about the behaviour of special people who play a game outside of the game.

Have they become assholes because they played the game or had they always been assholes?
    Everyone tries to be proud of himself, and that's perfectly understandable. The way you achieve that is irrelevant.

If, however, you're talking about people that think that ability in a game makes them "leet", then he is an asshole.

In some years, when wow will be at its end of the lifecycle, and when the last realm will be shut down, theres only one thing left from your pseudo-aristocracy:

Nothing.
    Nothing =/= one thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Augury View Post
    I see you trollin
    round town with that class i love
    and im like haiku

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Athabasca
    What was that about being successful in a virtual environment meaning nothing outside of it?
    For me it means nothing. I dont care a shit if you have done LK heroic or if not. And noone ever will once wow is over.

Noone will ever remember what you did in this game. Except you.

And thats my posting about, not if someone earns money by playing. 100.000 china farmers do that as well.

I am talking about the people who dont get anything back except their playing experience. And this will count nothing, and does not count anything in real life.

You should not say someone does not understand only because you wish he does not understand.

Sure they are social darwinists.

"The strongest will survive, the weak will suffer". Noone lives social darwinism more than an arrogant wow player, who meters people by their play style.
    So, in other words, you don't know jack about Social Darwinism. It often refers to eugenics, but it involves forced removal by one competitor instead of two directly competing for resources.

How you relate that to WoW is anyone's guess. Mainly because one guild can't "kill" another by simply being better at raids. If your guild can only manage Lower Spire 10, it's breakup is a result of players desire to progress without having the actual ability to do so.

But seeing the rest of your posts. I do need to inform you, cool sounding terms do not necessarily validate your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo
    Many players in WoW are adolescent, and many are otherwise unaccomplished in life. These are the sorts who are generally abrasive towards other players. It doesn't matter if they're any good, either. People talk a big game to bluff and hope nobody digs too deep at them.
    No. People that suffer inferiority complexes can go to hell. Blaming adolescence and inexperience in life to excuse a "hurt anyone worse than yourself" is wrong.