Thread: Orc or Undead?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Orc or Undead?

Go with undead.

You already said you like undead more, and I have to agree that male undead casting animations are the best in the game.

Racials are about to get a massive overhaul, so it's silly to base your character on them.

Go with undead purely becasue they look 3x better than orcs

If you care about looks... Undead Female > Orc Female > Undead Male > Tubgirl > Male Orc. They look bad. If you care about racials and don't want to look really ugly, go Orc Female. Very nice animations and Warlock gear fits well on them. The only non-look based argument for Undead is if you're 100% a PVP player and care about high end arena brackets more than anything else.

As far as racials changing? Who cares? That's 6 months or more away from happening. Unless you think of your character as an avatar in a game you should be picking your race based on what racials do, not how well your gear fits. You'll be spending the vast majority of your time looking at enemies, not your own rear end. If you are a social gamer and care about your character and not about your characters performance then pick whatever. You like Undead more? Go Undead.

Make an Orc female. Won't regret it. If you care about looks so much, you want to be unique right? Don't be undead.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7382676545570345084

Quote Originally Posted by anti-wow
    Undead caster have the best animations in the game amirite?

Undead fo sho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

if dps is your aim, wait till cata and fc a goblin
    www.myspace.com/curseofdoom

...Warlock Hip-Hop To Melt Wax and Face...

So... let's say you raid 8 hours a week and put in 4 hours of boss time per week. Yeah, you're only costing yourself about 35 million damage by waiting until Cataclysm. Sounds like a plan.

Funny part is you said Goblin. If racials are left as-is then Worgen has the better DPS racials.

Quote Originally Posted by anti-wow
    Undead caster have the best animations in the game amirite?

Undead fo sho.
    Classic WoW.

If you like having shoulder armor as big as a tauren but without being a tauren, go orc. If you like your gear looking like it's older than your corpse, make an undead.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Deleted

Orc. Because Undead stink, in every way possible

Go green or go home

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana
    Don't roll a race for the racials, they will get changed anyway and you'll spend alot of time looking at your race, not at your racial.
    i agree.

roll what u think looks better for your taste.

personally i cant stand male orc shoulderpads.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    So... let's say you raid 8 hours a week and put in 4 hours of boss time per week. Yeah, you're only costing yourself about 35 million damage by waiting until Cataclysm. Sounds like a plan.

Funny part is you said Goblin. If racials are left as-is then Worgen has the better DPS racials.
    more swings/ticks/casts > regular # of swings/ticks/casts doing 1% more damage.

especially with how haste is being re-worked concerning energy/focus/rune regen, hot/dot ticks, etc.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

No, even with the new changes a 1% increase in haste will not be a flat 1% increase in damage. At most levels of gear 1% haste is closer to a .75% increase in damage.

I personally like undead! but i made mine a belf just because my mage is already undead. go with what u like. as long as u enjoy it is what counts

well it all depends on the class.

If you're Demo then yes Orc might be worth it, but since they're changing racials(as stated for the millionth time) it's all a moot point.
    roll what ever race won't make your eyes bleed, me, I like my Orcs

Orc, they have better racials

Im having the same issue with race change, ill be doing it in cataclysm to see what racial's are better for warlock's, with all the racial's being changed, probs go Orc though.

Are Troll getting lock's, i thought i saw something about that?

Nope, the only new Warlock races are Worgen and Goblin.

Quote Originally Posted by SoarLock
    Why haven't you considered Belf? The racial isnt bad and the casting animations aren't horrible, well at least Belf female isn't.
    Ug, belfs ought to be alliance, they are far to pretty for the horde and their racial is lame for a ranged caster with lifetap (although I suppose it would be alright for demonology when you run in for aoe as the demon but this would probably be more for pvp and generally you want to keep your distance in pvp)