Healing Touch spec.

Hello there oh reader of mine! First off I would like to say that I am just here asking for a your opinions I am not looking to cause trouble or anything I just want to know what your opinions on this are, so please do not tell me "it is not viable" etc. I am just here for theorycrafting if you will.

So what I am trying to do is make a Healing Touch specced restoration druid based off what somebody told me one day not too long ago and what this basis is off is that a Restoration druid specs far enough down into Dreamstate for mana regen based on intellect which supports this spec well (or so I am told) and the rest in restoration for healing touch mostly, this spec is for tank healing I believe and spot healing where needed and I am looking for opinions on the spec from all of you who choose to assist in this.

So this is what I came up with so far:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...Wd_3,QbX,11723
    Glyphs: Healing touch, Rapid Rejuvination and Swiftmend.
    Spells: Healing Touch, Regrowth, Rejuvination, Lifebloom (maybe) and swiftmend (along with the cooldowns and such..)

Mainly healing touch, it has a good enough cast time it is easily faster than nourish and can get out some decently high heals at a fast pace, rejuvination for idols and mending inbetween casts and so forth, however the problem I am having is that I think the spec could be improved but I do not know quite sure how so I wanted some other players opinions and asking in trade chat in game is never going to get me anywhere so I figured I would ask a collection of players on these forums.

Oh also right now I am using my resto druid as normal but with a healing touch glyph just to give it a shot and I am having a lot of fun healing heroics with it (I don't want to try it in a raid yet) it is different and quite fun, the only problem I am having is mana control because healing touch takes a decent chunk out of my mana without the so called spec (I have about 1400 mana so 140 mana regen in combat added..) other than that with a normal resto druid spec but just the glyph it is quite fun and I like it.

So what are your opinions on this? Is there any way you can think to improve it at all or make it better? Let me know!

-=Slavemaker=-

Re: Healing Touch spec.

Old idea is old. Focusing on Healing Touch gives you a ghetto flash heal that you already have in Nourish. It's not worth the sacrifices made.

The gylph of healing touch is mainly there to make leveling as resto easier until you learn Nourish. It can't really compete, and isn't meant to, with Nourish unless the target has none of your heal over time effects on it, and even then it's not a huge lead.

For that matter, you don't need a resto spec focused on tank-healing. Keeping hots rolling on the tank and top up with Nourish as needed is enough, and much more mana-effective than spamming a ghetto flash heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirual
    Old idea is old. Focusing on Healing Touch gives you a ghetto flash heal that you already have in Nourish. It's not worth the sacrifices made.

The gylph of healing touch is mainly there to make leveling as resto easier until you learn Nourish. It can't really compete, and isn't meant to, with Nourish unless the target has none of your heal over time effects on it, and even then it's not a huge lead.

For that matter, you don't need a resto spec focused on tank-healing. Keeping hots rolling on the tank and top up with Nourish as needed is enough, and much more mana-effective than spamming a ghetto flash heal.
    I know pretty much all of this and I still think it is interesting mostly because it is different and still more fun than nourish spamming, why... Not really sure I just like hybrid specs like this.

How is it more fun to spam glyphed HT than Nourish, a spell that at least has some interactions with other spells?

Besides, you shouldn't be spamming Nourish in the first place.

didn't read any of the replies or half of the OP's post TBH, but.... don't do it.

With all of the haste that a properly geared resto should be running now days Nourish will be a 1 second cast, essentially the same for glyphed/speced healing touch. The whole appeal before on the HT spec was that the cast was sub 1 second for fast heals, but even the benefits of the spec were very much debatable (this was before the GoTM change to a flat haste amount and a 1 second nourish was harder to reach). We are unable to cast a spell faster than once per second, so the time gained by using HT over nourish is lost while trying to wait for your GCD to come off. No benefit gained.

The talent points required to make a HT spec viable will push you toward a fairly specialized play style which is very much counter to what our strength as a healer is (adaptability) IMO.

Specing down the balance tree to dreamstate is even worse of an idea. The talent points required to get that far would definitely kill your deep resto talents that provide a ton of benefit to your healing done and buffs to the rest of the raid. Maybe good for a pvp spec? i dunno i rarely if ever pvp on my druid any more.

Like you said, HT eats a ton of mana. Nourish eats a lot less. You will lose our only true "oh shit button" in the form of NS+HT.

I could continue listing reasons for not specing this way, but let me put it this way. The only benefit to the spec/glyphs is that you get a fast and potent flash heal. A role that nourish already fills quite nicely. So basically 1 pro vs a multitude of cons.

Why would you intentionally specc to become a FoL casting holypala without beacon of light?
    Stay away from the HT-speccs and focus on what druids to best, HoTs, HoTs and some more HoTs!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli
    I could continue listing reasons for not specing this way, but let me put it this way. The only benefit to the spec/glyphs is that you get a fast and potent flash heal. A role that nourish already fills quite nicely. So basically 1 pro vs a multitude of cons.
    ^^This. Take it from resto. druid who has been healing main since TBC. It's not worth it.