Thread: Live stream

Live stream

I know how to stream console video games, however, I have not learned how to create a good quality PC stream for PC videos games such as World of Warcraft.

I seem to have issues with the sound, I can't seem to get the stream to pick up the game sounds and the video flashes black all the time.

If you stream PC games over the internet, could you pass some good tips to me?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Live stream

Use Xfire.

Are you able to stream that to Justin TV live? Or is it just like Gamecam or whatever it is called and only records stuff?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100
    Are you able to stream that to Justin TV live? Or is it just like Gamecam or whatever it is called and only records stuff?
    It steams through xfire.com. You can stream anything on your desktop from a game to replying to this post. If it's on your screen, it can be broadcasted. It can also include audio (I believe with or without Ventrilo being included, but I might be wrong there).

How do I know when it is streaming, I pressed the hotkey for it to stream and nothing happens?

15+ Year Old Account

Did you enable broadcast streaming in the options menu?

Tools -> Options -> Broadcast tab -> Check "Enable Broadcast"

Optionally, to include audio, check "Broadcast audio" and choose the device you want to broadcast.

Go into game, press Scroll Lock + B, and you're broadcasting (you should see something at the upper middle of your screen that says so).

Thanks, I figured it out.

Only thing is that I can't seem to get my in game sound to work. I can get my headset to pick up my voice and people can hear me chat, but no in game sound.

But if I unplug my headset then my in game sound works.. dunno

15+ Year Old Account

It's based on which audio device you have selected.

Well, I have my headset selected and it wont broadcast the PC sound like the in game sound for some odd reason, it will broadcast my voice though.

15+ Year Old Account

Because you have your headset selected. What audio device is the game using? Usually people have game sounds configured for speakers and Vent on headset.

I didn't know you can pick which sound device you want to use in game... But it wont play any sounds at all, in game or not.