Page 1 of 2
LastLast

deeprun tram electricity shut off?

i think someone forgot to pay the electricity bill cus on quel thalas eu realm (not sure if its just this realm or not) its bloody dark in the water bit cant see a damm thing i have gone twice once at night and one during the day so its not the day or night thing also i have taken a freind with me to see if its my comp again its not i just find it realy weird anyway here are the screenshots

and just so u can see it all lit up like a xmas tree

Re: deeprun tram electricity shut off?

I blame iceland!
    "Remember, remember the 6th of July.
    The Real ID treason and Plot.
    I see no reason why the Real ID Treason
    Should ever be forgot."

I noticed that too. I suspect it's to give it a more realistic feel, the lake you go through on the tram is meant to be underground (Don't ask how the boat got in there.. maybe connected by a sea cave large enough for a pirate ship :P)

It's dark now because there is no natural light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firen
    You do realize that this statue has 4 ears?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    We are no loner that funny racist uncle, we are the uncle that abused you as a child.

why would they light it up in the 1st place then aswell as put things in the water anyway eg pirate ship and nessy ftw

just questioning why they changed this lol

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Wingedtoast
    I noticed that too. I suspect it's to give it a more realistic feel, the lake you go through on the tram is meant to be underground (Don't ask how the boat got in there.. maybe connected by a sea cave large enough for a pirate ship :P)

I doubt it. Others have posted saying that its dark in the tram tunnel too only very recently. In all the years the tram has been there, now suddenly they make it dark?...

It maybe a build up to the Cataclysm event, deliberate or unintended. For example, it could be the new underwater "engine" or whatever changes they are planning for underwater questing (perhaps they don't want us to see too far ahead in really deep water). Or they just dont want us spotting any inconsistent features with either the lore of the event or the new underwater terrain. Or to be perfectly boring, it could be some kind of graphics setting reset from a new patch and you would have to be an expert to know what thing to fiddle with to make it "normal" again. Though I would expect that to affect all underwater graphics.

I wonder if anything else underwater has changed in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze
    I doubt it. Others have posted saying that its dark in the tram tunnel too only very recently. In all the years the tram has been there, now suddenly they make it dark?...

It maybe a build up to the Cataclysm event, deliberate or unintended. For example, it could be the new underwater "engine" or whatever changes they are planning for underwater questing (perhaps they don't want us to see too far ahead in really deep water). Or they just dont want us spotting any inconsistent features with either the lore of the event or the new underwater terrain. Or to be perfectly boring, it could be some kind of graphics setting reset from a new patch and you would have to be an expert to know what thing to fiddle with to make it "normal" again. Though I would expect that to affect all underwater graphics.

I wonder if anything else underwater has changed in the game?
    companies don't push test updates on live servers, they have these things called test servers, fyi

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I blame iceland!
    Don't blame the poor people of Iceland, it's cold and dark and there is only fish to eat... fish and imported honey. :'(

(Let's see if someone gets the reference.)

weekly maintenance?

Deleted

Evul iceland >

Quote Originally Posted by Wingedtoast

I believe the water is there because the Tram was originally designed to go from Ironforge to Darnassus.. however that may be urban myth or I have the info completely wrong.. i have the memory of a goldfish.

Anyway still that doesnt explain why its going dark!!!
    We dont stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing

15+ Year Old Account

2012 !!!11!

Nessy is the end boss at lvl 85, deathwing cut the power to bust her out

Cuz they announced the shaker mobs to the public huh?

What would be very cool is if they make the water really dark like they have and then put it some form of lighting type effect that illuminates something MASSIVE lurking in the water. The flash is random and very brief but just long enough that you go.... WTF WAS THAT.... perhaps a giant squid eye or a huge Kracken type shape at the edge or darting to the side...

I'd spend all day there if they had that

We dont stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing

Quote Originally Posted by kungfumonkey
    Yes.. Yes it does :P

If they are finally getting round to revamping the ENTIRE world so it looks like it should, I highly expect them to do little changes like this bit by bit in general patches rather than trying to cram them all in at Cata. Stormwind got a facelift, the tram looks like it should now.. Little changes that will make the world more realistic. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I highly doubt its the new underwater engine, something like that which will play an important role in Cata from the very start is probably still being tested to ensure it works as they want it to. They wouldn't put it in the tram :P

Hopefully they update Nessy to a unique, larger model, in Cata too. So when she DOES pass by.. you notice her..
    We are no loner that funny racist uncle, we are the uncle that abused you as a child.

10+ Year Old Account

What would be very cool is if they make the water really dark like they have and then put it some form of lighting type effect that illuminates something MASSIVE lurking in the water. The flash is random and very brief but just long enough that you go.... WTF WAS THAT.... perhaps a giant squid eye or a huge Kracken type shape at the edge or darting to the side...

I'd spend all day there if they had that

Ok this is serious...is nessy...still there.....? maybe nessy got eaten or nessy was just a small child? :O

Also isnt the deeprun tram the exact area that deathwing is supposed to erupt from? 0o

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef

Ok this is serious...is nessy...still there.....? maybe nessy got eaten or nessy was just a small child? :O

Also isnt the deeprun tram the exact area that deathwing is supposed to erupt from? 0o
    I doubt it, there's no gate on the trams.. SW/IF would be flooded :P

Nessy should still be there just much harder to find now its dark, I see no reason to remove her.

10+ Year Old Account

currently there...it really is rather creepy....

Deleted

I believe the water is there because the Tram was originally designed to go from Ironforge to Darnassus.. however that may be urban myth or I have the info completely wrong.. i have the memory of a goldfish.

Nah, after the 2nd war Magni decided to build something that made the dwarves get to SW faster to assist the humans in war, so he turned to Mekkatorque who built the tram from IF to SW
    edit: From Wowwiki "In many official Azeroth maps, including ones in the RPG books, earlier games, Blizzard's website, and even WoW's manual, Stormwind is located along the northwestern portion of the continent of Azeroth, near the northwestern coast of "The Great Sea". Whereas Dun Morogh is located northeast of Stormwind in those maps, with Kul Tiras and other islands to the west of its western shore. In these maps, the Deeprun Tram actually passes under a very small portion of "The Great Sea", directly south of Kul Tiras and other islands."

Edit 2 lol: From wowwiki again: The underwater section of the Tram is, in fact, a subterranean lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Citatus
    Nah, after the 2nd war Magni decided to build something that made the dwarves get to SW faster to assist the humans in war, so he turned to Mekkatorque who built the tram from IF to SW
    edit: From Wowwiki "In many official Azeroth maps, including ones in the RPG books, earlier games, Blizzard's website, and even WoW's manual, Stormwind is located along the northwestern portion of the continent of Azeroth, near the northwestern coast of "The Great Sea". Whereas Dun Morogh is located northeast of Stormwind in those maps, with Kul Tiras and other islands to the west of its western shore. In these maps, the Deeprun Tram actually passes under a very small portion of "The Great Sea", directly south of Kul Tiras and other islands."

Edit 2 lol: From wowwiki again: The underwater section of the Tram is, in fact, a subterranean lake.
    Did Wowwiki just contradict itself?
    Soviet Russia was merely a setback!

Relys Sunwalker
    Rakzor Frostwolf
    Descle Dubraig