Druid Tanking Help

http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone...e=zazazazazaza

Just wondered whats best to upgrade next with frost emblembs trinkets or armor? and continue getting t9? just lost on what would be best to upgrade and gem etc i have about 39k hp in bear and 40% dodge or so thanks

i feel neglected :<

Re: Druid Tanking Help

It depends a bit on what you are tanking but if your aim is to reach ICC as soon as you can I would go for getting the triumph trinket and saving frosts for t10 and the cloak. The cloak will be a massive upgrade over shattered sun so maybe get that to tide you over before getting t10.

In terms of triumph gear get the Clutch of Indomitability, that ring is mad. Then get t9 or offset pieces. Personally I went 2 piece t9 then got offset badge and ToC gear but other people will recomend 4 piece for the set bonus.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Druid Tanking Help

Quote Originally Posted by zazazazazaza
    http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone...e=zazazazazaza

Just wondered whats best to upgrade next with frost emblembs trinkets or armor? and continue getting t9? just lost on what would be best to upgrade and gem etc i have about 39k hp in bear and 40% dodge or so thanks

i feel neglected :<
    Is feral your main spec ? I noticed your resto set is a bit more geared. Anything I suggest is assuming feral is your main spec.

You have a lot of work to do.

2 things you should do before reading anything I say is: 1) check the bear guide at the top of this forum 2) download atlas loot at wow curse. <-- one of the best add-on's for figuring out who drops what.

Headslot: Get the tier 9 headpiece. Eventually you will replace this with the tier 10 251 version and again the 264 version.

Neck: you can get upgrades at 10toc both heroic and non heroic. After this you're going to be waiting til 25icc rotface/VDW.

Shoulder: Get the tier 9 shoulder piece for now. Eventually you will replace this with the tier 10 251 version and again the 264 version.

Chest: You're a leatherworker... lvl it up to 450 and get the 245 chest piece. This will be your main chest piece for tanking until you get the infamous sack of wonder from 25icc gunship

Belt: This is one of the first slots id spend my frostys on. The frost vendor has an amazing 264 belt.

Pants: Get the tier 9 legs for now. Voa drops 251/261 tier 10 so you will want to make sure you do both voa's each week when you're geared. Try and hold out on buying the tier legs with frostys until you got all of your other shit and tier pieces sorted first.

Boots: Both 10toc and 25toc drop pretty decent boots. 10icc does as well, but you're not at that point yet. The best boots for you is the crafted boots for LW from ICC. If you know how to grind gold most saronites go for around 800-1k gold on my server so its a separate grind you can do in addition to your tireless emblem grinding.

Bracers: Level LW and craft yourself the 245 bracers. Future upgrades are from 10icc sindra and 25icc saurfang.

Gloves: Get the tier 9 gloves for now. Voa drops 251/261 tier 10 so you will want to make sure you do both voa's each week when you're geared. Try and hold out on buying the tier gloves with frostys until you got all of your other shit and tier pieces sorted first.

Rings: There's a 245 tank ring via triumph vendor. Id suggest once you get a bit more geared to start doing 10icc rep runs. The ashen ring is what you want for your other slot.

Trinkets: black heart is solid still. The medal is not. The triumph vendor has an awesome tank trinket that's loads better than the valor medal. The frosty vendor has a pretty simple stam trinket that I use myself, but I wouldnt prioritize spending your frostys on this until you get other gear sorted out first.

Cloak: frost vendor has an awesome tanking cloak. This is one of the first things i'd spend my frostys on. Cloak then belt or belt than cloak. Either or it's your choice.

Weapon: 10toc and 25toc offer good upgrades. If you got gold to waste on a hilt that will keep you going for a while as well. Otherwise you're waiting til 10icc rotface and 25icc fester/blood queen.

You should really download atlas loot. You can view by instance which boss drops what. It will make it easier for you to prioritize what to raid to run next.

You need to work on your enchants & gems too. Was this spec formerly a DPS spec ?! Remember not to fall for the same trap everyone falls for in regards to gem socketing. Most socket bonuses suck. All your slots should be 30 stam gems with one 10agi/15stam in the socket with the best socket bonus. That will give you the most benefits and keep your meta activated.