Poll: As a tank, how often do you run into a disrepectful or stupid person in a heroic daily?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: I remember when tanks were respected...

Quote Originally Posted by ragingsoul
    I have full ICC25 tanking and dps gear, but since people can't even wait untill I reconfigure pally Power for 3 sec, and spec 7 gcd buffing the group before I pull (seal+5 kings+RF and drinking=30sec), I don't even queue as tank anymore.

why? because for some reason, at the end of the run, I don't have the same feeling when I'm doing 50% of the total dps as tank, or 50% of the dps as a real dps. As tank I have the feeling that I'm doing everything, and boosting everyone. As dps, I'm just having fun and doing my job. it's as simple as that.
    You could say that the end result is the same, but the impression at the end isn't. After all those months of only tanking, I rather wait 10min and do it as dps. Sad story.

I think this pretty much sums it up.

I tank with my pally 35-40% of overall damage (depending on how good/bad the dps is), when I go ret I do 45%+ unless I end up with another equaly geared player.

Had people giving me a hard time in UK with my undergeared prot-war even though I was tanking fine. Hunter complained that he got aggro (full 232/251 pulling 2300 dps lolz right ?) on several mobs yet never thought about either using MD or FD. Scrubs will be scrubs I guess..
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Out of my WoTLK exp. (Been playing since pre-bc) DK's are probably the hardest tank to play and as well least respected because there aren't many good ones. Most people just rolled DK because they think its easy to play when its not. I'm a DK tank as well and I rarely get any respect in dungeons. Like a poster before me if a dps or someone starts to irritate me I just ignore them simple as that.

as someone who has tanked but doesn't tank often I will say this

I disrespect those that deserve it whether they be tanks healer or dps. if you try and act like you are the shit (like this one dk tank that was/most like still is a major idiot) and you are obviously in no way are, I will talk shit to you and begin to tell you in every way you are gearing, speccing and playing wrong.

tanks imo (a LOT of tanks) need to get off the "Im a tank I automaticly deserve respect" horse. guess what, most of the people you tank for could just hit a button and do your job just as good as you (in refference to heroics at least) so pls stop acting high and mighty and just chain pull, I can heal you through the boss + all the trash as long as you can hit cd buttons.

Praiseworthy, 90% of all forum topics end-up with QQ in some form, there is nothing we can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shailaja
    so wait, let me get this straight... you want special treatment for basically bypassing the queue lines and going as a spec you don't really care for, shouting at the warrior (who can most likely tank the instance in his dps gear if the healer has his head on straight) for pulling while you were afk? idunno.. sounds kinda pretentious... ohwait your name is "praiseworthy"... nevermind
    It's not "special treatment," it's respect. The tank is supposed to set the pace of the run, make the pulls, hold aggro, not die, etc. Tanks really do get abused though. It's either "pull faster" or "wait, I need mana," or "your gear isn't very good" etc. I quit heroic tanking for a while because even though I was a) setting a good pace b) setting up pulls well c) holding aggro d) using CD's when necessary e) watching the healer's mana, it was never good enough. You still get people telling you what to do/how to do it and it annoys the crap out of us.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

lol i'd love to say I remember that but I barely remember random other alliance people. Horde? Maybe if they haunted goldshire like Phlegmmy.......

back in the day, holding aggro was a feat

if a tank could hold 2 mobs it was impressive

now tanking is all just spam aoe and doesnt require nearly as much for heriocs

as things become mindless and easy, there is less respect for those who can do it

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Praiseworthy
    well, im kind of disappointed that this thread turned out to be a qq about gearscore and my name
    Don't take it personal. Those guys are of the same kind of the ones you grouped with and just tend to bash everyone they see. Maybe it is jealousy or just feeling proud after bashing someone with a lower gearscore. Gear doesn't matter, skill does. Even tho i meet tons of idiots trough LFD, but i lso met players with green/blue gear preforming better than T9 geared players (when a blue geared warlock is doing 2300 dps and the T9 retridin is doing 1K, that proves enough.)

uhm nangz, my friend mutalawlte/iceicelol/evilshibey/iceicebaby/shadowimage kind of haunts goldshire

so u might know him =)

he also plays alliance, rogue named shibey i think
    I'd tell you to get at me, but you smell like shit, so keep your distance, please.

I've actually stopped tanking random groups. I just don't find it worth the hassle to put myself in the firing line of complete morons in order to queue faster.

I've tanked since release, all through BC and up till now haven't found any issues with tanking. I've usually had good runs with people who were willing to wait that extra 2 seconds it takes me to pull a group of mobs and build AoE threat. I've been complimented on my tanking abilities and have never gone off at anyone that wasn't deserving of it.

That said, I simply can't go a day anymore without at least one complete shambles of a run (usually more). I remember the other day a Shaman laughed at me and told me I was way undergeared to tank PoS heroic. After which he abused me a little then quite the run.
    I find it extremely hard to believe that a warrior with 36K unbuffed health, capped Def, and enough threat to keep mobs from running away is considered undergeared for something as trivial as a 5 man heroic.

That run was one of my more pleasant encounters.
    Yes I believe tanks are completely under valued and the abuse is now unbelievable. I now Tank guild runs and for friends only as I'm quite happy to spend the extra 20 mins waiting in line as DPS simply so when the abuse starts flying (which it does all to often) I'm 9 times out of 10 not on center spot light. Cause lets face it, if a run goes wrong the person in the firing line is the tank, you can bitch all you want about how important your role is but at the end of the day you're going to abuse the tank before someone else.

It's possible that tanks were respected.

DKs on the other hand were never respected.

