Thread: Fire Rotation?

Deleted

Fire Rotation?

Hey all fellow mages.
    Please don't flame or make this thread into a major cluster fuck of ridiculous posts.

First I've played mage since somewhere early TBC, just played frost and PVP. Started to raid a bit more as mage and Arcane cause that was the most viable spec.

So all and all, I've never played Fire. Until patch 3.3.3 hit the streets of Azeroth and gave mages a reason to spec fire.

Looked at forums and stuff for rotations etc.

My rotation, single target: Imp Scorch-->LB-->FB--> to procc then HS
    Keeping LB up 100% of the time
    Fire Blast when moving.

2nd: AoE packs (Icc), to you put LB on multiple targets (as many as possible)--> flamestrike, and then Blizzard?
    Or just a couple of LB and then Blizzard the shit out of them?

Cant get the dps im looking for..

Any handy tips for a fellow mage?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Fire Rotation?

On an AoE pull, i don't really bother with throwing up LB on all or even most of the targets. i just alternate FS and Bliz.
    As for the other, i usually Scorch twice, almost always get a HS proc, then LB and spam FB while keeping up Scorch, LB and popping my HS procs.
    What kind a dps are you getting vs. what kind are you looking for?
    What kind of crit/haste/sp are you working with?

Actually Fire mages shouldnt be using blizzard imo. Put LB on as many targets as you can and then spam ranks 8 and 9 of FS. The idea is to get ignite on all the targets. Between spamming the 2 ranks of FS and LB going off on all the targets you will see much higher dps on trash then using blizzard. Plus if your crit is high enough all those LB and FS crits will save more on mana than spamming blizzard over and over. And yea if you dont have a warlock in the raid adding the 5% crit buff then your single target rotation should be Scorch > LB > FB till Hot Streak > PB

Deleted

Me: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...polona&group=2
    (know that Student of Mind 3/3, might not be the best placing of TP, but didnt know any better place to put them)
    And i have Abracadaver (251) to reach the hit cap when playing fire.

My dps as Arcane is about 8,5-9k when i dont have to alternate targets too much or move. (Saurfang)
    And about 7 on more move demanding fights. And this is the number I want to raise.

Thanks for the tip about double Scorch, ill try it out.
    I wasnt that far off in my rotation then.

thanks for the help!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by nerfproof
    Actually Fire mages shouldnt be using blizzard imo. Put LB on as many targets as you can and then spam ranks 8 and 9 of FS. The idea is to get ignite on all the targets. Between spamming the 2 ranks of FS and LB going off on all the targets you will see much higher dps on trash then using blizzard. Plus if your crit is high enough all those LB and FS crits will save more on mana than spamming blizzard over and over. And yea if you dont have a warlock in the raid adding the 5% crit buff then your single target rotation should be Scorch > LB > FB till Hot Streak > PB
    Tyvm for your input!

The problem with Fire is how RNG it can be. I'm sure you are well aware of this, but if your crit rating is pretty low, your damage most likely will be too.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrra2012
    The problem with Fire is how RNG it can be. I'm sure you are well aware of this, but if your crit rating is pretty low, your damage most likely will be too.

Very true. Fire can do more dps than arcane easily, while having no mana issues, if the mage has roughly 43% + self buffed. Crit is your best friend as fire.

Roughly enough if you have the gear for Fire your rotation won't be the biggest issue, but using your cooldowns in a timely manner will be.

As far as a starting rotation on the boss I always used LB -> Scorch -> FB -> HS Proc.

The main reason to start with the Living bomb is so it has already tick'd at least once by the time your scorch is cast, and if you have a Afflic Lock or DP lock in the Raid you don't have to worry with Scorch at all.

Also, Crit, Crit, and MOAR CRIT. You can never have enough of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eolg
    Also, Crit, Crit, and MOAR CRIT. You can never have enough of it.
    The crit cap would like a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots
    The crit cap would like a word with you.
    You must be a rogue who is lost!