Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Feral tank, t10 and problems with hit.

Quote Originally Posted by hoot80
    If you are only shooting for the dodge cap you are still losing out on a ton of threat/dps gain. This may be ok for tanking ICC 10 with a casual guild, but you want 40+ expertise if you are trying to clear 25 man or going into heroic 10 and heroic 25.
    once you hit expertise soft cap, expertise becomes as much threat as hit and since hit is only important so you don't miss a taunt. if you have extra, great! but it's not something to go out of your way for

Your priorty would be to get a weapon with hit on it, like the shaft of glacial ice.

Other to that, eat + 40 Hit food.

I'm in exactly the same boat as you atm, with similar gear. But theres no way i'm forking out around 15k gold for one piece of gear. Its just not worth it, regardless of what people say. Providing you can hover around the 200 ish point, the attacks you miss are few and far between. And i'd advise you glyph for growl, or at least carry them with you for certain bosses.

Some critique, even though you didnt ask for it

- you should put a 10 Agil + 15 Stam gem in your head piece. 18 Agil + 15 Stam is much better than just 30 Stam
    - You should use 20 Agil enchant on your gloves, your well above the expertise soft cap and your far from the hard cap. Other to that, + 18 stam will survice, but i doubt you'll need anymore stamina than you've got already
    - Ditch the parry neck as soon as a half decent replacement comes along. I'd suggest the one that falls from ToC 10 HC - Jax.
    - Consider spending your next badges on your belt, its a massive upgrade to what you have at the minute and will be the best upgrade you can make, after that go for the cloak

One quick solution for all of your hit worries would be to just craft the LW Ilvl 245 Chest and Wrists. The chest is probably an upgrade in terms of stats, to the one you have atm. The wrists are abit of a downgrade, but you will gain alot of hit

and Gz on the ribbon

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro
    You do not need to be Expertise hard caps. Hit cap is needed for threat.

once you are at 26 Expertise then you are good enough. There is not alot of parry bosses in ICC.

There are not a lot of bosses that parry haste, they still parry. So expertise above 26 is almost exactly the same threat as hit. Do not blindly gear for hit when there are options with more expertise. Just a note hit cap for melee does not hitcap growl. Growl is on the spell hit table so it needs 17% total, with a glyph of growl that is roughly 230ish. (if you have a boomkin or spriest in the raid it drops further) To cap hit for taunts without a glyph then you need way more.

Quote Originally Posted by littlepiggy
    once you hit expertise soft cap, expertise becomes as much threat as hit and since hit is only important so you don't miss a taunt. if you have extra, great! but it's not something to go out of your way for
    This is really poor logic. Expertise is useless after soft cap because the only reason to get hit is for taunts is patently ridiculous. Hit and expertise are our two best TPS stats. In rough terms before exp soft cap 1exp=2hit. After softcap they are almost equal. Once they are both hardcapped then arpen becomes our best threat stat. There are ways of getting hitcapped in ICC but generally you lose a lot of other stats to do it. In heroics a missed taunt can be a raid wipe so you want to be as close as possible to the cap but if your concern is more for dps then often the higher level gear will be better due to the massive amounts of arpen on so much ICC gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigma
    If you aren't hit capped on Heroic Saurfang and miss a taunt, you'll probably wipe.
    Not really, unless you haven't killed him yet. I think our first couple kills had like 10-15 blood rune hits. And you can always grab it for a bit with challenging roar til growl comes off CD, or BOP the other tank

Quote Originally Posted by Dargoth
    There are not a lot of bosses that parry haste, they still parry. So expertise above 26 is almost exactly the same threat as hit. Do not blindly gear for hit when there are options with more expertise. Just a note hit cap for melee does not hitcap growl. Growl is on the spell hit table so it needs 17% total, with a glyph of growl that is roughly 230ish. (if you have a boomkin or spriest in the raid it drops further) To cap hit for taunts without a glyph then you need way more.
    I am not.

The hit cap i posted is only for melee hit cap. Fight where you need to taunt you should have the glyph of growl. Other fight I would said glyph of mangle.

The things I listed in wowhead, let you be hit cap (melee) and expertise cap (dodge) are useful.

You should reach to 8% hit cap when you are in a raid.

Shadow Priest only boost your spell hit rating.

Misery: Chance to hit with spells on the target increased by X%.

Boomkin does the same thing, Your Faerie Fire spell also increases the chance the target will be hit by spell attacks by 3%.

Those two only effect our growl anything else is effect by melee hit rating.

What left is your melee attack is missing the target?

