Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...

Re: Third Faction in Cataclysm or beyond?

Quote Originally Posted by Emsarrev
    I thank you for this link.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by admielke
    I'm guessing the idea quoted made sense but the original post didn't?
    Correct.

"Fate has made us enemies...But this ring will make us brothers." -Gravemind to the Master Chief and the Arbiter, (Halo 2)
    "Were it so easy" -The Arbiter (Halo 2,3)
    "That is the worst grenade throw ever, of all time" -Agent Washington (RedvsBlue, season 6)
    <3 Caboose

If anything, with Malfurion and mebbe Cenarius coming back, we'd see the Nelves bounce b/c they are the farthest away from the Alliance (except Draenai) and thus least involved with them. Besides, they have their own problems to deal with. Remember in WC3 where they were their own faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kovio
    Tauren would never align themselves with Blood Elves, nor Undead. Neither would Draenai.

Thats why they arn't... Oh wait...
    Its this thing called the Horde. Weirdly enough it has the Blood Elves, Undead, and Tauren as allies. Crazy huh?

Quote Originally Posted by b
    Thats why they arn't... Oh wait...
    Its this thing called the Horde. Weirdly enough it has the Blood Elves, Undead, and Tauren as allies. Crazy huh?
    Currently both faction are made up from races that aren't the best of friends, there mostly connected trough other allies. For horde the common ally is the orcs. The tauren and trolls owed them one so there pretty good friends, the forsaken where shunned by the alliance but Thrall always welcomed people in need so the where allowed in. That and the fact that both orcs and troll aren't to bothered by meddling with the dark arts just left the tauren grumbling. Some just got over it and started helping the forsaken. Hell I bet there are more undead in thunderbluff then there are in Orgrimmar.
    Then the Belfs came with a strong tie to the forsaken, and again Thrall being big of heart. Overall I doubt any Horde member is really bothered with them.
    And now it's Goblins, which have a history of helping the horde (certain factions within the goblin society anyway, much like trolls), are also a in dire need of help and again the horde stretches out a helping hand and welcomes them. Much like the Belfs I doubt any horde race has big problems with them, even our nature loving Tauren since Most goblins hate (or atleast dislike) the venture Co. as much as tauren do.

Now my knowledge of the alliance is lacking a bit, but the same story works for them me thinks. Humans being the common factor, there long friends with the dwarfs. who in turn helped out the gnomes when gnomeregan was lost. Nelfs figured out they weren't going to make it on there own so they decided to join the alliance, since well, horde is pretty much out of the question The dreanei are all for the light so the alliance is there best bet and the alliance welcomes them just like the horde does with several other outsider races. And now worgen, used to be humans that share bond with the nelfs and a big hatred for the forsaken. And they also figured out that they're not going to make it on their own.

So as you can so both sides are not just a tight knit bunch friends but also just allies by coinscidence (sp?) Joining forces due to the need for aid, or sharing a common enemy. or just because of that one race in either faction they have close ties with. So you can't really say, they are alliance/horde and always will be. When things would turn peacefull at some point I'm pretty sure both the alliance and the horde will fall apart and several races going there own way again. merely remaining friendly with there old allies. But for the sake of the game things won't turn peacefull and they will never drop there current faction ties, just leave that to blizzard :P
    "Remember, remember the 6th of July.
    The Real ID treason and Plot.
    I see no reason why the Real ID Treason
    Should ever be forgot."

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

OP is just a QQ-er who wants worgen for the horde :P

Just reroll and deal with it.

Deleted

A third faction aint ever gonna happen, reads posts above why.

/Thread

Quote Originally Posted by vissi the cruel
    ok where do i start.

first Draenei teaming up with the forsaken will never happened at all. i can see them teaming up with tauren and the blood elfs(post sunwell) but not a loses cannon of zombies. <-- because the Forsaken are mindless husks, right?

second the worgons going horde because the alliance find them too feral is silly considering that the playable worgons are kinda still humans of gillanas lead by a man who hatred for orcs make big chin looks like he want to give Garrosh a big wet kiss. <-- LOL?
    v LOL seriously?? v
    third, Garrosh's vision of the horde is to not make them a bunch of evil woodland anamals, but to conquer land and fight alliance, and no for the love of god he is not hittler. there have been countless men throughout history that have also conquer land.

to end this no, it will split up alliance and horde playerbase and the horde is at a disavantage since no one can roll pallys and orcs will be the only race with a capital.
    I think I have a brain hemorrhage now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayfow View Post
    What's the point of playing an easy game? When did this huge subset of people come to video games, wanting not a challenge, but some kind of interactive facebook type thing with spells?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    Currently both faction are made up from races that aren't the best of friends, there mostly connected trough other allies. For horde the common ally is the orcs. The tauren and trolls owed them one so there pretty good friends, the forsaken where shunned by the alliance but Thrall always welcomed people in need so the where allowed in. That and the fact that both orcs and troll aren't to bothered by meddling with the dark arts just left the tauren grumbling. Some just got over it and started helping the forsaken. Hell I bet there are more undead in thunderbluff then there are in Orgrimmar.
    Then the Belfs came with a strong tie to the forsaken, and again Thrall being big of heart. Overall I doubt any Horde member is really bothered with them.
    And now it's Goblins, which have a history of helping the horde (certain factions within the goblin society anyway, much like trolls), are also a in dire need of help and again the horde stretches out a helping hand and welcomes them. Much like the Belfs I doubt any horde race has big problems with them, even our nature loving Tauren since Most goblins hate (or atleast dislike) the venture Co. as much as tauren do.

