best spec for newly leveled 80?

I just got my warlock to 80 and am going through the motions of getting him badge gear / purpled out so I can start raiding icc with him. Which is the least gear dependent spec? Right now I'm playing as destro but if demo or afflic would be better choices considering my gear (mostly quest blues, some crafted 245 items and random lvl 200 epics from heroics) I'd be curious.

thank you!

Re: best spec for newly leveled 80?

I just hit 80 2 days ago and have been Demo and loving it. I think its the easiest to play. CoE, Corruption, Immolate, spam shadow bolts and wait for power auras to tell you to spam 3 Incinerates then wait for power auras to tell you when to spam soul fires. The spellpower buff is nice and meta + soul fire = sick. Here is my armory Im just using the cookie cutter specs with 1 or 2 talent changes I made for myself.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...era&cn=Tifania

prob demo

being good at affliction requires you to have tanked twin emps

Demo is by far the easiest rotation and the easiest to do well in 5 mans with. Afflic is the easiest to hit the theoretical top end DPS as, but it's somewhat hard to pick up initially. Destro is funny. It starts out being very easy to get into and you can put out decent DPS very easily. The problem is that it's a nuance build and going from average to good as Destro is extremely hard.

Start as Demo and then move to Destro with 4pT9. Once you start getting ICC gear consider switching to Affliction. I'd stay Destro until you have at least 700 haste and around 3k SP self buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by waddlez
    being good at affliction requires you to have tanked twin emps
    wait....what?

Topic: Demo is fine, Destro too. Try one of these. Go afflic when you feel that your gear is competative.
    â–²