10+ Year Old Account

Rawr for Holy Priest.

So I uploaded my priest into RAWR today because I was curious as to what kind of upgrades I may need. After doing this, I quickly began to wonder just how accurate this thing is for a holy priest. It told me to upgrade all of my SP/haste gems to pure intellect. ???

That can't be right, can it?

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

Re: Rawr for Holy Priest.

Ignore it mate. I completely ignore it's advice when it comes to healing. Do what you feel and think is best. Rawr really shines for DPS. Not so much for healing in my experience and opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by darklenne
    Ignore it mate. I completely ignore it's advice when it comes to healing. Do what you feel and think is best. Rawr really shines for DPS. Not so much for healing in my experience and opinion.
    Not for Shadow DPS.

I found it to be very useful. Check the mana options that you have. Does it thing you'll go out of mana during the allocated fight time? That might be why it suggests pure int gems.

Be sure to go into the options tab and buffs tab and set those up.
    The only thing players hate more than stagnancy is change.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by techwolf
    I found it to be very useful. Check the mana options that you have. Does it thing you'll go out of mana during the allocated fight time? That might be why it suggests pure int gems.

Be sure to go into the options tab and buffs tab and set those up.
    I clicked every single mana buff on, still says I should use int gems. Which is ridiculous 'cause I can hardly remember the last time I went below 50% mana. Thanks for the replies though.

As mentioned, one of the major problems with Rawr is that it will suggest gemming pure regen if you run out of mana early, otherwise it will ignore it and suggest throughput. It also tends to overvalue Crit because it doesn't take into account overhealing. This all stems because it models healing like DPS where it basically assumes you're aiming for max HPS for as long as possible, when healing really is about meeting the incoming damage, which may mean periods of burst and lulls which affect longevity. Modelling an all out spam for 5 minutes just isn't accurate on any current encounter except Blood Queen

Instead, I generally think the best approach is personal experience. Do you run out of mana? If yes, gear for regen. If no, gear for throughput.

Rawr is fun to play with, but I wouldn't use it to make any serious gear, gemming, or enchant decisions.

10+ Year Old Account

Gemming for Holy moves from:

Red: SP
    Yellow: SP + Int
    Blue: SP + Spirit

to

Yellow: SP + Haste

to

Red: SP + Haste
    Blue: Haste + Spirit

to

pure Haste.

Basically Holy gemming is extremely subjective and there's no 'right' way. It's based largely off of gear level, what your regen trinket is, play style, etc.

rets, bears, cats, and mages use rawr. every other class has a more accurate or reliable spreadsheet.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury
    Gemming for Holy moves from:

Yellow: SP + Int

to

to

Red: SP + Haste
    Blue: Haste + Spirit

to

pure Haste.

Basically Holy gemming is extremely subjective and there's no 'right' way. It's based largely off of gear level, what your regen trinket is, play style, etc.
    Yeah, I understand how gemming works and such. I make sure to look up my class even before I roll it so I know whether or not I'll be able to keep up with it. I was just a bit nervous when I saw all the changes RAWR had suggested for me, especially considering how precise it was for my mage. Thanks for the help though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury
    Not for Shadow DPS.
    Why do you say that? Elaborate? I am not going to argue with you, but I use it for my Shadowspec, and if there is a fault, I'd like to know/
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by darklenne
    Why do you say that? Elaborate? I am not going to argue with you, but I use it for my Shadowspec, and if there is a fault, I'd like to know/
    Alright, I'll say this: our gemming isn't dynamic, our BiS list (by item and gearset) are clearly laid out, and Rawr simply can't model trinkets properly. There's some nuances with it that I take issue with, but overall the biggest thing is that it doesn't need to be fixed to work well with Shadow DPS because we already have Simcraft.

Should also note that Holy gemming actually starts as SP/Int, Int and Int/Spirit at the lowest item levels.

Either way, ignore Rawr. It's useful as a tool to create item sets, but never take its recommendations. Rawr is mostly useless with a couple specific specs of a couple classes as the only ones who it's more-or-less accurate for... though, still mostly less.

Rawr and healing is terrible to simcraft.