Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Your suggestions/wishes for shaman come Cata?

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    Priests want Angel Form, Warlocks want Meta as flight form, Mages floating/flying in the air with spells, Paladin wings already seen etc. etc. No, it's not epic. :/
    I think the reason why this is mentioned for shaman in particular, is because like druids we (shaman) also have a travel form, a.k.a ghost wolf. I know druids are the masters of shape shifting blah blah blah, but why not? It makes sense to me for a shaman to turn into a flying ghost bird if he can turn into a ghost wolf. Besides, wouldn't you want to dispel a poor shaman mid flight? I really don't see anything wrong with it, other classes don't have speed boosts that are like travel forms.

Other changes that would be cool:
    -Water and Lightning Shield get infinite charges(or maybe 10) so you wouldn't have to press them every 20 secs

-Ghost wolf Instant cast baseline; don't see any point in investing talent points for this, an outdated talent imo

Stoneclaw Fissure: The next ranged or melee attack used against the shaman will stun the attacker for x seconds. (3-5 secs likely). An on use ability, last 10 secs or until the effect is consumed. 1 minute CD.

I think the reason why this is mentioned for shaman in particular, is because like druids we (shaman) also have a travel form, a.k.a ghost wolf. I know druids are the masters of shape shifting blah blah blah, but why not? It makes sense to me for a shaman to turn into a flying ghost bird if he can turn into a ghost wolf. Besides, wouldn't you want to dispel a poor shaman mid flight? Cheesy I really don't see anything wrong with it, other classes don't have speed boosts that are like travel forms.
    Definitely where i was heading, theres no reason through lore where shaman couldnt command the Elements to grant us flight. although thinking about it now riding a wind elemental would sound funny XD

What I'm extremely hopeful for is them making earth shield base line, moving riptide up to it's position in the tree and then making spirit link the 51 point talent. It'll depend upon how they redesign spirit link though and how powerful it'll be compared to other similar talented abilites, because they could very well make spirit link baseline. But I think this would be an excellent method as it would give all shaman earth shield and with it a slight survivability upgrade.

Deleted

Some useful totems, or remove the cumbersome concept from the game.

Since most of our totems are currently available in other classes are require less effort to use more effectively.

I think totems should be powerfuller over a 20/30yd radius making their placement a bit more interesting, or offer an array of unique mini buffs (poison cleansing, lol!)

Anyways, as much as the changes looks nice for effectiveness of numbers, Cata is removing the feeling from shamans.

I don't like the idea of having all the special abilities turned into baseline abilities, and highly doubt it would change anything. I.E. Enh can already cast flame shock+Lava burst but don't.

About sharing the 41 and 51pt abilities. Remotely balanced it would make them nigh-useless(Also read bit above about how much enh uses lava burst.)

- Give ele shammies either our own shield, or give the ability to consume water/lightning shield orbs on attacks.

I like the idea of totem health scaling with your own:

As for what to do about them(Considering they just made new models for them):
    - drop the mana cost when the one you're casting is already out and you're still within range of it. Could save a lot of mana on movement heavy fights and would help mobility a ton.

- Make totems currently in-range teleport and orbit you as untargetable spirits at ~5-8m for the duration of Spiritwalker, then re-root where you are when it drops off.

- Since we're losing cleansing totem, give us a cleansing version of grounding totem.

Remove thunderstorm and add a useful 51 point talent. Also, redistribute elemental damage with a more meaningful rotation. Make fire dps totems smarter and less buggier. Another idea would be to make Fire Elemental act like Frost Elemental, so it would be useful on high movement encounters.
    Armory available upon request, but here is a small preview:
    It is better than yours.

