Rotface HM, Ooze and Mirror Images

I've been killing rotface for 3 months and never had this problem before. But we were doing HM today and another mage popped mirror images 10 sec after the pull during heroism and he happened to get an infection right after MI. The ooze wouldn't stick to him and wandered around pretty much wiping the raid. Did any of the mages here have similar problems before?

So, what should we do? Don't pop MI at all during Rotface? We are told by RL not to pop MI until like Rotface have 25% health left. Are there any other solutions to this? Thanks.

Re: Rotface HM, Ooze and Mirror Images

take it to melee so it spawns a big ooze. let your kiter get an MD on it, then it will spawn into the next ooze he is kiting

pretty simple..

Deleted

Look at who the ooze is targeting after the mage spawns it. Call out for them to move away to the side if they aren't already there. The ooze will nearly always go for one of the healers, so there's nothing special you need to do. The person who it aggros on just needs to be told, so they can kite instead of the mage.

Deleted

They never attack me if I get the infection when I have MI popped, same on normal and heroic.

This happens a lot in our runs. Bloodlust off the bat, mages pop MI and go to town and the disease spawns a little ooze on one of the mages and it runs away. It's because MI acts like a fade, if your raid wipes to the first little ooze spawn though the issue is no longer your mages... but I digress, have the person targetted by the little ooze run out of the group to make a big one.

Ehhh, not to be rude, but if you're raid is wiping to a single stray ooze, you may have bigger problems.
    We have a Mage in our 10m heroic modes, never seen this particular problem, but if there is ever a stray ooze, just simply have the person who its hitting on go to the other kited oozes.

btw, how are you guys doing when doing rotface HM and the MT gets infected as nr 3 or 4 on a Ooze? do you move fester to the ooze tank or are you letting the oozetank kite the big ooze past the MT?
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob7
    your macro.....***ness

your inability to just shut up and drink instead of telling us you're gonna drink then 5 seconds later drinking, is also ***ness"....."
    it's as annoying as the tank who asks READY? after every trash pull.

Just as annoying as these threads? AmIright?
    ~Bahumut5

Quote Originally Posted by Kilari
    btw, how are you guys doing when doing rotface HM and the MT gets infected as nr 3 or 4 on a Ooze? do you move fester to the ooze tank or are you letting the oozetank kite the big ooze past the MT?
    MT doesnt get targetted.. or he isnt doing enough threat. he should not be targetted at least.

Happend to me also..
    Now if i get infected when MI are up , i try to warn the kiter to put some tps on it so it sticks 2 him
    Works fine

Deleted

simply when its the first ooze: let the 2th ooze form a bigger one at him. when its the second ooze, let the first one walk to him, when its an other #ooze look who it is attacking and tell them to download DBM.

15+ Year Old Account

slightly curious as how everyone is doing hardmode stacked in a group. unless they took out a mechanic since tuesday, putricide still throws vomit gas on people through out the fight.
    BfA Beta Time

Happens all the time. As people above have said, just get the person it targets to move to the OT. If that fails then just let it bounce around till MI has run its duration. Shouldn't be too much of an issue considering the other raids members should be moving out to the OT anyway so shouldn't spawn another big ooze.
    Quote:
    When have I eva been able to reach a mage? He just freeze me, blink, freeze himself, make big dragonhead and confuse me, blink etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    slightly curious as how everyone is doing hardmode stacked in a group. unless they took out a mechanic since tuesday, putricide still throws vomit gas on people through out the fight.
    The mechanic works just like things like putricide's malleable goo. If there's X number of people at ranged (3 on ten, 7? on 25) he will only target people at ranged. Just have 3 to 4 ranged spread around the room and run away from oozes and slime floods.

The small oozes are snarable.

If you get the infection on you while you have images up, drop it in front of the big ooze and nova it in the path the large ooze will be travelling over.

Works for me every time

If you get Ooze with Mirror Image out, they are affected by threat, tell your kiter to taunt.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Skyl
    The mechanic works just like things like putricide's malleable goo. If there's X number of people at ranged (3 on ten, 7? on 25) he will only target people at ranged. Just have 3 to 4 ranged spread around the room and run away from oozes and slime floods.
    it was sarcasm, since i've yet to meet a raid that would put healers outside and let mages stand inside.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Macanam
    The small oozes are snarable.

If you get the infection on you while you have images up, drop it in front of the big ooze and nova it in the path the large ooze will be travelling over.

Works for me every time
    I doubt that's doable on HM, since you would have to either be in the spot where the big ooze will be in 5 sec at max, or just be one blink away from it, since you need to dispell the infection ASAP on HM.

Quote Originally Posted by XaCez
    If you get Ooze with Mirror Image out, they are affected by threat, tell your kiter to taunt.
    You can't taunt the small oozes.

[quote=Crysthalica]
    I doubt that's doable on HM, since you would have to either be in the spot where the big ooze will be in 5 sec at max, or just be one b]

Perhaps. I currently have no experience on the hard mode for this encounter, so my suggestion was just using my normal mode knowledge

It actually seems to be that the small oozes aren't really "glued" to the spawner anymore since quite a while. I see them running off all the time, can't all be from mages with MI.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirual
    It actually seems to be that the small oozes aren't really "glued" to the spawner anymore since quite a while. I see them running off all the time, can't all be from mages with MI.
    I haven't payed much attention to it since plague wing was released, but yeah. Oozes used to (and maybe still do) run away from their spawner to a random person, and then they would run back and "latch on" to the spawner again in maybe 10 seconds.

Anyway, mirror images at the start of a fight can't possibly fuck anything up, because there's what, two small oozes up? Who cares if they're running around. Your second MI might make a difference, but I never noticed a problem.