Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Give Wands back to Enchanting

I am glad I am not the only one who thought this was a good idea. Just makes sense really. :D

Also thank you to all those who linked the Wrath Beta Enchanting wands. ;)
    This post contains 100% of your recommended daily intake of Vitamins T, H & C.

Warning: May contain traces of nuts.

We could use wands and trinkets. An untapped niche if you ask me.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Quote Originally Posted by Elderane
    what?

didnt you use heirlooms (robe, shoulder, staff, trinkets) and enchants at all?

1-40 was a breeze as dps holy...

i'm feeling the pain of low mana now that i'm 58, but i'm sure it'll pass after some outland blues...

in topic, i'd dig some more wands, specially if they had some nice effects like chance on hit procs, so it's more interesting
    ha ha leveling with Heirlooms your so cute. Before the nerfed experience amounts and heirlooms etc things were alot harder

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by pUREcoin
    ha ha leveling with Heirlooms your so cute. Before the nerfed experience amounts and heirlooms etc things were alot harder
    *clears throat*

This

is

relevant

to

the

subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelta
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?page=802

Right at the top of that page, we see the upgradable Enchanting wands. At a guess, the mats and stats never made it past the preliminary stages - perhaps it would have made Enchanting too good for all wand users, as the fully upgraded wand would (assuming we can guess iLvl from the DPS) have been about the same as the Wand of the Archlich, from Naxx 25, which is 213.

Regardless: WTB moar crafted wands!
    Why were those removed

I haven't read anything about proffesions, from blizz, for a long time actually, but if were to get wands to enchanting, they should be BoE and what i'd call "lightweight", aka, lowest epic Ilevel, perhaps a new one or two released with more content

Wands should get a proc aswell something along the lines of "when ur wand crits your next spell costs no mana" why else would u wand other than mobs so low u can wand it or ur oom? That being said it isnt really sueful for 80 but leveling up i found myself wanding alot of mobs WITH a crappy wand.

15+ Year Old Account

I never understood why they didn't just make wands the autoattack equivalent of casters:

You can already autoattack with your caster melee weapon and cast spells at the same time. Say you cast an instant spell and in the following global cooldown a autoattack will happen (depending on weapon speed of course). If you're casting a non instant spell you autoattack gets suspended for the time but resumes after it. That mechanic is already in the game and working - for example the melee shaman that decides to heal himself once.

And the blues said on more than one occasion that they don't really like wands being stat sticks. So why not make them attack in between the global cooldown of spells? Of course this would mean rebalancing every caster, but an expension would be the best time for that.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

/sign.

My ranged slot on my 'lock is my only sub-ilvl-251 item for just the reasons the OP listed. (Currently using the Triumph badge one for the HIT... but I've got a ToGC 10 one in my bank for once I get some different gear. Either way, it's ilvl 245.)

It's such a lovely idea, and such a shame that it didn't make it through the beta. However, what I think was the cause of that, was the fact that those wands were BoP, and quite powerful, giving Enchanters and unfair advantage.

However, if they just make it like with Engineers and their Guns(BoE), it'd be a wonderful idea. Typically my caster friends and guildies have the most trouble replacing their wand than anything.

10+ Year Old Account

yes and yes

did some one post this in the official forums ? hope blizz monitor the mmo-champ forums because they need to see this

oh and the idea for clothies to use auto-wand instead of auto attack is also a good one

Unfortunatly the hinted craftable wands never made it into wotlk, and really from the view of enchanting that was one of the features I was most anticipating for the profession.
    Most other professions have craftables which see good demand through most skill levels.
    Armor and weapons are at least sellable, but outside of a few twink or heirloom enchants how many enchants are actually sellable ?
    Wands were a persistent demand item at lower skill levels, unlike 95% of the profession.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted

Since Blizzard just made their first boe epic wand, I don't see a reason not to continue this strategy.

Those of us who have leveled enchanting probably deserve at least one crafted item, eh? Let's make it wands since we can already make them at lower levels.