Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Now for my priest

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury
    I'm 100% certain she also talked about the other 13 spells commonly used as a healing Priest.
    I'm 100% certain I cringed when I listened to it the first time. But people take it for fact, because a) It's on tankspot, and b) omg bewbs.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account

I'm 100% certain she also talked about the other 13 spells commonly used as a healing Priest.
    renew, CoH, PoH, PoM, PW:S, Flash heal, Binding heal, Greater heal, Divine Hymn, Holy Nova, Desperate prayer is all i can think of but 13 sounds like a too high of a number.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    I'm 100% certain I cringed when I listened to it the first time. But people take it for fact, because a) It's on tankspot, and b) omg bewbs.
    lol, I'm so telling on you to Aliena, Kelesti!

To be fair though the spec portion is dated, she was very general and centrist on the spells, and you're... well... quite biased about Holy. I can say there is much room for improvement, specifically specificity.

@ Dawawe

CoH, PW:S, FH, GH, Dispel Magic, Cure Disease, Abolish Disease, Renew, GS, BH, PoH, PoM, DH, Holy Nova. Commonly may have been the wrong word choice though tbh. Every good healing Priest should have all of those bound (or the Disc equivalent) and will use them all through the course of an ICC run.

To be fair though the spec portion is dated, she was very general and centrist on the spells, and you're... well... quite biased about Holy. I can say there is much room for improvement, specifically specificity.
    Even the spell usage portion... just... eww. Overall, much better than the guide I've posted (because I haven't... still just another WIP that I finallyr ealised will need to be redone for 4.0 anyways), but it doesn't mean it's necessarily a good one.

I also have a completely awesome community that we as a consensus have a pretty general idea of what to do, hence helping newcomers alot tends to shove a few posters/trolls/idiots out of the way. I love you guys! *tear*

Edit: And go ahead, they aren't allowed to post references to MMO-Champ anyways. We're officially blacklisted from official fansites, because of our datamining. Tankspot risks losing that everytime a loot list or anything else that someone dug up from here gets posted over there, hence the mass deletion. They're a great site, but because of it, we're completely seperate communities with few exceptions (like Spiritus).
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account

@ Dawawe

CoH, PW:S, FH, GH, Dispel Magic, Cure Disease, Abolish Disease, Renew, GS, BH, PoH, PoM, DH, Holy Nova. Commonly may have been the wrong word choice though tbh. Every good healing Priest should have all of those bound (or the Disc equivalent) and will use them all through the course of an ICC run.

i do have all those bound but i dont consider dispels as "Healing spells". i have holy nova bound but i rarely ever use it on boss fights, mostly just trash. But all this is off the topic of my OP.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe
    i do have all those bound but i dont consider dispels as "Healing spells". i have holy nova bound but i rarely ever use it on boss fights, mostly just trash.
    It's nice on Sind for P3 and running out of magic pulls.

I'm still loling at this world of logs link, this is like trying to prove that you are not a nerd with a picture of your pokemon card collection. ;D

ot: depending on group composition and boss mechanic you can do pretty well with just spamming renew coh and pom. Thats what I like about priests, you have so many spells to choose from, you can literally do everything.

YOU BETTER BE BAITING
    http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/1...p10records.png
    Signature too large, resize please.

Quote Originally Posted by eror
    Yeah but that's beacuase I got a Mark at Saurfang and Dreamwalker :> e.g.
    getting a mark at saurfang is heaven, you can easily keep 2 targets up with binding heal. (talking HC)
    http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/1...p10records.png
    Signature too large, resize please.

So ya. Renew is good for holy.

There was a point where holy priests were gemming SP/int in yellow slots because holy can be very mana-intensive. However, with gear progression and trinkets like Solace, mana durability has increased dramatically. Therefore Holy is now gemming haste. In 25mans almost everything Holy casts is an instant or a GCD, so although lowering your GCD may seem to have a minimal benefit, over a 6-10 min fight, the throughput effect is significant. There are some priests who gem pure haste to really try to reach the GCD cap; I would say this should only be attempted in 277 gear since your throughput will already be quite high at that gear level.

So in short, as holy, if you are not running out of mana, SP/haste is a great yellow gem to use.