15+ Year Old Account

Blizzard kinda stole all of my ideas with the preview, but Shamans only got one of them, Spiritwalker's. i wanted Spiritwalker's Grace to be more exclusive to enhancement to solve their gap closing issue and instead of moving while casting, it just made all of your attacks ranged for a short duration. (i had this idea before enhance got all the newer changes). but the proposed SWG seems like it will help elemental with it's "dealing damage on the move" problem in PVE and PVP, if implemented properly.

i wanted ele to get ball lightning and my idea was exactly like the flame orb they're giving fire mages, except ball lightning would have a cast time and be a good option against a single target.

also, i wanted shamans to get the LoS mechanic; i was thinking totem pole, something that solved the GCD problem of totems but also served as a defense in PVP by being able to get out of LoS without moving, basically, but of course they gave that to rogues. (this idea was also inspired before they implemented the 4-totem drop at once UI)

my new ideas (ill keep them elemental, since thats what i play primarily):

rework Lava Flows so that if any of your spells or totems are destroyed/dispelled, you gain the haste benefit.

i'd also like to see a talent that makes your chain lightning casts instant when you drop below a certain % of hp or after you take a critical, a baby backlash basically.

rework astral shift to cause your lightning shield charges to reflect the stun, silence or fear back onto the target or possibly through another talent.

implement a targeting system for searing totem and a talent that rewards you if you stay within range of searing totem for a duration, either duplicating the totem until it's destroyed, re-applied or reaches the maximum number of duplicates, which should be 5 max or by making the totem exponentially stronger, but duration shorter.

Would be interesting if Windwall totem could do a similar effect to the rogue's new skill, Smokebomb.

10+ Year Old Account

My hopes are for us to provide a new take on raid buffs instead of being replaced by 1 class with better buffs.
    My wishes are for blizzard to see that Gnome's would be 100x better than Dwarves, for the new race, gnomes = $$$.

All I want is a charge.

Basically shaman targets an enemy, turns into a bolt of energy and "blinks" next to the target, re-materializing and dealing x nature damage (lightning). Just to give Enh a closer, as well as something that fits shaman, and would look damn cool. Give it like a 20-30 second CD.

Quote Originally Posted by allforone
    I don't like the idea of having all the special abilities turned into baseline abilities, and highly doubt it would change anything. I.E. Enh can already cast flame shock+Lava burst but don't.
    doesn´t make much sense to me. the only reason enhance does not use lvb is because it doesn´t work with maelstrom. we wouldn´t use lightning bolt/chain lightning either if it weren´t for msw.
    and where´s the connection between lvb, a baseline damage ability, and survivability/utility talents?

About sharing the 41 and 51pt abilities. Remotely balanced it would make them nigh-useless(Also read bit above about how much enh uses lava burst.)
    earth shield: base line, you cant cast it on others, and it heals for slightly less. maybe a little higher mana cost, that´s all ( still useful if you ask me ). resto will get imp earthshield, to get it to what it does now, maybe even a little better.

riptide: let it scale half through spirit(as resto), intellect(as elemental) or agi ( as enh )( the highest stat is chosen ). each spec will let it scale differenct, with enhance getting the lowest amount out of it right after elemental, with resto bneing a little ahead of the other two.

thunderstorm: enh/resto do a little less damage, effect remains the same.

feral spirit: baseline they´ll do a little less damage/heal but otherwise they stay the same.
    enhancement gets improved feral spirits, for possibly longer duration and/or shorter cooldown, maybe more life, damage/heal, shorter spirit walk/taunt/bash cooldowns, or longer durations of those...( obviously not all of these )

shamanistic rage: only damage reduction baseline, enhancement could do more damage through the duration, comparable to t10 2pc. ( mana regeneration will be handled through the shocks => mana talent )

- Give ele shammies either our own shield, or give the ability to consume water/lightning shield orbs on attacks.
    that doesn´t sound to bad. sounds like a improved version of enhancements static shock.
    blizzard could switch static shock into improved shields ( thanks 4 the idea )

new improved shields: increases the effectiveness of your shield orbs by 15%, and gives your water shield and lightning shield a 4% chance to proc from melee abilities, and a 10% chance to proc from spells.

As for what to do about them(Considering they just made new models for them):
    - drop the mana cost when the one you're casting is already out and you're still within range of it. Could save a lot of mana on movement heavy fights and would help mobility a ton.
    although my suggestion of making our pve-buff totems into spells would get rid of them as totems ( very boring ones ), it would give us a ton. increased range would be included and the mana saving would be included as well it´s also a much more easier to implement solution.

