[Ele] pvp in 2s infinitely harder to achieve 2k than 3s/5s?

Just my experience. Ive tried 2s with a mage and druid (resto/boom). and cant even get 1800. I have nearly full wrathful including shoulders/wep. All of my partners had atleast full relentless.

However, in 3s and 5s I'm just facerolling with any comp I want. My newest 3s team just went somthing like 35 wins before we lost and we were running disc/rogue/ele. Thats a pretty random comp Imo. Nevertheless we got 2k in one week.

It seems to me like we just need a healer AND somebody to hold the kill target in place for a while.

Maybe I'm not playing with the right partner but pretty much every team we play (regardless of comp) just sits on me and interupts every cast I try (or reflects) and I can literally do nothing. In 3s though I have dispells and peels, then I can actually cast and lolfaceroll.

I hear holy pally is a god 2s for an ele, anybody have any experience above 2k as ele that could help me out?

Re: [Ele] pvp in 2s infinitely harder to achieve 2k than 3s/5s?

Perhaps you are playing 2s wrong, yes. I dunno if you have heard of the abilities, earth bind and run away via ghost wolf. turn and lb, repeat about 9000 times, win! lawl...

Quote Originally Posted by Vortei
    Perhaps you are playing 2s wrong, yes. I dunno if you have heard of the abilities, earth bind and run away via ghost wolf. turn and lb, repeat about 9000 times, win! lawl...
    This is basicly all you need to know about ele in 2s. Free 2,2k at least if performed right.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

best 3s comp: UA ELE RDruid

earthbind root juts gets dispelled/freedomd. and then ghost wolf just gets purged. What do i do when that happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor
    This is basicly all you need to know about ele in 2s. Free 2,2k at least if performed right.
    Thats funny, considering you are 1900 in 2s.

No, ele shaman in 2s is just hard to play. Get locked down/snared/CCed/stuned too easily. Your best chance is to hero and blast them dead before they can get to you.

It has always been this way since TBC. Bad in 2s, ok in 3s, godly in 5s.

Quote Originally Posted by op3l
    No, ele shaman in 2s is just hard to play. Get locked down/snared/CCed/stuned too easily. Your best chance is to hero and blast them dead before they can get to you.

It has always been this way since TBC. Bad in 2s, ok in 3s, godly in 5s.
    I agree. What im really trying to figure out though is why we are bad(hard to master) in 2s? is it because we NEED those dispells on us and somebody to lock down our kill target at the sametime? If so, wouldnt that make a holy pally a great choice in 2s? HOJ + freedom/cleanse. Or even a protpally for that matter.

Deleted

This is probably a feeble attempt at getting 2s to become rated again. Subtle troll D:

2s is entirely comp dependent. Certain comps have no hope of beating other comps of equal skill, tis how it works. I have played a 2250 Ret/Ele team, and I went 2-1 against them. Only reason we lived through them is because of BoP, so I'd say that is a viable comp for just blowing things up. You're just going to have to find the right partner (try a disc priest perhaps, seems like it should be decent). Also, everyone loves to hurt ele shamans, so you'll have to get good at keeping/getting distance to avoid being shut down :-\

this is true.
    burst, kite, burst, kite, support from your partner, kill

There are two things you should know about arena:

1. There is no comp that is easy to get a good rating at.

2. The 'arena is skill' crowd is full of shit.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

I'd like to think that I'm not a bad player. Some of you are infering that maybe I dont know how to kite of cast lavaburst but infact I'm 2k in 3s and 5s. TBH I was just looking for some advice from a 2K+ RATED ELE SHAMAN IN THE 2v2 BRACKET.

Your rogue pal would propably be best, your resto druid partner , hmm sounds tedious.Only viable healer comp for ele have seen is disc priest so far.
    However i have seen far more double dps ele teams hit 2k than healer ones, like ele /destro, ele /ret.Ele/destro is your best.I'm considering it myself coz my afflock patner is getting tired of me being resto.Ive been approached a couple of times to go ele though, for a few locks on my server.We did have a ele sham and destro lock hit 2.4k on my server , but his lock was very good

feel free to ignore me though, only hit 1900 as resto

2k as Ele in either 3's or 5's is nothing to be proud of.