Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: #BlizzChat Developer Chat on Twitter 4/16

Quote Originally Posted by lessdots
    My first toughts as wel! Camel with 1 bump for the solo riders and a camel with 2 bumps for 2 additional passengers

Gimme this and i will be OK ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Laan
    This just further proves how blizzard has no idea how to balance their game:
    Just proves you can't assume anything based on microscopic amounts of information.

"we're giving rogues more passive defenses"..... and the ones outlined were more armor and stam on ALL gear that isn't plate... as in, pretty much any class a rogue did very good dmg too now mitigates more dmg.... this doesn't feel like a rogue adjustment so much as a game adjustment.

in addition..... rogues are getting 2 (TWO) new activated defense cooldowns..... while they are trying to remove our reliance on those very same active defenses..... how does anything they are saying on this subject make ANY sense?
    Toning down the cooldowns so they can make their survival a little more passive doesn't mean they can't get new cooldowns. One has nothing to do with the other.

And yes the armor/sta increase everyone is getting is more of a game change, but they are trying to make a point that you need to look at how these changes will work in Cataclysm, not how they would look now. The game is going to be very different and you need to put these changes in the proper context of Cataclysm.

also. they didn't answer why mages needed ANOTHER "control" mechanic. Sure, they have alot of control and thats their niche, but really, did they need MORE shit to spam?
    Um, that's their job, that's the answer. Many classes are getting "more shit to spam" that fits their niche. The new mage one is very intersting, and that's what they are trying to do, give everyone a new, interesting mechanic within their niche.

Also, wtb same DR's on shatter barrier root, and Frostnova's and pet novas if rogues are getting their stuns on DR. Only fair right?
    You can't get angry at anything yet because you have no idea how everything will look when it's done. They very well may be putting more DR on mage stuff. We know about 5% of the changes happening in Cataclysm class wise.

You have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not being mean, it's the truth. All we have are tiny tiny bits and pieces of info that are going to fit together with a huge amount of larger bits of info we don't have yet and we don't know what the outcome will be.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Q: When does the homogenization of classes stop? Paladins are starting to look like priests. Where is the diversity?
    A: We want the challenge of beating PvE encounters or enemy teams in PvP to be how awesome you are at strategizing, not how often you are at recruiting the right classes. While it is very, very important to us for classes to feel different, it’s also very important to us that friends get to play together.
    Q: Can you make crowd control in raids and 5-mans an important aspect of the PvE game again?
    A: An emphatic yes
    LF 3 mages for heroic cata dungeon, anyone?

Deleted

Finally, Retpaladin gets an interrupt. ( In global Cooldown ? I hope not. ).

Not sure if someone made this joke but isn't Solar Beam a pokemon ability too?

Boomkin, I CHOOSE YOU!!!! (toss alliance colored pokeball at deathwing)

[quote ]
    Q: When does the homogenization of classes stop? Paladins are starting to look like priests. Where is the diversity?
    A: We want the challenge of beating PvE encounters or enemy teams in PvP to be how awesome you are at strategizing, not how often you are at recruiting the right classes. While it is very, very important to us for classes to feel different, it’s also very important to us that friends get to play together.
    [/quote]

so if one friend wants to run end game content and the other doesnt (or is just too lazy to put in the time/effort), you will keep homogenizing classes

things were great in BC before you started making things 'balanced'... classes had specific roles, function, etc. it was a matter of recruiting not just the right class, but the right people

now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Holycola
    Q: Can you make crowd control in raids and 5-mans an important aspect of the PvE game again?
    A: An emphatic yes.

I also liked this, maybe I'll make use of my Hex after 2 years
    Yep, sap too. Oh wait, people always get the mobs in combat before a rogue gets close anyway... ;D A nice change nonetheless!

Deleted

Wait, so you can train 280% mounts to become 310%?
    Now what will happen to current 310's :-X

Quote Originally Posted by Grustajin
    Totally right, this is how it is and always will be. It's how many games are today.

I very much agree, the idea that my totems might become a mere stat stick just sucks. Granted to some extent that's what they are but I enjoy that there's a little mechanic to it. It also gives them the potential to be a bit more powerful than other items. Like the 264 Resto totem gives me some 260 SP after I get 3 stacks of the buff by casting Riptide. A Mage/Priest/Lock would shit their pants if they were given a wand with that much sp on it. I like the idea of there being a choice between relics in the future, but if it reduces them to just something to fill that last item slot, then relics will lose imo a large part of their appeal.
    As a paladin tank I'm gladly trade in my 219 dodge after 18 seconds for stamina
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zeromus
    One time a ret pally crit me so hard that my character exploded and killed all my alts

SAVE THE TREE FORM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why in hell do they want to bring back CC in 5 man dungeons again ? :/

We want a fast run. 15 min tops. Not 2 hours.

