Thread: An interrupt?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

An interrupt?

Anyone else a bit dissapointed that we are getting an interrupt rather than a gap closer or something else? I mean I'm just happy we are getting PvP utility! But it doesnt feel like an interrupt is what we need to do better against casters. :X
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Re: An interrupt?

They never said anything about us not getting a gap closer, but i'm overjoyed that they are actually giving us a interupt. Now i dont know how long it will last but hopefully it will get out of beta unlike the interupts we've had in the past...
    Quote Originally Posted by AWolf
    The first rule of Bolvar as Lich King is... You do not talk about Bolvar as Lich King.

Most likely, you will get a gap-closer.

But the animation will be a giant pink swirl of light that causes mass-homophobia.

Oh the humanity?!?!

Id prefer to be able to finally kill a healer than a gap closer TBH.

So you are fine with ranged dps face-rolling you to-death, when you will be helpless against their insurmountable siege of snares, causing you to curl up into the fetal position and cry?

INTERRUPT! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

OH GOD I'M SO F*CKING HAPPY!

I hope noone planned on trying to heal in cataclysm, its going to be an interrupt fiesta.
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.

I have a feeling interrupts will be OP in Cataclysm, considering healing is going to take a huge shot. The only reason my Pally ever managed to survive interrupts in Wotlk, was because I could recover my total health pool in 1-2 casts.

It sounds like the new healing model will have me struggling to top my hp off, before the the next interrupt :L

Not to mention they are lowering the gap between plate / cloth, which hurts one of my utilities( countering melees )

Right now the difference between plate and cloth is about 40%. (meaning plate reduces melee damage 40% more then cloth)

I saw that we got an interupt, and I did this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tsd0DqZ2lo

Well as-long as I have the tools to muster a fair recovery I m looking forward to a healing experience with more depth to it. Instead of just HOL HOL HOL HOL HOL in pve and FOL FOL FOL HS FOL FOL FOL HS in PVP.

Don't get too excited, for all we know it may be a minute + CD.

For all we know this interrupt may cause forbearance.

While i'm grateful for the interrupt, im not going to push everything aside and just let things slide. This does solve a huge problem for utility, but it won't solve the effectiveness so much. The gap closer is what will make us more effective and capable players.

Losing cleanse and gaining an interrupt kinda only makes things even, still missing a big pieve of utility

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx
    I do agree somewhat. We'll still be effective against rogues due to poison cleansing. We're now effective against Paladin, Shaman and to some extent, Priest healers. What we'll struggle with are Hunter, Mages, and potentially Warlocks. However, Hand of Freedom, Holy Shock and afterwards the AoE HoT will help with those a little. If they do add a distance closer, then we'll be in a good position, but getting an interrupt is something we've wanted, and needed, for a very long time.

They haven't announced everything yet. I'm sure in a week or 2 (/soonTM) we'll know more of our, currently uncertain, future in PvP. Getting an interrupt is just the start, i sense big changes ahead.
    I'm looking at PVE too. That interrupt is soooo much nicer to be able to provide to a raid than a 2 min salv and that's it. Just imagine having the ability to make a last second save to keep a stack of vengence on a target or boss that did a knockback before you could get that swing in, or split between 2 bosses. That's the kind of options i'd like to have for PVE

if we left w/o cleanse, then we need gapcloser as a mandatory move.
    it is diffcult to interrupt instant casts and attacks, which slow/root you down.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Furiozo
    if we left w/o cleanse, then we need gapcloser as a mandatory move.
    it is diffcult to interrupt instant casts and attacks, which slow/root you down.
    Hand of Freedom could always be reworked- thing like "sharing" HoF (i.e. you HoF a warrior, and you both get HoF) or punishing for dispeling HoF (i.e. you Spellsteal it, and you are snared for 80% movement speed for 8 seconds) are good alternative ways to give paladins any form of a gap closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Hand of Freedom could always be reworked- thing like "sharing" HoF (i.e. you HoF a warrior, and you both get HoF) or punishing for dispeling HoF (i.e. you Spellsteal it, and you are snared for 80% movement speed for 8 seconds) are good alternative ways to give paladins any form of a gap closer.
    the *sharing* is a very clunky mechanic, tbh.
    spellsteal-punishment is not the way too.
    just like some1 on official forums said, the best choice would be to tie a talent deep in ret tree, which makes hof undispellable.
    but then again, it wont solve everything.
    hof wont become a gapcloser even in such a manner, because all it does , is allowing us to run, while running isnt going to get us into melee.
    so i'd suggest a ret talent which not only makes hof undispellable, but also grants a certain amount of speed boost when used.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    (i.e. you Spellsteal it, and you are snared for 80% movement speed for 8 seconds)
    Your immune to movement impairing effects but are slowed at the same time lol?
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Moshy
    Your immune to movement impairing effects but are slowed at the same time lol?
    If HoF is dispel'd or removed from the paladin without the paladin canceling it, it could daze or whatever.

In any case, I welcome an interrupt in PvE- means that I won't go OOM on Dreamwalker because someone doesn't interrupt the Magi.

10+ Year Old Account

Its about time they gave us an interrupt, hopefully it has some type of spell school lock as well if its Cd is longer then 10 seconds.
    as for gap closers maybe they could give us a weaker short Cd version of sprint/dash, could make it around +30% or so run speed for a few seconds with a Cd of 30 seconds or less, I've also heard speculation of them reducing the Cd of repentance & having it cause a daze or snare effect if broken early though that could cause problems with how much we could lock ppl down with it on a short Cd.
    Perhaps they could increase the base range of judgment of justice but have it do reduced damage when the target is out of melee in exchange for having it daze them. Or perhaps they could make a talent for ret so that when we use hand of freedom on a target to remove snares the person who cast those snares in the first place suffers a daze/snare once they are removed off the initial target.
    whatever happens they did say that dispels would cost allot more mana in cataclysm compared to what they do now so that should help allot.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.