- Make totems currently in-range teleport and orbit you as untargetable spirits at ~5-8m for the duration of Spiritwalker, then re-root where you are when it drops off.
    would require a huge bunch of programming effort, just to help us for a 10 second duration every 2 minutes. simply reusing your totem-preset after a few seconds does the trick as well.
    - Since we're losing cleansing totem, give us a cleansing version of grounding totem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

From Bluepost:
    "Spiritwalker's Grace (level 85): When this self-targeted buff is active, your spells are no longer interrupted by movement and possibly even by your own attacks. This will give shaman of all three specs another way to heal or do damage when it’s necessary to move in both PvE and PvP. Instant cast. 10-second duration. 2-minute cooldown."

Tbh i think this will be very funny ^^ running around while casting Lava Bursts and at the same time casting chain lightning due to the "possibly even by your own attacks"

Quote Originally Posted by Rasengu
    Tbh i think this will be very funny ^^ running around while casting Lava Bursts and at the same time casting chain lightning due to the "possibly even by your own attacks"
    attack = melee, spells => casts

i think it´s more of a enhancement thingy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbrain
    I think the reason why this is mentioned for shaman in particular, is because like druids we (shaman) also have a travel form, a.k.a ghost wolf. I know druids are the masters of shape shifting blah blah blah, but why not? It makes sense to me for a shaman to turn into a flying ghost bird if he can turn into a ghost wolf. Besides, wouldn't you want to dispel a poor shaman mid flight? I really don't see anything wrong with it, other classes don't have speed boosts that are like travel forms.

Other changes that would be cool:
    -Water and Lightning Shield get infinite charges(or maybe 10) so you wouldn't have to press them every 20 secs

-Ghost wolf Instant cast baseline; don't see any point in investing talent points for this, an outdated talent imo
    Just because it makes sense doesn't mean it should be added. I see the awesomeness in it, but I can imagine that many other classes would whine. And again why does the Shaman class deserve it more than any other classes? :/

[blizzquote="Nethaera;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/24038611737/cataclysm-class-preview-shaman/]Spiritwalker's Grace (level 85): When this self-targeted buff is active, your spells are no longer interrupted by movement and possibly even by your own attacks. This will give shaman of all three specs another way to heal or do damage [b]and your totems will follow you[/b], when it’s necessary to move in both PvE and PvP. Instant cast. 10-second duration. 2-minute cooldown. [/blizzquote"]

Fixed!
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura
    [blizzquote="Nethaera;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/24038611737/cataclysm-class-preview-shaman/]Spiritwalker's Grace (level 85): When this self-targeted buff is active, your spells are no longer interrupted by movement and possibly even by your own attacks. This will give shaman of all three specs another way to heal or do damage [b]and your totems will follow you[/b], when it’s necessary to move in both PvE and PvP. Instant cast. 10-second duration. 2-minute cooldown. [/blizzquote"]
    I support this, and I've already made the cool totem animation during the buff.

Tbh I would expect it to be like a whispy cloud effect around your feet which you stand on and it's just big enough for the totems to fit on
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    Just because it makes sense doesn't mean it should be added. I see the awesomeness in it, but I can imagine that many other classes would whine. And again why does the Shaman class deserve it more than any other classes? :/
    I see your point, I pretty much mentioned it because shaman and druids have travel form. Whateves though.

Basically shaman targets an enemy, turns into a bolt of energy and "blinks" next to the target, re-materializing and dealing x nature damage (lightning). Just to give Enh a closer, as well as something that fits shaman, and would look damn cool. Give it like a 20-30 second CD.
    I like this idea... Kinda like Storm Spirit in Dota's Ultimate, acts a little like the Heroic Leap Suggestion in the Warriors page though :S
    i could see this to be like a point to point type cast like activate then click where you want to go with a limit of maybe min 8 and max 20-30 yards.