Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DW tanking as blood

Hey everyone. Our guild has its first ICC10 tonight, and I recently discovered our tank is dual weilding while specced as blood. Is that okay? I know very little about DKs. Suggestions?

Edit: He is specced into Nerves of cold steel, if that makes a difference, 51/11/9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tussi View Post
    I will eat an entire plate full of hats if there isn't a new raiding tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Re: DW tanking as blood

By all standards it is not OK. If he really really wants to do it, tell him it is severely gimping himself and since he is tanking going to affect the outcome of your raid hugely. (His survival will be fine, for the most part, but he won't hold a lot of aggro)

With the buff to Icy Touch's threat, it won't be the end of the world like it would've been before said buff.

However, if he is dual wielding, either as a tank or a DPS, he really ought to be frost. Out of curiosity, are the weapons tanking weapons or DPS weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by Athael

However, if he is dual wielding, either as a tank or a DPS, he really ought to be frost. Out of curiosity, are the weapons tanking weapons or DPS weapons?
    Tanking weapons.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Frost is the only viable build for Dual Wielding, if you're not frost then you're missing out on Key talent points for the build.

Whether you're a tank or Dps does not matter.

Deviating from the Frost tree as a dual wielder is wrong.

Duel wielding tank weapons is never ok, duel wielding tank weapon as blood is worthy of a gkick. Having such a key player knowing nothing about the class and spec they play is just not worth having.

DKs tank with DPS weapons end of discussion

10+ Year Old Account

Tell your guild leader to gkick his ass, any dk who dw's to tank in blood spec needs to be boiled alive in lava hot peanut oil
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Acdc1234
    Tanking weapons.
    A DK should never be using tank weapons. The gained defensive stats do not make up for the lost threat.

OR

Your Blood DK was experimenting in a live raid environment. Does he normally tank as DW Frost? He may be trying to learn the Blood rotation with his current gear, and gauging his threat loss. It's one thing to listen to a bunch of douchebags on a forum, and another to generate the numbers yourself.

I'd recommend asking him his intention first, judge second.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Acdc1234
    Hey everyone. Our guild has its first ICC10 tonight, and I recently discovered our tank is dual weilding while specced as blood. Is that okay? I know very little about DKs. Suggestions?

Edit: He is specced into Nerves of cold steel, if that makes a difference, 51/11/9
    No. There isnt really a need for explanation if you have some common sence (no offence).

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^

In addition, get a new Tank.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Urtho
    OR

Your Blood DK was experimenting in a live raid environment. Does he normally tank as DW Frost? He may be trying to learn the Blood rotation with his current gear, and gauging his threat loss. It's one thing to listen to a bunch of douchebags on a forum, and another to generate the numbers yourself.

I'd recommend asking him his intention first, judge second.
    Well he could always experiment in a lower tier raid,not in his gyild's first ICC run.
    @ OP: DW tanking as blood with tanking weapons is BAD.Tell him to visit a forum and read about his class.He may need some guidance after all.If he doesn't reconsider,give him the Booterang ^^

no DW tanking still sucks ass.

Thanks everybody, he's been kicked, asked him about it, all he responded with is "leave me alone I know my class".

Thanks for all the speedy replies, now we have some time to get a new tank

I would have felt a little guilty if he got kicked simply because he didn't know better but people who take advice and critasism with replys like that are really not the kind of people you want filling pivotal rolls with in your raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Athael
    A DK should never be using tank weapons. The gained defensive stats do not make up for the lost threat.
    And your source is? I DW tank with 2 Tank weapons on my DK, and i can tell you that the Threat buff to IT more than makes up for it (and now i find fighting for threat boring). I can idle at 11k TPS, and jump up to 16k TPS if i see people catching up.

Stop spamming IT, You're the reason we as to why cant have nice things.

Well sorry for being efficient, i didn't add that silly treat buff to it, i'm only using it.

10+ Year Old Account

You can tank with two fast weapons. But your damage will be gimp. You can go on all about how damage is irrelevant, and I'll tell you you're wrong. When fighting a tight enrage timer, damage does matter.

And the survival you gain from two tank weapons is pretty darn negligible. If you'd want that high survivability, you really should just go and roll blood. You'll have higher damage, and better survivability.

Using tank weapons as frost is just sacrificing everything frost is good for, for silly gains you could gain if you rolled blood.

use 2hander in blood, only duelwield in frost DW spec
    Quote Originally Posted by worlddan
    My understanding is that deathwing will erupt from that pool and fly around squeaking, "Runescape! I was in Runescape! How do I get back to Runescape?!!"