How did you gear up your warrior?

I've geared my Warrior up using the random dungeon feature.

But now im stuck after i've gotten all the epic drops from the icc dungeons(heroic).

What do? Tell me your story.

Re: How did you gear up your warrior?

You realise that the new emblems system maybe isn't all that great after all.

That's what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowt
    You realise that the new emblems system maybe isn't all that great after all.

That's what you do.

uhh, what?

What you do now is start pugging raids (or going with guild), make sure to never miss VoA10/25, get some frost badges.....

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Pug ToC10/25, do VoA each week, do your daily randoms. You can get plenty of solid gear to get you into ICC pugs from badges. It may take a little time, but gear is easy to come by. The last major patch said so.

15+ Year Old Account

Either..

A) Park your warrior alt in a corner with a "done" sticker.
    B) Start raiding on it.

well...

oh wait... what?

15+ Year Old Account

To get into icc on my realm you need to have 5.1k gs ( for 10 man ), i ended up with about 4.8k gs on my warr after finishing all gear through heroics. I had to literally talk myself into raids and explain in detail why i did not have 5.1k gs ._.

i wish this gs crap would just fly over and be done with it

Quote Originally Posted by Voisin
    To get into icc on my realm you need to have 5.1k gs ( for 10 man ), i ended up with about 4.8k gs on my warr after finishing all gear through heroics. I had to literally talk myself into raids and explain in detail why i did not have 5.1k gs ._.

i wish this gs crap would just fly over and be done with it

This. This is my problem at the moment, i can't get into any raid at all. As my GS is about 4.6k or something.... So... the only choice as i see it, is join a different guild with my alt, and act as if it's my "main".

Did a lot of heroics when I dinged, got into a 10 and 25 ICC my first week I hit 80 (4.3k gearscore lol), didn't get anything but badges helped to get my tier.

The badges are only meant to help you skip content that's hardly run at all now. The rest is now up to you, to pug ToC/Ony25 and get started in ICC10/25 depending on whether you're a tank or a dps and who you manage to run with.

Something you can do next though, is to keep farming the heroics and use the badges to buy Crusader orbs, and get the 245 gear crafted for your chest/wrist slots. I don't know how it goes on other servers, but on mine there's several TnT (Trinkets and Tokens) ToC25 GDKP runs, where only the trinkets and tokens are sold because ToC's been run so much it's hard to find buyers for the rest of the gear, which is back to being free-rolled for. If there are any such runs on your server, it'd be a good thing to go to for getting 245 gear that you can't craft, or even buy something if you've got the money for it.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by klandidno

This. This is my problem at the moment, i can't get into any raid at all. As my GS is about 4.6k or something.... So... the only choice as i see it, is join a different guild with my alt, and act as if it's my "main".
    Get some crappy, but high level, gear. Wear it to boost your score then put on your real gear when trash is pulled. If they actually inspect you, put on your real gear and hope they are not retards and understand using the arbitrary number Blizzard or some mod sticks on an item isn't it's real worth. A lot of the good-but-not-quite-tip-top-end warrior gear will crash your gearscore. I demonstrated this to someone using that mod how it's still flawed about a month ago because with just a couple swaps I could boost my score by 500 at the cost of severely overcapping expertise and undercapping arp which would probably cost me 700dps.

Last, make sure you are ready for ICC. Be honest with yourself. Some people think they are ready then get blown away and look bad. The best way into a raid if you don't go with your guild is to perform so well in a pug that you get re invited next week. If you have doubts ask for a critique. Usually people who have run heroics to death just need to swap 2 to 4 badge pieces to change their character from that typical pug with 100 hit rating too much and 50 expertise too little into a well built killing machine.

Joined a raiding guild.

Just be patient. Do ICC 10 rep farm runs to get urself a decent ring. VoA 10/25 as suggested, if you can't get it, make one urself. It shouldn't be a problem.
    Jeg vil ha tre is.

10+ Year Old Account

i suggest going ToC 10 and 25

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

He's not asking how he can gear his up, he's asking how did YOU gear YOUR warrior.

15+ Year Old Account

Another suggestion if you have all of the 232/245 gear that you think you can get, is to form your own 10-man ICC pug and forget about gearscores. Just ensure that you know the fights yourself (from a knowledge point of view, not necessarily experiential). Check each person as they enter the raid group to make sure they are geared, gemmed and enchanted wisely and you should be ok; even if you have to explain fights or people haven't done ICC before.
    For the Alliance!

Deleted

I did hcs untill I could get all badge gear, and decent hc drops from icc/toc. Did VoA every week, later on toc10 and some toc25.

Quote Originally Posted by Eis
    Either..
    A) Park your warrior alt in a corner with a "done" sticker.
    B) Start raiding on it.
    This. After getting all ICC5 and Triumph loot, there's not much more to get without raiding ToC25 / ICC. In their infinite wisdom, Blizzard have decided that 25mans should give higher level loot than 10mans, and 10mans should give higher level loot than 5mans. If you're strictly 5man only then your warrior is "maxed". If you're willing to raid, then go do it. You should be able to tank ICC10 with 4.8k gs, I've tanked up to Deathbringer with about 4.7k.

Pro tips:
    * If you can't go because you don't have the achievement, save up and join a GDKP run as a buyer. That will get you your achievements and maybe a couple of bits of gear.
    * It's sometimes easier to get into a pug raid as DPS than as a tank.
    Ultralisk-Nagrand / Táne-Nagrand / Wuggles-Nagrand / Koras-Thaurrisan / Dieselsun-Thaurissan / Bezoar-Thaurissan

My warrior is my alt as well, and after getting all the badge and heroic loot I tried to do ToC25... and failed (Fuck GS bs >_<)
    Anyway, me and a few guildies who also geared their alts in heroics decided to make an alt ICC10 run.

This would mean only bring alts who were:
    - Done in heroics/with badges.
    - Properly gemmed/enchanted. No skimming on these, you need to compensate for a full tier of gear.
    - Know how to play the class/role. Me and the other tank are tanks on our mains as well.

Most of the time we stopped after DBS because of lack of gear, but the first 4 bosses were good gearing grounds. An extra 8 frosts a week (sometimes 13 if we had the gunship or lady gaga weekly) helped with getting tier 10 pretty nicely and I'm currently sporting 4p tanking t10 with some nice offpieces