10+ Year Old Account

Tiny Abomination in a Jar - Rawr

Hey guys

I updated my rawr today and TaiaJ is only listed as a 110.40 DPS trinket.
    Isn't it correctly modelled? How can I fix this?

The special effect is added correctly, so 8x 50% Weapon Swing (50% on Melee Hit).

Whats wrong? :/

Deleted

Re: Tiny Abomination in a Jar - Rawr

From what i have seen with enhsim, it doesn't come out as a great trinket on that program either.

Rawr doesn't model it properly

Quote Originally Posted by stevos
    From what i have seen with enhsim, it doesn't come out as a great trinket on that program either.
    277 TiAJ shows as a decent upgrade from 264 WFS & Comet's Trail for me in enhsim, making it the best trinket available.

Quote Originally Posted by phai
    Hey guys

I updated my rawr today and TaiaJ is only listed as a 110.40 DPS trinket.
    Isn't it correctly modelled? How can I fix this?

The special effect is added correctly, so 8x 50% Weapon Swing (50% on Melee Hit).

Whats wrong? :/
    Doesn't it proc off special swings as well? Maybe RAWR isn't adding in your own ability swings?

EDIT: Direct quote from mihir
    "... 45% proc rate off hits, has yellow hit table but cannot use impale, and has a 50/50 chance to get either a MH or an OH proc." So TaJ probably isn't in correctly, it's great for enhance.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Lumb
    Rawr doesn't model it properly
    Ah good someone who knows that it isn't modelled correctly in Rawr. Now since you KNOW it isn't modelled correctly please don't keep the secret to yourself, actually bother to tell us how it should be modelled.

If you don't actually know how it should be modelled how can you say it isn't modelled correctly in Rawr?

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    Ah good someone who knows that it isn't modelled correctly in Rawr. Now since you KNOW it isn't modelled correctly please don't keep the secret to yourself, actually bother to tell us how it should be modelled.

If you don't actually know how it should be modelled how can you say it isn't modelled correctly in Rawr?
    I don't know how it should be modelled, but I do know it ranks below a trinket such as Battlemaster's Accuracy which provides a static 95 hit, not to mention almost every single other melee dps trinket in-game and a number of spellcaster ones too. I therefore conclude beyond reasonable doubt that it is not modelled correctly in Rawr.

Equip it in Rawr. Export and sim it in Enhsim.

Going into the Item editor (on Rawr) and changing the trigger from 50% on Mellee Hit to 50% on Physical Hit seems to take care of most of the modeling problems for Ret Paladins. I wouldn't know if it would help with enhance shammies or not, but it may be worth a shot...

this is how we moddel it for the ret version of it, i assume it will come out about right for enh as well.

How to model Tiny Abomination in a Jar
    (TAJ), click Edit then go to Special Effects then match these values:
    Trigger: Physical Hit
    Duration: 0
    Cooldown: 0
    Chance: 100% (In reality it is 50% but I had to increase it to account for Rawr not knowing about special melee hits)
    Stacks: 8 (The heroic version requires 7 stacks)
    Listed under the Equipment effects category: % Weapon Swing 0.5

Source: http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t84213-r...#ixzz0mIF0JiIF
    though, running my shaman in rawr with that setup it isnt working either.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixstorm
    Doesn't it proc off special swings as well? Maybe RAWR isn't adding in your own ability swings?

EDIT: Direct quote from mihir
    "... 45% proc rate off hits, has yellow hit table but cannot use impale, and has a 50/50 chance to get either a MH or an OH proc." So TaJ probably isn't in correctly, it's great for enhance.
    Think I quoted this from Landsoul on EJ, and Aldriana on EJ later did more investigating and concluded the following:

50% off all hits with both weapons (Autoattack, weapon strikes, and finishers other than SnD). Swings are yellow hits but cannot proc motes, and the distribution of attacks between hands is in the same proportion as the attacks that generated the motes.
    Stuff like flametongue procs, stormstrike, lava lash, windfury procs, etc, should all have a 50% chance to proc a mote, in addition to auto-attacks.

The weapon that procs the first mote determines the damage of that stack of motes when it goes off, and the trinket attack can proc windfury/flametongue as well depending on which weapon started the stack.

Rawr. >:3
    So delicious!

One thing I noticed was that when loading my Shaman the tooltip of TAiaJ says:
    85 hit rating

another odd thing is that the 277 version is simmed directly below the 264 version to me both with 85 hit rating.

when I loaded a friend's Paladin the tooltip said:
    85 hit rating
    8x 50% weapon swing (50% melee hit)

because of this I really think something is wrong with the tiny abo in rawr.
    I think the special effect is not correctly applied to the shaman calculator.

Hey Phai,

Yeah i got it few days ago and was wondering the same, since the overall damage of the mote of angers is not that great at all. Probably not worth using till the 277 version? dunno :v

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn
    Hey Phai,

Yeah i got it few days ago and was wondering the same, since the overall damage of the mote of angers is not that great at all. Probably not worth using till the 277 version? dunno :v
    Well .. I'll leave it to our Paladins anyway ;D they need the little dmg-buff *cough*