[HELP] I need a new computer 1.000$

Hey
    Im thinking about buying a computer, right now my budget is 900$ to 1100$.
    I think im going to buy it from a website called fcomputer.dk.
    Its a site where you can order a computer with the parts you choose and then they will build it for you.
    The reason why i would like them to build it for me is that im no computer genius .
    I need you to help me with some questions that i got.

What i have been looking on:

CPU: Intel Core i5-750 2.66GHz 8MB S-1156
    MAINBOARD: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz 1.Part (2x2GB)
    RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz 1.Part (2x2GB)
    Grapics Card: 1024MB ASUS GTS250 DDR3 PCI-E
    HARD DISK: 500GB Western Digital 7200rpm 16MB SATA2
    CASE: NZXT HUSH Silent White w/o PSU
    PSU: 650W Energon EPS-650 120mm
    CPU Cooler: Standard Intel Cooler
    DVD Drive: 48x16x Lite-On DVD Black SATA
    Sound Card: 7.1 CH
    Net Card: 10/100/1000Mbit
    Ports: 8xUSB Ports & 2x Firewire 400
    Actually i dont know what this is ;D: 6x SATA 300 RAID & 1x eSATA

I got some questions...

Can that Gfx card show 1920x1080p?
    Can i get decent fps(+30) in icc with medium settings?
    Is there some kind of bottleneck in my system.
    Is this setup good for wow?
    Is there some Overkills?
    Do you got any suggestions for me?

Link to the system: http://www.fcomputer.dk/?show=system_show&sysid=3068

I am Priest - Play Free Online Games

15+ Year Old Account

Re: [HELP] I need a new computer 1.000$

The GPU is weak in comparison to the rest. I'd suggest looking more toward a Radeon 5770.

As a comparison, in ICC25 I get 55-60fps during combat at 1920x1080 with 8x multisampling enabled. I'm using a 5770, i5 750 overclocked to 3.8GHz, with 4GB RAM.

Also, do you plan to overclock at all? If so, I'd replace the 1333MHz RAM with 1600MHz RAM, as they give you a bit more room to fiddle with base clock and multipliers.

Do i need a cabinet cooler?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by jakobboegsted
    Do i need a cabinet cooler?
    Depends what you mean by cabinet cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    Depends what you mean by cabinet cooler.
    On the page it says cabitnet cooler not included CPU cooler = Standard Intel

If you're living in Denmark (cold weather?), and not planning to overclock, I don't think you'd need any extra cooling for your PC, the stock cooling should be enough. I don't have any experience with i5s, but I don't think they 'need' extra cooling.
    As for the graphics card, I agree with Cilraaz on this one, save a bit and go for a HD 5770, or even a HD 5850 if you can. You'll thank us later.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by jakobboegsted
    On the page it says cabitnet cooler not included CPU cooler = Standard Intel
    Well, if by cabinet cooler they just mean case fan, then you probably should have one or two. If they mean an actual cooling unit (like refrigeration), then that is probably overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder
    I don't have any experience with i5s, but I don't think they 'need' extra cooling.
    At stock speeds, they don't need anything more than the stock cooler (even though that thing's a pile of garbage). I almost consider i5's and i7's underclocked from the factory just based on how easily (and how far) they overclock with no voltage adjustments.

Deleted

What's the difference between a HD 5770/5850 and a GF 295? :P

A GF295 costs 429€ in Germany at a local PC store, and I'm looking for an alternative when I build a new PC this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi

A GF295 costs 429€ in Germany at a local PC store, and I'm looking for an alternative when I build a new PC this summer.
    Damn that's expensive... A GTX 295 is basically a pair of GTX 260s combined as one graphics card. I would recommend picking up an ATI 5870 or possibly the 5970 if it is available and in your price range which it probably won't be.

I would go with a 5770 or possibly 5850, nothing higher than that. A 5770 is plenty for WoW. WoW is not very GPU dependent, it is a lot more CPU dependent. With that said, you should really look into overclocking the CPU that you plan on getting because the results you could get are definitely worth it and they are noticeable.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi

The GF GTX 295 is a very powerful card in terms of raw power, but why buy something that is already a generation old? No DX11 support too.
    I recently purchased a HD 5870 and I have to say barring some minor transition issues (had a GTX 260 Core 216 before) regarding drivers/PhysX, I am very pleased with the performance of this card. It is very powerful and if you are playing modern games @ 1080p resolution (Like me ), it should cover your gaming needs for at least a year from now, if not longer.

P.S: If your only use of a graphics card is playing WoW, then a HD5870 would be an overkill, like Epsi said. A 5770 should be more than enough for playing WoW now, and in cata too I imagine.