Alenko, that's the problem really. Is it is hard to respect anyone who tanks heroics even if they do it well. Because the whole experience is trivial, the DPS feel "entitled" to a speed run every-time because they know they could do the tanks job in sub-par DPS gear.

If it was literally imposable for DPS to tank Heroics without proper gear/spec, then they would be less inclined to cry out "GOGOGOGOGOGO!" and make jerk-pulls.

It's just the dungeons are to trivial, so you can't expect anyone to respect them or the people who do them on a regular basis anymore.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra.P
    Alenko, that's the problem really. Is it is hard to respect anyone who tanks heroics even if they do it well. Because the whole experience is trivial, the DPS feel "entitled" to a speed run every-time because they know they could do the tanks job in sub-par DPS gear.

If it was literally imposable for DPS to tank Heroics without proper gear/spec, then they would be less inclined to cry out "GOGOGOGOGOGO!" and make jerk-pulls.

It's just the dungeons are to trivial, so you can't expect anyone to respect them or the people who do them on a regular basis anymore.....
    I'd like to see a pve geared ret tank HoR, srsly.
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok
    I think this pretty much sums it up.

I tank with my pally 35-40% of overall damage (depending on how good/bad the dps is), when I go ret I do 45%+ unless I end up with another equaly geared player.

Had people giving me a hard time in UK with my undergeared prot-war even though I was tanking fine. Hunter complained that he got aggro (full 232/251 pulling 2300 dps lolz right ?) on several mobs yet never thought about either using MD or FD. Scrubs will be scrubs I guess..
    well, it also comes from the fact that I'm not gonna tank an heroic with my 6.1k GS MT gear with 56k hp. So you
    change your trinkets, change your weapon maybe and 1 or 2 rings/neck and you end up doing 5k dps easy as tank.
    I must say, I don't really have people saying I'm going too slow since I'm chain pulling to keep divan plea. it all depends on your healer too.
    When I'm healing on my resto druid, I don't even care who tanks, as long as he can hold aggro and isn't doing 1 pull/min. I can heal DKs in blue DPS gear tanking with frost presence.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by Christan
    (i have been known to accidentally DI the healer in those occasions.
    accidentally ofc.)
    This. I personally prefer BoP on the Arms warrior who Bladestorms before I even get consecration down or the other melee who likes pulling before me. It's funny watching them ask "y cant i hit nything?!" in party chat (I don't mind rogues and hunters MD/TotTing me and helping me chain pull esp. if the next mob is a little ways away or a rogue/ranged slaughtering a caster).
    We are the internet we dont care about you. We just want to poke you with a pointy stick
    Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    Furthermore to hate gearscore for 'denying you access to raids' is like hating your credit score for denying you access to a loan.

I do the same got a setup for the "easy" heroics @ 29k hp, dps trinkets weapon libram etc. and a 37k for FoS PoS HoR.

Got a few /w from people in heroics "you got dps trinkets on" which I reply with "it's UK heroics are srs business".

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Op, I feel your pain. I recently started tanking, so I was farming regs/heroics for gear for a tank set - most of it blue with a couple of ilvl 200 grapes. I start an instance and it's kinda shaky since I'm new. I got bitched out on every pull because they couldn't grasp the concept of "wait 3 seconds before engaging so I can get aggro."

DPS are generally dicks.

10+ Year Old Account

This is a bit of a nostalgic story, even though i started tanking in wrath again.

I levelled my very first char in BC as a warrior tank. It was tough, as a first char, taking shit off of lots of people who were apparently pro. Now, when my guild started off raiding at 70, i was their main tank, which at 70, a lot of people will remember, required some amount of skill (karazhan v Naxx for first tier raiding, kara wins every time, naxx may have had better thought out mechanics, but in kara, you did not have the range of gear you did in Naxx) but about 50% of the time (before the changes to thunder clap esp.) i used to get a helluva a lotta shit from pugs. every little thing used to be blamed on the tank. Examples include peeps (in heroic gear) who did not take the nature res buff in Slave pens, peeps who did not understand the + - debuff on the second boss in mechanar and even people who didnt understand that there were stealthed mobs in shattered halls. In TBC tank respect was at a low unless you were a TK/SSC raider. Which pissed me off to the point where i changed to warrior dps. I eventually hit BT tank gear and didnt hear a single word against me even when i had a shitty pull.

Wrath however brought in a far easier method of tanking, for every tanking class essentially aoe tanking. Fair enough, I like it when i can tank every single mob in a 10 mob pull, but what I really loved was, even during all those insults and defammations of character, you could still get to the end of the instance, ccing and tactical pulling your way there, not listening to the fecks who keep saying NUB TAUNK POULL FASTUR.
    My Youtube videos. Co op gaming. A work in progress, but check em out, you might get a laugh.

Tanks are faceing a little bit of a backlash atm for their holier than thou attitude they have had near this entire expansion. Tanks who think because they get insta groups that it makes them in charge of the group and as such they do what they like and speak to the rest of the group with 0 respect and no manners at all.

On the odd occasion where I do have to venture into puggin for the daily I am inveiteably in a group with a loud mouth obnoxious tank who thinks that the group belongs to them and what they say goes. The vast majorty of said tanks also happen to be facerolling paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle
    Op, I feel your pain. I recently started tanking, so I was farming regs/heroics for gear for a tank set - most of it blue with a couple of ilvl 200 grapes. I start an instance and it's kinda shaky since I'm new. I got bitched out on every pull because they couldn't grasp the concept of "wait 3 seconds before engaging so I can get aggro."

DPS are generally dicks.
    that's another problem. When your first attack procs 2 trinkets+ berserking + rep ring or something else, you instantly do 6k dps when you're decently geared up.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard