Thread: BG9 worth it?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

BG9 worth it?

Recently i got a friend from rl to start playing WoW. I've been thinking a lot lately about what the best server would be for us. My friend has played a bunch of other MMOs and is in no way a

noob. I expect him to pick up the game quickly. My friend and I have both decided to focus on pvp, so my question is, would rerolling to bg9 be worth it? We are going to be playing horde, so if

someone from bloodlust could give insight on how the battlegrounds are, that would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs
    it is died

Re: BG9 worth it?

We are going to be playing horde
    You have the racial advantage, you should almost always win in PVP (Pve aswell)

Alliance racials are > horde racials
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    Not if you're a tauren.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

Cataclysm = new racials

Indeed, the Cyclone BG right now is pretty much 50/50 win loss, a lot of afkers/botters lately

The alliance often get carried by many (and I really mean many) healers in the best pvp gear accompanied by one heavily geared dpser, horde only wins if the alliance aren't focussing on the BG's goal or are being outgeared.

edit, the catac new racials are invalid, we can't know which faction will have the best so we should focus on what is around now.
    Conquered and claimed the epic Chex thread and turned into a lolkitty and failpicture thread making it produce more then 10 pages every minute.

Deleted

if you are going for arena and are a 2k player expect 1800 rating on bg9 :P

Well, i play on BG9 (US-Bloodlust)

At the moment we are raping Eye of the storm 80% of the time.
    AB is a 50/50 due to people afking and zerging nodes/fighting in the middle of roads instead of near / at flags
    WSG is again 50/50 you may get lucky and have a few geared/skilled players to carry the game, most the time people just HK farm in mid
    ISLE 100% losing streak
    AV is 50/50 again, i been in as many losing games as i have in winning games
    SOTA we tend to win more than lose, but not by much.

Arena wise, I'm not a super high rating arena player but I have to say playing at 2300-2500 MMR is indeed competitive, maybe moreso if I manage to get higher.

Low MMR 1000-1900 is a complete joke.

I think the queues on BG9 are very long for Horde. If you're going to roll Horde on BG9 Bloodlust is a very populated server full of the best players in the US. It will be very laggy and unless you want to play arena at the very highest level I wouldn't recommend it. Blackrock is the best server on BG9 for Horde. If you're not near to the datacenter I wouldn't bother.

Deleted

I got a question too about the same thing: ( new post is useless iguess)

I recruited my friend yday, and we wanted to go on my homeserver Darkspear *i just got back from a 3 week break*
    Then i saw, everyone i knew on there went ally so i thought: other server...

my friend and me went on Sylvanas EU,

My question:

How is the battlegroup Rampage / Saccage for Allaince?
    And how is Sylvanas EU?

If some1 knows one of these please respond or so :-3

( we are going to focus on PVP too.. )

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Wizie
    Gnomes and humans are currently the best racials for all classes in PvP, right after that comes the Blood elf silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenkachii
    I got a question too about the same thing: ( new post is useless iguess)

I recruited my friend yday, and we wanted to go on my homeserver Darkspear *i just got back from a 3 week break*
    Then i saw, everyone i knew on there went ally so i thought: other server...

my friend and me went on Sylvanas EU,

My question:

How is the battlegroup Rampage / Saccage for Allaince?
    And how is Sylvanas EU?

If some1 knows one of these please respond or so :-3

( we are going to focus on PVP too.. )
    Pretty sure Alliance is pretty outnumbered on Rampage so I'd assume you'd have a lot shorter queue times.
    Also, if I remember correctly Rampage is the 3rd most competitive BG in EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizie
    Do you even play this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazeh
    if you are going for arena and are a 2k player expect 1800 rating on bg9 :P
    More like 2100-2200 actually. You really don't understand what you are talking about.

When I talk about belief, why do you always assume I'm talking about God ?

There will always be fail in this game, no matter where you play, you'll always run into some 1600-130 AB wins, and some 1600-0 EoTS loses.. The horde also dominate the battlegroup, so expect 5-12 minute wait times on BGs.

