Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ret Trinket help

Hey guys, after trolling the forums, I thought I'd take the plunge and join.

Im in abit of a dilemma at the moment, and I hope you guys can help, I need to know which trinket to swap.

Ive got Herkuml war totem and Whispering fanged skull. Tonight I got Tiny abomination in a jar. So guys, which one should i swap out for the tiny abom, and if possible, why?

Cheers

Rannu

Re: Ret Trinket help

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...alyon&cn=Rannu

Thought Id add my armory if thats any help

Quote Originally Posted by Rannu
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...alyon&cn=Rannu

Thought Id add my armory if thats any help
    rawr actually says its better for him to use the War Token.
    When simmed: its about a 12 DPS gain when he equips the token over WFS

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Todyn
    rawr actually says its better for him to use the War Token.
    When simmed: its about a 12 DPS gain when he equips the token over WFS
    Did you fix the TAJ settings for Rawr?

rawr has HWT substantially ahead of WFS with fixed TAiaJ settings, and even without TAiaJ at all.

Quote Originally Posted by crabmousse
    rawr has HWT substantially ahead of WFS with fixed TAiaJ settings, and even without TAiaJ at all.
    Hmmm... to me that sounds a bit off.

15+ Year Old Account

i used hwt for a while. When i switched back to greatness, my dps went up by a few 100. Depending on the fight ofc. Anyway, what im saying is that hwt in rawr isnt accurate. Taiaj is bis.it should give a few 100 dps increase*

*depending om weapon also

Quote Originally Posted by Rannu
    Hey guys, after trolling the forums, I thought I'd take the plunge and join.
    I don't think you understand what "Trolling" means :P

And anyway, the obvious trinket choice is HWT and tiny abom. You can tell they're better just by looking at the item level!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Erinol
    I don't think you understand what "Trolling" means :P

And anyway, the obvious trinket choice is HWT and tiny abom. You can tell they're better just by looking at the item level!

dont say shit like this! greatness trinket is better then hwt and its WAY below the ilvl of hwt.

never look at the item level if you need a new trinket. its plain and simple.

HWT sucks.

What about:

Tiny abomination (normal)
    Death's Verdict (hc)
    Whispering FS (hc)

Are the 2 first the best choice? Being hit capped already.

Quote Originally Posted by Heldamon
    What about:

Tiny abomination (normal)
    Death's Verdict (hc)
    Whispering FS (hc)

Are the 2 first the best choice? Being hit capped already.
    Yes, the first 2 are the best choices. Just juggle your gear around to shed some hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf
    Hmmm... to me that sounds a bit off.
    agreed, I don't trust rawr at all these days

Greatness better than HWT? Maybe on 2 fights (LDW and putricide) where you cannot keep HWT stacked. If stacked HWT gives 153 haste and 340 AP. Compared to greatness with 225 steady AP and 375 AP on proc with 1/3 uptime (averages out on 350 AP total). So unless you need to ramp up the 340 AP of HWT too often, HWT obviously beats greatness. In a stationary fight HWT will ALWAYS be better than greatness, simply because ~340AP (will be slightly less on average because of ramp up time) + 153 haste is better than ~350AP (depends on last proc when encounter ends).

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xtra
    Greatness better than HWT? Maybe on 2 fights (LDW and putricide) where you cannot keep HWT stacked. If stacked HWT gives 153 haste and 340 AP. Compared to greatness with 225 steady AP and 375 AP on proc with 1/3 uptime (averages out on 350 AP total). So unless you need to ramp up the 340 AP of HWT too often, HWT obviously beats greatness. In a stationary fight HWT will ALWAYS be better than greatness, simply because ~340AP (will be slightly less on average because of ramp up time) + 153 haste is better than ~350AP (depends on last proc when encounter ends).
    375 AP proc from greatness? I dont know about you, but my Greatness deck procs 300 Strength. 300 str is more than 375AP. I'm betting your numbers, and therefore your conclusions, are wrong.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    375 AP proc from greatness? I dont know about you, but my Greatness deck procs 300 Strength. 300 str is more than 375AP. I'm betting your numbers, and therefore your conclusions, are wrong.
    i assume he was referring to medium numbers as like it is not a proc but a passive buff.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Furiozo
    i assume he was referring to medium numbers as like it is not a proc but a passive buff.
    except that he said "proc", and then he averaged out the numbers based on this proc
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

War Token is a full 199dps ahead of DMC for me.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Xtra
    hmm greatness averages out to 480.7 ap
    and war token is 340 ap and 153 haste
    so it all comes down to 140.7 ap or 153 haste if you go by averages and as far as im aware haste is better point for point than ap so war token should be better on stand and nuke fights while greatness propably will be better on high mobility fights.
    so i'll keep having both in my inventory and switching depending on fight.
    edit: also wanted to add that for short fights greatness will be better since you ont have timeto stack up the wartoken and greatness will pretty much procc as soon as you enter combat. but this is for realy short fights less than 1-1.30 minutes

yeah I'm pretty sure 6% haste is better than another 140ap, 6% haste = 6% more white damage and 6% more seal damage which are your top 2 sources of dmg as ret. much better than everything hitting a fraction harder tbh.