Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Which classes are able to solo old world raid content easily

Quote Originally Posted by Arthoxxx
    What is that font used on the damage done part?
    Not my vid, i dont know sorry. Just found it laying around in my faves lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^

prot/bloodthirst warriors in tank gear are great.

go down to bloodthirst in the fury tree and vitality 3/3 in the prot tree, throw on tank gear and your good to go... self healing without needing to worry about mana. they also have glyphs to improve your self heals

As a prot warrior I've found that most old content is soloable. I imagine its easier with a class that can heal (I haven't changed my prot spec to include bloodthirst), but it's still possible.

i suspect level 85 rogues won't be bad in the future, with the additional survival cooldown and combo point ---> HoT, i expect them to catch up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account

I have soloed level 60 raids with my BDeath Knight easily. Didn't try level 70 raids but i believe I can solo some of them too. I can solo every TBC heroic and the most of Karazhan with my PPaladin. I heard PWarriors that spec into Bloodthirst can also solo some stuff.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by Larivas
    Ret pallies work fine as well in some of the content. I solo ZG as ret, its actually a bit easier than as prot. I've done a few bosses in MC as ret as well, but thats a bit more difficult and I couldn't full clear solo as ret.
    you should try it again its fairly easy to solo as ret just watch out and heal as much as possible. its really worthy i make about 700 ~ 1000 gold if im lucky with drops by doing ZG and MC
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

/Brofisting Vol'Jin

As a prot warrior i can solo the 20 mans.And the 40 mans are tough but cant get the whole place,most bosses but not all of it.

Discipline Priest can do it with a PVP/PVE spec. It's slow and can be difficult sometimes but it's possible.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

I've soloed parts of ZG as enhancement, it was actually kind of fun It's not a very viable class if you are getting hit hard for more than 45 seconds (Wolf duration). On the plus side, the sick amount of damage you can dish out in melee during those 45 seconds usually means you can take bosses down.

I know this isn't old world, but today I soloed Bloodbane, got him down to 5%, wolves ended, I died, Mograine killed him. A basic calculation shows I was doing 8k+ dps, this is WITHOUT the rune buffs in icecrown and with a really bad setup (I wasn't sure I was looking for him in the right place, so I basically landed on him and had to get into combat real fast).

a ret pally in ICC10+ gear can do all of MC

Been soloing ZG on my lock since pre-Ulduar, with largely PVP gear. Nowadays, in my ICC 25 gear, it's even more of a pushover than it ever was. Way back when I was an SL/SL spec, with most points in the Demo tree, but putting enough into Afflic to get Siphon Life, for extra survivability. Also had many of the damage mitigation talents for my Felguard and such. Nowadays I just use my typical raiding spec, which works fine. Used to be able to solo Onyxia too, before she powerlevelled to 80 in one night.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Duke
    The class needs to be able to reduce incoming damage, and heal. They need to be tough enough so that they can out-heal the damage. So basically you're just left with prot paladins, blood dks, and feral druids.
    hurrdurr, try speccing a warrior for bloodthirst and put the rest of your talent points in tank talents, and you've got yourself a self healing solo machine. Personally I've done all but gehennas in molten core (cus of healing reduction curse :< ), kara up to opera (had big bad wolf and oz, not sure if it could handle romulo and julianne), Skeram and Saturna in AQ40, AQ20 all apart from the wasp and boro.. only sad part about a BT/prot warrior is your dps is shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, so you're limited to some extent by that...

I haven't done any soloing in almost a year now, but I was able too do MC, AQ20, few bosses in AQ40 as ret in t7.5gear.

http://www.youtube.com/ehkztasy

blood DK own soloing...

the hardest boss soloed by a DK so far as been sartharion, i know... a lvl 80 raid boss :P impressive... nerf DK's :S
    Waiting for SWTOR (Star wars: the old republic)

www.swtor.com

or... GW2... undecided

For old world, I prefer going UH just for better AoE and your DS still heals 15%.

Quote Originally Posted by Darshana
    True, realised that after I'd wrote it.

Feral Bear really any good? I can't find much videos on Druids soloing.
    Feral druids can solo anything through BC heroics extremely easily. A few BC raids, too, but anything after the first tier BC raids (with proper spec, gems, gear, et cetera) would be extremely difficult. The problem tends to be a lack of a real Oh-shit button, considering, as opposed to paladins, when they have to pop out and heal they generally eat shit and die.

Palas, warlocks, mages, hunters and druids i guess, not too sure on druids.

Deathknights are pretty great for soloing old world content, in my normal raid spec (sub-frost unholy) and mostly in tank gear I've done:

Onyxia (level 60 version)
    Every Boss in ZG
    Every Boss in MC except Ragnaros (easily doable)
    Every 5 man and 10 man in Vanilla
    Every Normal and Heroic in BC
    Every Boss in Kara (haven't done Big Bad Wolf and Romulo and Jullianne yet)

Everything is pretty easy, I do almost all of these in DPS gear now unless I really need help, Death Strike is just absolute money, all you really need to learn how to do is get tricky with Blood Tap, and use full consumables that are available to you (I use potions, flasks, food buff, no drums, etc).

Feral Druids in t9 or t10 can solo all bc heroics and most first tier raids easy. If you are a feral druid and you cant then you shouldn't be playing a feral druid.

Kara for example is a joke, I can solo it on my druid, easy money and badges! :3

BM hunters with 2 pieces of T5 should be able to a fair share of things as well.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.