Tournment realm question.

I've heard a lot of rumors about the tourney realm starting up soon, with the long wait till cata and all.

anyways, I dont want to speculate about whether it will go live or not.

My question is, to play on the tourney realm do you need to have an active wow account? I recently canceled my subscription due to boredom with this shit game, but if the tourney realms starts I would love to play. So basically do you need an active account, or you just pay the access fee and profit?
    ALL DAY SON ALLLLLLLLLLLLL DAY.

Re: Tournment realm question.

Pretty sure you need an active account, as you need to log in normally with your regular info to select the Tournament Realm, and there is no separate client like the PTR. You possibly need a WoW account active from a certain date, similarly to the PTR, but I'm not 100% positive about either.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbot
    CLEARLY this is blizzard ONCE AGAIN catering to casuals. Us hardcore have no problem with taking an extra 8 seconds to cast a basic camp fire. That's how it's been for years. This game just gets easier and easier, Blizzard may as well just hand out free camp fires all over the major cities at this point!