Our threat does not come from spells but from melee attack. That hit rating for melee is 8%.

As long you are at 8% in a raid, I do not care for how high my expertise as long it is below 56.

You need to understand that melee threw out the boomkin and shadow priest talent from the window because we do not use those. Sorry paladin you have to use them as well.

This is really poor logic. Expertise is useless after soft cap because the only reason to get hit is for taunts is patently ridiculous. Hit and expertise are our two best TPS stats. In rough terms before exp soft cap 1exp=2hit.
    not really, you can get pretty close to the hit cap with chest + a ring, neck and/or belt. at that point there is no reason to go over cap and gemming hit is just a silly proposition and i never said expertise is useless

even if you aren't close to the cap, as long as you're holding aggro there is no reason to go out of your way for hit or exp

Staying between 5% to 8% is a great number range.

You will start seeing problem if your hit rating drop below 5%. That when a caster class can over aggro you and steal the boss. Having zero hit rating is worse.

I am not.

The hit cap i posted is only for melee hit cap. Fight where you need to taunt you should have the glyph of growl. Other fight I would said glyph of mangle.

The things I listed in wowhead, let you be hit cap (melee) and expertise cap (dodge) are useful.

You should reach to 8% hit cap when you are in a raid.

Shadow Priest only boost your spell hit rating.

Misery: Chance to hit with spells on the target increased by X%.

Boomkin does the same thing, Your Faerie Fire spell also increases the chance the target will be hit by spell attacks by 3%.

Those two only effect our growl anything else is effect by melee hit rating.

What left is your melee attack is missing the target?

Our threat does not come from spells but from melee attack. That hit rating for melee is 8%.

As long you are at 8% in a raid, I do not care for how high my expertise as long it is below 56.

You need to understand that melee threw out the boomkin and shadow priest talent from the window because we do not use those. Sorry paladin you have to use them as well.
    Read what I wrote again. Did I ever say boomkin or spriest helped with anything other than taunt? Taunt is on spell hit therefore spriest and boomkin help your hit on that, substantially lowering the hit needed to guarantee a taunt hit. Before you start ranting at people read their posts properly.

You will start seeing problem if your hit rating drop below 5%. That when a caster class can over aggro you and steal the boss. Having zero hit rating is worse.
    Don't quote made up numbers to people. 5% is not a magic hold aggro number, how much threat stats you need depends entirely on who your dps are, how geared and how skilled they are. Simple fact is that up to the caps hit and expertise are our best threat stats, there is no magic number below these that will make you hold aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by littlepiggy
    not really, you can get pretty close to the hit cap with chest + a ring, neck and/or belt. at that point there is no reason to go over cap and gemming hit is just a silly proposition and i never said expertise is useless

even if you aren't close to the cap, as long as you're holding aggro there is no reason to go out of your way for hit or exp
    Yeah useless was too strong a term there. I still think gearing expertise and hit is fairly important to hold aggro. You are absolutely right that they are not needed if you have no aggro problems but if you are having aggro issues then absolutely you should pickup items with them on it and in ICC if you have people putting out 12k+ DPS then you probably will need a healthy amount of hit and expertise.

Read what I wrote again. Did I ever say boomkin or spriest helped with anything other than taunt? Taunt is on spell hit therefore spriest and boomkin help your hit on that, substantially lowering the hit needed to guarantee a taunt hit. Before you start ranting at people read their posts properly.
    I read that part I just want to make sure that other people reading this know that those two does not help with melee threat attack type and they only effect growl. The Faerie Fire (Feral) is the other one that does get effected.

Don't quote made up numbers to people. 5% is not a magic hold aggro number, how much threat stats you need depends entirely on who your dps are, how geared and how skilled they are. Simple fact is that up to the caps hit and expertise are our best threat stats, there is no magic number below these that will make you hold aggro.
    Right now in main set of gear I am at 5.34% and 38 expertise, when I switch to my polar set for Sindragosa my hit rating drop to 2.29% and the expertise drop to 19. During that fight I was having problem with threat than any other fight before her. Therefore there is a line of having threat problem and no threat problem.

I once had 19 expertise and 10% hit rating and did not have threat problem (TOC). Then once my hit rating went down to where I wanted to be still no problems while having my expertise still at 19 (Beginning of ICC). Now if I go into polar set, I would have threat problem.

I conclude that anything below 5.0% is bad and anything above 8.75% is wasted. So I made a range where other feral tank can see what is good enough for threat and what is not good enough for threat.

I am saying that 5.0% to 8.75% is the range you want to be for tanking.