Now my knowledge of the alliance is lacking a bit, but the same story works for them me thinks. Humans being the common factor, there long friends with the dwarfs. who in turn helped out the gnomes when gnomeregan was lost. Nelfs figured out they weren't going to make it on there own so they decided to join the alliance, since well, horde is pretty much out of the question The dreanei are all for the light so the alliance is there best bet and the alliance welcomes them just like the horde does with several other outsider races. And now worgen, used to be humans that share bond with the nelfs and a big hatred for the forsaken. And they also figured out that they're not going to make it on their own.

So as you can so both sides are not just a tight knit bunch friends but also just allies by coinscidence (sp?) Joining forces due to the need for aid, or sharing a common enemy. or just because of that one race in either faction they have close ties with. So you can't really say, they are alliance/horde and always will be. When things would turn peacefull at some point I'm pretty sure both the alliance and the horde will fall apart and several races going there own way again. merely remaining friendly with there old allies. But for the sake of the game things won't turn peacefull and they will never drop there current faction ties, just leave that to blizzard :P
    Ok heres the thing. Most people posting in this havn't read my reasoning for this speculation (as i said this is all speculation). The reason the Tauren *could* break off from the Orcs and go with the Undead are future events that are rumored. Spoilers:

If Cairne is executed by Garrosh, I don't really see the Tauren being very happy with that.
    Secondly, The Grimtotem clan could take over the Tauren. They are friends with the Forsaken, and could ally with them. So therefore, they could end up leaving the Horde with the Undead and Blood Elves.
    Undead sure as hell have no reason to stay with the Orcs. Arthas is dead. The orcs are patrolling their capital. Sylvanas is probably not very happy with that. She could kick them out and leave the orcs.

Yeah the Worgen don't really fit with the Horde. Yeah the Draenai don't really fit with the new Faction. However, due to lore reasons, and future *rumored* developments, The current Horde does not make much sense to me.

I think a third faction would be incredibly interesting, and push the game in a new and bold direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Strykie
    No
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Strykie
    No
    This and OP are you high?
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

A third faction would be possible, but there's no way in hell the Draenei would ever ally with the forsaken. The Blood Elves are an unlikely ally, btu I could see it happen. In my opinion a third faction would be made up of new races, or have each race able to choose between 2 of the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by frag971
    Most likely this, or maybe not xD

Horde:
    Troll
    Orc
    Goblin
    Blood Elves

Alliance:
    Dwarves
    Humans
    Gnomes
    Undead

Host:
    Worgen
    Night Elves
    Tauren
    Draenai
    Humans, Gnomes and Dwarf will NEVER stay with Undead, as lorewise Undeads are hated by Ally(especially by humans).
    Maybe you could change Undeads with Blood Elves. They were High Elves before and they could redeem in some way...
    Btw i think that this isn't gonna happen any soon... a third faction would require TOO MUCH work and TOO MANY changes to actual game... and do the majority of the players want it? i don't think(i personally would like it... just to have something different):P

Quote Originally Posted by Glaedr
    Humans, Gnomes and Dwarf will NEVER stay with Undead, as lorewise Undeads are hated by Ally(especially by humans).
    Maybe you could change Undeads with Blood Elves. They were High Elves before and they could redeem in some way...
    Btw i think that this isn't gonna happen any soon... a third faction would require TOO MUCH work and TOO MANY changes to actual game... and do the majority of the players want it? i don't think(i personally would like it... just to have something different):P
    I forgot to say that BGs, WG and all PVP things except for arenas would have to be different in case of this change... well... let's continue dreaming... maybe in the next MMO by Blizzard xD Or they could do some changes in the lore in a future WC IV(WANT IT!!!)

They wouldn't take races away from one faction to make a new one, otherwise people will be split from their friends.

I think the closest we would ever come to this would be a 'neutral' faction of sorts. A faction made of races who, by the end of their starting zones, could choose to become a part of either the Alliance or the Horde.

Potentially, this could be used to allow High Elves, Pandaren, (I'd have said Goblin before Cataclysm, though it still might work), Furbolgs, Centaurs, Iron Dwarves, etc. into the game as playable characters, but not assigned to a specific faction.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Relina
    Go back and read some of the spoilers.

Also, bad idea is bad.
    Excuse me for replying late, but where does it say the spoilers is confirmed?

If there will be a third faction it will be:

Alliance:
    Humans
    Dwarves
    Gnomes
    Worgen

Horde:
    Orcs
    Undead
    Blood Elves
    Goblins

Counter-alliance (Love for nature brought these races together):