As far as the caliber of player goes? It's a double edged sword. BG9 are where a lot of the top-in-the-world players are. This brings attention enough where a lot of very good players want to come to BG9. On the opposite side, it brings a lot of wannabe scrubs over to BG9 as well. The only thing you can really say about the amount of PVPers on BG9 is that there are a lot of them.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Wakez
    Pretty sure Alliance is pretty outnumbered on Rampage so I'd assume you'd have a lot shorter queue times.
    Also, if I remember correctly Rampage is the 3rd most competitive BG in EU.
    oke ty :-)

If that were true, you'd have people faction transferring to Alliance, not the other way around. 1000000+ people transferring to Horde because "Their racials are better for Arena" and the "lazy" ones transferring for the "ez mode" racials and wins, thus increasing Horde BG queue times on almost every server and battlegroup can't be wrong..

The mass Alli to Horde faction transfers for Arena when Faction Champs came out shown that Horde racials overall are still better (and that includes the WOTF nerf). You also got the "lazy" faction transfers moving over for the "ez bg wins" too.

In spite of that, the only thing the Alliance races has going for them atm the Human racial can arguably being one of the best racials in Arena atm (Perception is only useful for Rogues, and even now it's nothing to the pre-nerf version of Perception)

Stoneform was nerfed in uselessness, Shadowmeld is only situational (and was also slightly (deservedly) nerfed so druids can't get a free drink), and EA is a scaled down/worse version of the nerfed WOTF, and iirc had a chance to fail too.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDKPriest
    If that were true, you'd have people faction transferring to Alliance, not the other way around.

1000000+ people transferring to Horde because "Their racials are better for Arena" and the "lazy" ones transferring for the "ez mode" racials and wins, thus increasing Horde BG queue times on almost every server and battlegroup can't be wrong..
    Yes, and that's why they nerfed WotF. 2x solace for a healer or 2x reign of the dead for a caster was gamebreaking, humans have the advantage that they can get offensive stats wihout having to resort to a itemlevel 213 trinket.

Don't come to BG9 we hate you

???

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

I have been playing in BG9 for the last few years....as ally.

To be completely honest it is MUCH better now than before. Reason being is that marks are not necessary to buy gear with...imagine if you will...

Merciless 2h'er required 40 AV marks in a BG that your faction won every other Solar Eclipse...it was horrible. Took me 2 weeks of grinding AV losses to get 40 marks...and that was just one piece of gear.

Without the "need" to win it's kind of even. Que times on ally side are literally 10-15 seconds at peak 30-45 at off peak time. So you get faster que's for sure.

To compensate the faster que's we usually lose...which now gives a diminished value of bonus honor anyway so we got that going for us.

Along with the bonus for losing...we also lose a lot...which helps que times and getting 2k for a loss isn't bad compared to 4k for a win that might take twice as long.

Breakdown by BG in my experience...

WSG: It is 50/50 as posted earlier...we CAN win but there are times when you get a bad comp from the randoms...(i.e. Horde gets 4 healers and ally gets 1).

AB: People say it is 50/50 but let me tell you...those 50% the ally win are games that look like 1600-1540 and the horde wins are 1600-340. 30 min AB wins are the norm...5 min AB losses are as well though lol.

AV: Eh it happens...sometimes we can zerg and get it done...other times the horde drops back and ally can't seem to do the same and we lose...either way if people are capping towers/Galv you get a decent amount of honor win or lose.

EotS: The horde is going to zerg...and they are going to win. 15-20% win ratio for ally...it's that bad. I've had friends tell me they still have not won an EotS after playing for 3-4 months in PvP.

SoA: This is a special BG in that it really is only 1 round...sure there are 2 rounds...but in all honesty a loss is better than a tie in terms of honor gain...so if you attack and fail...take a loss. If you defend and fail take a loss. If you start out doing either successfully you have a good chance at winning...if the Horde plays along. In my experience we win maybe 30-40% of our matches...but much like AB its a 25min win or a 10 min loss.

Isle: I disagree with the above poster...I believe he was horde but may be wrong...I have been in 1 winning Isle in the past month. Ally goes for hangar...horde goes for workshop...we get in base and run bombs...they get seiges and smash gates...difference being...much like AV...they drop back and clear us out of CY and we can't figure out how to kill a seige engine.

Other than the BG's in general there is one other thing...

THE HORDE WILL OUTGEAR YOU. Period. End of Story.

Not just you either...your entire team. 90% of the time the ally win it is because of either Horde giving up (SoA) or bad comps (WSG). But almost 100% of the time Horde players average 3-4k more hp's and lead in both dmg and healing. This comes from the much higher number of wins which grant more honor...if Ally could trade fast que's for more wins I am sure they would...sometimes it takes 5-6 BG's to get the daily winning bonus.