Deleted

Is searing really THAT much worse than magma for Enhance?

I've been considering dropping regen talents since I don't really run heroics as Enhance anymore, and that kind of thing was the only thing keeping me from trying a no regen build. So, I tried out the single target build http://www.wowhead.com/talent#hVhuVbZhbxI0xdIhusouVo and honestly I can't keep up with how fast it burns my mana. I manage to go oom before SR is up on the target dummy which suggests this build is reliant on raidbuffs... not something i'm head-over-heels about. Magma, Fire Nova and even Shocks burn me down faster than I can keep up so I spec for Ele Focus as Sham. Focus.

Now onto the point, would it be easier for me to use the no-regen build if I dropped searing on bosses? I know the totem is less per hit over magma, but it saves me maybe 3k mana per cooldown of Shamanistic Rage. So i'd stop going oom but what about the DPS? Searing frees me up a few more (2 on average) globals every min so would that make up for the damage loss?

Re: Is searing really THAT much worse than magma for Enhance?

I am running the no regen build atm. You will go oom on dummies. With replenishment only, you will get very close to oom in 10 mans. With JoW from a pally you will never ever go oom, 10 man or otherwise.

In our 25 man I rarely if ever go below 40% mana.

As to your original question: depends on your gear but searing is ~150-200 dps less than magma. The real killer in the build is fire nova, not magma. if anything fire nova a little less if you are lacking a pally.

Why won't you sim it? EnhSim supports Searing Totem.

Options you might consider:
    Searing totem + fire nova
    Magma totem without fire nova

As it was said, sim it. You really shouldn't be having mana issues if you have replenishment. How much mana do you have raid buffed?

10 mans I can understand that mana issue, as with my group whenever our priest heals instead of going dps I feel it on some fights, but primarily on trash. 25 mans though you should have no issue what so ever with mana unless your raid is just really poorly setup. You should have at least a replenishment, wisdom judged and blessing of wisdom/mana totem which is typically more than enough.

I also doubt the 2 extra globals every minute can make up for the dps loss, but sim it to find out.

Deleted

On the more movement heavily fights like professor etc, do you not have mana issues with the no regen spec?

Could you link me your spec, i am interested to compare with what i have.