Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...

Re: #BlizzChat Developer Chat on Twitter 4/16

310% for everyone?!
    /tar blizz
    /spit

BLIZZ!!!

It's been so long! Where are the female worgen models? Why do you hate us?

Q: Will Protection Warriors have improved AoE tanking in Cataclysm?
    A: We will make sure they don’t feel gimp compared to the other 3 tanks. We’re not going to give them an ability that they can just spam endlessly to maintain AE threat. We think Thunder Clap and Shockwave already work well for that. We want you to have to manage threat, but we don’t want it to be insanely hard to manage. (You also might be doing less AE tanking in Cataclysm overall.)
    Better nerf AoE tanking and bring back some CC or dps with a brain (single targeting and waiting for threat).

I am leveling a warrior right now and done tons of normal dungeons (level 75 now). I have no problems at all to keep agro on 5 mobs. I actually have insane threat after 5 seconds. This is probably different in heroic dungeons when dps does a lot more damage, but still. I don't really see a problem with waiting 3 seconds before dpsing, it's not game breaking.
    Please don't give more AoE threat, it dumbs the game down and makes it boring.

Holy Sh**! Boomkin are getting a silence. My prayers have been answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Leowyld
    I was already planning to make a Worgen hunter named Renard (from the French for "fox", have the name reserved). Pretty easy to decide what kind of pet I am going to get now.
    I guarantee no one calls you Retard... ever :

Q: Do you intend to have all 280% flying mounts scale to 310% when a 310% mount is earned, or will only purchased mounts do so?
    A: Our current plan, is that in Cataclysm, you can learn a new rank of flying that lets all flying mounts move at 310% (even current 280% mounts). That will probably be as fast as mounts will ever get. We don’t like it that when you get a 310% mount that you stop using your old ones.
    So if everyone can get 310, then maybe we can have the Naxx mounts back.

Since they were removed so "everyone wont get a 310 mount"

10+ Year Old Account

I guarantee no one calls you Retard... ever
    Oh, I am sure there are some people who will. I am not too concerned about the antics of idiots, though (idiot being a good term for those who find it sufficiently humorous to change a letter in a name as a :read: bad joke).
    Cosmic greetings, all, I'm the Raccoonatic Commander!
    Leowyld of Emerald Dream-US

hmm nice info ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Death Knight
    hmm nice info ;D
    hmm yes, quite.

Cloak of Shadows now provides 100% resistance.
    310 mounts

wohoo ;D

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    #BlizzChat Developer Chat on Twitter 4/16
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

Mage (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Q: Why are you giving Mages more Crowd Control?
    A: We like for classes and specs to have themes. Part of the mage kit is control. Part of the warrior kit is mobility. We like to reinforce those designs rather than give classes new abilities that remove their weaknesses. Weaknesses are supposed to be something you keep in mind while you’re playing. I’m sure Ret paladins would love Heroic Leap and warriors would love Polymorph, but that plugs a hole really, really well where you risk being a one person army who doesn’t need to be supported by other players in PvP or PvE. Obviously it risk homogenizing all the classes as well.
    I wonder why this wasn't commented so far...
    Mages get more CC in Cata and yet the Paladin doesn't get anything to get closer to them or any other "kite class".
    The post above sounds to me like ret Pallies are meant to be "kite-to-death"-victims....
    I hope the Interupt we are going to get is a 30y range spell with 24 sec. cooldown that interupts spellcasting for 8 seconds like Counterspell or even better.

It's not a whine post, it's about compensation for being the only Meelee-Class that has nothing to "charge" or "pull" since release.

Warrys -> Intercept, Charge + Heroic Leap (Paladin Ability, see Tirion)
    DKs -> Death Grip
    Feral -> Feral Charge
    Enhancer -> Spirit Walk
    Rogue -> Sprint

Q. What change are you most excited about?
    A. Some of the new Balance talents for druids, like Solar Beam, which works like Freya’s spell where it instantly silences a target and they have to move out of the beam to get rid of the debuff.

It is far beyond me how something so crucial to Moonkin PvP would end up as a side comment in a dev chat and not in the class preview - moonkin have only been asking for a silence since oh I don't know... the beginning of time??

Putting that aside, this has the potential to give moonkin a way actually finish off a healer under the right circumstances. Roots + Solar Beam jumps out as a viable solo tactic, with a multitude of options when an assisting partner is added to the mix. A lot of detail is still missing however - what will the beam duration be? Dispellable or removable? (most likely via the aid of someone outside the beam.) What will the cooldown time be? How big a radius? Can it be set up on a person inside a cyclone so they drop out into the silence? Answers to these questions will determine whether this ability is a menace to be reckoned with or a one-trick pony that gets shrugged off as a nuisance.

On a more comedic note... I'm envisioning a happy scene with sun shining down and mushrooms sprouting all around. Maybe some flowers for good measure. Only the target surrounded by all this is getting utterly destroyed @_@. A moonkin can dream...

-Thedrun

Q: Will Protection Warriors have improved AoE tanking in Cataclysm?
    A: We will make sure they don’t feel gimp compared to the other 3 tanks. We’re not going to give them an ability that they can just spam endlessly to maintain AE threat. We think Thunder Clap and Shockwave already work well for that. We want you to have to manage threat, but we don’t want it to be insanely hard to manage. (You also might be doing less AE tanking in Cataclysm overall.)

Sounds like the usual GC double talk.

Ooooo, wonder if by "Egyptian Themed zone in Cataclysm", they mean camel mounts are incoming. Lol, almost as funny to look at as the celestial steed.