Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: 30,000 fishes caught. And still no turtle -.-

True story:

I was fishing in The Basin for the fishing daily and ACCIDENTALLY cast my line into a school of fish. ON THE FIRST SHAKE OF THE BOBBER, I caught my turtle. One of my best stories in Wow so far :D

All I can say is keep at it. I caught mine off the coast of mo'aki harbour. Took a good 6k or so casts.

For your information: You do not need to use lures, or any fishing gear at all besides a pole. As long as you cast into the fishing pools (which you are if you're trying for the turtle) then you have no need for the extra fishing skill. They removed the need for that in 3.3 (I belive).
    Viperfangs --- Khoriann --- Anethel --- Litestrike --- Synergy --- Darkviper --- Sintentions
    - Hunter ----- Shaman ----- Druid ----- Paladin ----- Priest ------- DK ------- Warlock -
    -===- <Dauntless> -===- Anetheron US

Deleted

im still trying to find mine

i've been hunting for a week and still no luck.. hoping someone share some tips on how to have that turtle
    Make your gaming experience a lot better!
    wow strategy guide

Do not look for it.It will drop a shunny day while you re doing your daily fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rykku
    Make sure you fish in frozen sea.

And its a chance, if you have 0.1% chance to get one, dont mean you will get one every 1000 fishs. You can waste your whole life on this, or you can get one in 10minutes.
    Zone doesn't matter. And the frozen sea schools aren't that valuable otherwise.

Just make sure you fish in schools in Northrend. Except Pools of Blood, that is.
    The rest is up to the dice.

Tried to farm it for weeks, never dropped.

My friend got it on the first day after 2 - 3 mins of fishing...

1 week later while doing his daily, it dropped for him the second time.

stupid rng

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles
    How did you guys get your fishing skill maxed, anyways? I can't be bothered to fish because all I catch is garbage and I don't skill up every catch.
    Maxing fishing is really really slow, worst for any of the proffessions. But u can assist wat u catch using various chants, gear, spells, and such. Like im maxed on my toon and yet I still use the fishing hat, its buff (cause im lazy) a fishing rod the fishing chant on hands and a chant on my fishing pole. Got all the special poles so I look good fishing aswell. I get to choose either my jewel encrusted, skull, or tuskar. Wat im saying is fishing is not something for the low attention-spanned. It takes a lot of time and even more patience. GL with maxing it :)
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

Quote Originally Posted by Rykku
    Make sure you fish in frozen sea.
    Wrong. I got mine in Sholazar Basin while fishing for the invisible fish daily quest. Didn't even know such thing as this turtle exists, shame it's so useless for me (druid).

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dakeshi
    Rng is Rng, when you're not farming for it, it'll drop as a coincidence
    got mine after 1k-2k fish,
    i as however fishing for a dark herring...

also make sure you are fishing in a POOL
    you can not catch a turtle in open water
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by klandidno
    Anyone got any sea turtle related stories? Perhaps some advice into catching one. As you can read i'm not a lucky one.
    My sea turtle story is that I caught it while going for the northrend pools achievement

2 days after getting the Zulian Tiger.

Some people are just lucky I guess :)
    ARMORY - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dragonmaw&cn=Darkfangs

Summary of some of the points in this thread.

It will only be caught from a northrend fish pool, so fish those only, not empty water.
    There are a few good pool respawn spots mentioned where pools are often in a near constant supply, if not farmed by others so try one of those.
    Skill does matter, since I believe it will only be caught on a "fish" catch, not a trash one.
    So having low skill meaning that most of the time you catch trash, means that every one of those trash catches is one with no chance of the turtle.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I got mine on my first Northrend cast :3

/cough

What?
    God; I hate you people.

Got mine without training on one of my usual farms for dragonfin, every couple of weeks i go and fish up about 80 of them, happend to get the mount a long time ago on one of my early fishing trips, if i was to guess it was probably around 300 dragonfin or so.

Got mine fairly quick.. As soon as it was released I started fishing for it and got it the same day, after that I chilled in IF getting spammed by people asking where the hell I got it :3
    Also had it drop a second time. n_n

3.000 or 4.000 just for the dark herring and my title, no turtle and still dont have it
    still doing all dailys for one recipe
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

Why would you want to fish for a turtle?

RNG is...well random xD

When I set out to get my turtle I expected a insane grind, 10 min later I had my turtle and the green dagger fishy, forgot name ;D

Yeah, it's not something really "farm" for... just do fishing dailies & fish while waiting raids (if you raid).
    Wildanimal
    80 Night Elf Druid
    Resto/Feral tank

Fished 15 minutes in Sholazar Basin for fun.
    Look! A turtle!
    Never look into the eyes of a horse.
    Your soul will forever be lost in the void of a horse.