And with most of the mediocre players these days. This will fail hard

Hey no housing questions ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    http://www.sassygoatmilksoap.com/

Make sure once your on to listen a bit for the song!

Oh, and Cloak of Shadows now provides 100% resistance.

made my day

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No, Vanish isn’t working properly and breaks when you breathe on the rogue funny.

IF they are bringing CC back can they limit it to mobs with low healthpools (that obviously hit superhard so thats why we CC) and up to 3 trash pulls in between bosses? I like 15mn dungeons, its good to do with friends when we can get together, in between stuff. CC will slow it down tremendously. Short pulls/small health pools is the only way to accommodate this.
    FINALLY GOT CATACLYSM!

I don't get why everyone is bitching about the 310% mount anyways? TBH I understand the point that working hard for raiding hardmodes/achieves and being top in arena should be rewarded (I have a 310% mount myself from ULD) but making it a trainable thing isn't a big deal and you all should have seen it coming. They are pretty much giving every 80 a free 310% mount anyways for minimal effort by means of the Violet Proto-Drake. They will prolly just make it so that if you do NOT already have a 310% mount you will have to buy the skill. If they don't, I will just ride my 310% anyways as I have been doing for months now. As far as what they will be doing with the new top achievements to replace the mounts, I just hope it isn't a title and it's something more praiseworthy. Either way, it's just a game and if you all are QQ-ing about it THAT much you should prolly take a break from the game anyways. (Oh, not to mention there is still a long way until the release so everything is subject to change)..

Oh, and I love the lock/pally/druid changes I have seen so far (cept the mushroom thing lol)
    Druid Armory: Furlesque - STK

Expect to see some monkeys, foxes and other new pet possibilities though!

monkeys, foxes and other new pet possibilities

foxes

foxes

foxes

...I'm making a hunter. ;D

10+ Year Old Account

Expect to see some monkeys, foxes and other new pet possibilities though!

monkeys, foxes and other new pet possibilities

foxes

foxes

foxes

...I'm making a hunter. Grin
    I was already planning to make a Worgen hunter named Renard (from the French for "fox", have the name reserved). Pretty easy to decide what kind of pet I am going to get now.
    Cosmic greetings, all, I'm the Raccoonatic Commander!
    Leowyld of Emerald Dream-US

Quote Originally Posted by Televators
    Why are people crying about the 310% mount changes? Have you played this game before? I love people who say what's the point of getting 310% mounts for hard modes and other achievements. The point is that for an entire expansion, you had a rare, faster mount that people that didn't get the achievement did not have. Now the expansion is ending and like every one before, the elite rewards are toned down, changed or removed and new special rewards replace them.

You know this. You understand it. But you just have to complain about something.
    Not to mention that the mount itself will still be there. You can still feel l33t on your Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher, even if all the noobs have a 310% Bronze Drake (or whatever).

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m
    Q: Does the Marksman mastery (Double Shot) work like the Wild Quiver talent (provide a free autoshot) or like the Lightning Overload talent (a free whatever spell you just cast)? In other words, can Double Shot fire a second Chimera Shot?

A: Double Shot is a half-strength autoshot. Wild Quiver will increase the damage of the autoshot to 60-70% (or something similar). Lightning Overload (the talent) will likewise increase the magnitude of the Elemental Overload mechanic.

This is definitely wrong stated by the developer, as wild quiver is suppose to “You have a 12% chance to shoot an additional shot when doing damage with your auto shot, dealing 80% weapon nature damage. Wild Quiver consumes no ammo.”

This is blatantly stupid as someone with no knowledge of hunter mechanism to talk about hunter.

Edit: K there might be posibility that the developer is saying that the new wild quiver will increase the damage of the autoshot to 60-70%, if thats the case, not bad... o.O
    -------------------- another person-------------------
    You must be retarded. I wouldn't normally say that, but you came off like an ass in your post. Take a second and think or at least ask a question before saying shit like that. What he said was very clear.

The Double Shot proc is a 50% damage autoshot which takes the place of the Wild Quiver proc. So instead the Wild Quiver talent will increase the damage of that Double Shot proc from 50% to something like 70%, around the current Wild Quiver proc damage.
    Funny. I did read it same way, but having in mind lately changes to rogue/shammy autoattacks(poison) dmg (and to some extent even warrior rage generating-dmg conversion) to shift it from static dps, its very unlikely. Or we would be back to vanilla hunters : <AFK>randomname autoshooting boss - dont want to be there again tbh.

Deleted

Seriously about the flying mounts. What is that hard to understand. Its just what youve been used to all along. 310% is now trainable. Then you will have to purchase a 310% mount just like you purchased a 60% ground mount to compliment your triaining and a 100%, 150% and 280% mount. Jeezzz.