Wait, what? No more AP/AGI/INT mail?

Hey guys, came to this forum for a sec for a clarification, some of the existing topics touch on it, but I can't see any that pointedly refer to a solid word from blizz.

I am considering waiting for Cata to level a hunter from scratch with the applicable heirlooms, however currently they share the same stat sets as Enhancement shamans desire, including int.

Now, in Cataclysm, hunters won't need mana, so won't need int... so it's very possible that those AGI/AP/INT heirlooms will be 1/3 useless if they stay as they are based on the argument that "Enhancement will still need int".

A hunter friend of mine told me that's not the case, that y'all won't need INT any more in cataclysm (like non-holy Pallys discovered at the top of WOTLK) , so when the "gear updates for everyone", all AGI/AP/INT themed mail will just be AGI themed.

Has this been actually stated by blizz to be the direction you guys are going? I can wait till Cataclysm if it's *likely* (obviously we don't know for sure yet) that my DPS mail heirlooms will be purged of their INT.

Thanks in advance for any and all helpful replies.
    Diablo IV is the best MMORPG Blizzard has ever made!

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Wait, what? No more AP/AGI/INT mail?

There have been no stated changes by blizzard or the devs about any changes to Bind on Account gear. However, the BoA gear is mostly sought after for the exp bonuses with the stats more or less adding flavor. As I'm sure Blizzard has a team that is redoing gear for the cata changes have faith, blizzard wont forget about the changes to the hunters.

Edit: Also, don't forget to get the ring from the tuskar fishing daily! It adds another 5% exp

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

+20% exp is worth more than having dead stats on two pieces of leveling gear. You aren't looking to dps or twink out your character, so who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Tykku
    There have been no stated changes by blizzard or the devs about any changes to Bind on Account gear. However, the BoA gear is mostly sought after for the exp bonuses with the stats more or less adding flavor. As I'm sure Blizzard has a team that is redoing gear for the cata changes have faith, blizzard wont forget about the changes to the hunters.
    Oh I know the BOA gear itself may not have had anything solid stated about it, I was just more looking for whether or not , *IF*`they get touched, the argument of ènhancement needing int will still be valid.

Gah, keyboard`s bugged, accents sneaking in unwanted...

Quote Originally Posted by Razia
    +20% exp is worth more than having dead stats on two pieces of leveling gear. You aren't looking to dps or twink out your character, so who cares.
    Oh I agree! I was just entertaining the OCDness in my brain and seeking answers on an admittedly nitipicky point.

10+ Year Old Account

Well, if blizzard does intend to keep the 1 set for both class/specs then I would assume they would remove the int and wrap it into agi or something similar. It's not like the missing 100 int (guesstimate at max level) would break shaman leveling.

Enhancement will not need int.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

Since enhancement shamans are also getting a treatment, all be it to a lesser degree where they will not be reliant on intellect then any gear aimed at mail physical damage will have its stats adjusted.
    So will see the removal of those dead stats, and the remaining adjusted accordingly.
    The same applies to all gear that will no longer fit a role, and will see the removal if not modification of any which was never suitable for anything like str/spirit on a lot of lower level gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account

I believe they did mention that ret/prot paladins and enhance shamans will have their own means for mana pools and maintaining them. All physical dps mail should be perfectly viable for both hunters and enhance shamans, and wont include stats like intellect, spirit, or mp5.

Mail will just look more like what Plate looks like now. It will be +Agi, +Stam+ and then combat ratings. Shamans will just get a powerful regen talent like Ret Pallies have. It's likely that SR will lose it's dmg reduction component and be a strictly mana regen talent, but that's just speculation on my part.
    Baretta M92 Custom Praiyachat Sword Cutlass Special
    Starcaller Renzokuken, 80 Dwarf Shaman