Leveling DK, heirloom weapon or no?

So since you can't put the DK weapon enchants on heirlooms, I was just curious if it's better to just get the best weapons you find or is it still better to use the heirloom axe?
    Armory 7/7M 6/10M

Re: Leveling DK, heirloom weapon or no?

If you have the badges, go for it, but you may find upgrades while leveling

i wouldn't bother to much about the enchant. when your leveling your strength is very low, as far as i can remember at least. and any dps increase you would get from using a a normal weapon with enchant would prob be lost from the dps you gain when using a heirloom (since it usually has higher dps/topdmg than most weapon when leveling)

i could be wrong tho, haven't really checked into so don't take my word for granted. But that's at least what I believe.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravencrest&cn=Haesten

If you can afford it sure.

Buy the chest/shoulders first though cause it gives bonus XP.

well..you can surely get a good blue 2h every 5 levels or so..
    Honed Voidaxe from Ring of Blood at lvl 65
    Axe of Frozen Death from a lvl 68 quest in Borean Tundra
    De-Raged Waraxe from Amphiteather of Anguish at lvl 75

so if you don't have chest/shoulders you should buy them first imo, as the previous poster pointed.

Thanks, I guess I should've mentioned I have pretty much every heirloom item :\, so getting them isn't really an issue, I'll give axe a try I guess, I just figured the DK enchant would be possibly better, also to kinda go OT in my own thread.. lol, is there a "nice" tanking tree to go for while leveling? I was thinking about dungeoning to 80 since I'm sooo bored with questing, and currently I'm frost but I just wanted to check
    Armory 7/7M 6/10M

Ive been tanking blood spec, which also doubles as a good leveling spec, no stopping at all. Any of the three specs right now can tank, with frost being most effective AoE and blood being the best for single target threat, with OK AoE.

on topic of the axe, I use it, and it has been better than any quest reward/instance drop offered yet. I put crusader on it for what little boost I can get, and it works just fine.

I might give blood a try, thanks everyone
    Armory 7/7M 6/10M