Thread: Orc or Undead?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Orc or Undead?

so I'm gonna faction change to Horde and wondered what race I should go for? while I like undead more than orcs, orc got a nice racial that will improve my dps aswell, how much will it actually increase with it? Is it worth going orc just because of the racial?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Orc or Undead?

I suggest you make a lvl 1 char of the class you are, and try them both out. I did that when I changed my lock from BE to Undead. Turned out the female orc casting animation burns my eyes, so I went female undead instead.

Don't roll a race for the racials, they will get changed anyway and you'll spend alot of time looking at your race, not at your racial.
    Forget everything you know about everything.

Orc is the way to go if you are really determined to min/max your character for raiding.

I agree with Ashrana that undead animations are nicer but then again, im paying more attention to what's happening around me during raids than how the animations look like :.

Orc is DPS. For now.
    Sometimes you never realize the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.

Depending on spec Orc is a 50-160 DPS increase. If you're really serious about min-maxing it's worth it, but ultimately it's only a .5-1.6% increase if you're at ~10k DPS. Less if you're higher.

10+ Year Old Account

Undead! All warlocks should be undead! Plus... al out Tiers were/are designed on undeads. They look sooooo much better on them...
    If you're not in a Top10 guild 1%(100 out of 10k)DPS won't lose the game for you!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana
    Don't roll a race for the racials, they will get changed anyway and you'll spend alot of time looking at your race, not at your racial.
    Agreed. Enjoy the look of the character. You will probably up your dps just because the casting animation looks freaking awesome and you can't stop mashing those buttons;-)

go orc for dps if you care, if you want better looks go undead

Quote Originally Posted by worlddan
    My understanding is that deathwing will erupt from that pool and fly around squeaking, "Runescape! I was in Runescape! How do I get back to Runescape?!!"

15+ Year Old Account

Posters are correct here, if its about PvE which it seems its definetly orc
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Undead are nasty, definitely my least favorite race in the game.

Orcs are badass, though.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

15+ Year Old Account

Undead are nasty yea, <wrist> in pvp for us warlocks. They got a kickass male model too, it's skinny just as belfs but unlike belfs it looks good, really good
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Undead caster have the best animations in the game amirite?

Undead fo sho.

15+ Year Old Account

However, OP asked for dps not visuals :P

Quote Originally Posted by Exxypo
    so I'm gonna faction change to Horde and wondered what race I should go for? while I like undead more than orcs, orc got a nice racial that will improve my dps aswell, how much will it actually increase with it? Is it worth going orc just because of the racial?
    So early on in Naxx I got really envious of the orc racial so I lvled another lock up to lvl 80 the truth is though if you do the math the racial is really only worth about 1 extra spell power gem. Of course if you proc it during a bloodlust youll get a bit more benefit out of it. Wotf on the other hand can be really usefull if you come up against a boss with a fear (blood queen anyone) you can simply use the racial and not need to equip your pvp trinket for a massive dps loss. As far as pvp goes however they recently nerfed the hell out of wotf so it kinda shares a cd with your trinket and the extra burst in arena would be really handy. Personally I cant wait for goblins to see what their racials look like, but in the end undead are just the coolest.

Wasn't it just blueposted that undeads are getting a PvE racial bonus? In the developer chat or something? Just sayin'.

Anyways, I vote orc. Orc male. Check out the model viewer of orcs in T10. Don't you want that? Don't you pretty darn hard want that?
    10 char req. - because explaining is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana
    I suggest you make a lvl 1 char of the class you are, and try them both out. I did that when I changed my lock from BE to Undead. Turned out the female orc casting animation burns my eyes, so I went female undead instead.

pretty much this. Level them up a few levels and try them out.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zarghol
    Wasn't it just blueposted that undeads are getting a PvE racial bonus? In the developer chat or something? Just sayin'.
    ^this

Why haven't you considered Belf? The racial isnt bad and the casting animations aren't horrible, well at least Belf female isn't.

Really in my experience on a personal level most orc locks are people who bother to learn how to play all three specs and learn how the class works all over.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by SoarLock
    Why haven't you considered Belf? The racial isnt bad and the casting animations aren't horrible, well at least Belf female isn't.
    Perhaps because belfs look awful?