Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: View Trade Chat Anywhere - Spread the word!

Quote Originally Posted by Miltiadhs
    I want to do the loremaster achievement and that addon is great but as many others pointed,it is not legal.
    What has the loremaster achievement got do with this trade addon? You're not making much sense, and I suspect that is why the previous poster sounded a little bit hostile.

And what other players say about anything mean zilch unless you hear it officially from Blizzard first.

Deleted

How about people stop throwing the word legal round like it's a tennis ball.

Blizzard do not make laws, the do make rules.

If I use a bot that lets you do stuff automatically within the game then the *use* of it would be against the *rules*, it would not be illegal however.

Secondly, i thought addons like this used a common communication channel which would be a single broadcast with multiple reads as opposed to a single client broadcasting to all addon users individually. I'm not an author though so it would need a writer to confirm or deny this.

I am slightly confused as to why you would want to have trade anywhere other than cities. I mean I usually leave trade anyway so maybe im just being biased.
    ~Every fight is a food fight when your undead~

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30
    How about people stop throwing the word legal round like it's a tennis ball.

Blizzard do not make laws, the do make rules.

If I use a bot that lets you do stuff automatically within the game then the *use* of it would be against the *rules*, it would not be illegal however.

Secondly, i thought addons like this used a common communication channel which would be a single broadcast with multiple reads as opposed to a single client broadcasting to all addon users individually. I'm not an author though so it would need a writer to confirm or deny this.
    It's blizzard's game and it's their rules, when people say "legal" they're talking about blizzard's rules not the law. The reason people are questioning the legality of this addon because it bypasses a restriction on trade that you can only see trade in cities. Something blizzard may not be found of.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by I stand in fire
    It's blizzard's game and it's their rules, when people say "legal" they're talking about blizzard's rules not the law. The reason people are questioning the legality of this addon because it bypasses a restriction on trade that you can only see trade in cities. Something blizzard may not be found of.
    See, I get what you mean but I don't believe a lot of the people that in a knee-jerk fashion exclaim "That's illiegal!" actually think the way you, or I, do.

I also understood the reason why they question it. I've now installed the mod, and appear to be the only one on my server to have done so : It actually doesn't use a hidden communication channel, it just outright creates a new chat channel (as in the same as when you type /join blahblah).

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30
    See, I get what you mean but I don't believe a lot of the people that in a knee-jerk fashion exclaim "That's illiegal!" actually think the way you, or I, do.

I also understood the reason why they question it. I've now installed the mod, and appear to be the only one on my server to have done so : It actually doesn't use a hidden communication channel, it just outright creates a new chat channel (as in the same as when you type /join blahblah).
    But wouldn't that mean that you are transmitting info (which is meant to be in trade chat, which is meant to be only in a City) automatically?

Also, I wouldn't use the addon myself, but in truth ain't all the addon do is make a new channel for trade?

Also, couldn't trade chat be all zone wide if you convienced your server to all join /tradechat
    wouldn't that produce the same result?
    Enhancement Shaman, Kalokagathós, Burning Steppes-EU
    Death is a gift, Life is just the paper wrapped around it.

Hey guys! I got a great idea!
    Instead of arguing about if it's against the rules or not, how about posting this on the WoW forums and wait to see if a blue post tells you if it is or isn't?
    KTHX!

OT: I'm all for this addon. I'm always out doing farming emblems on my alts or doing dailies. Having this addon would make access to trade chat a lot better.

Can see this not going down too well with Blizzard...

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ketzil
    yeah....might not be legal. and besides, why would you want to see trade chat everywhere you go? its awful
    Trolls rejoice! You don't even have to leave a starting zone to troll trade chat!

Quote Originally Posted by Sicx
    Trolls rejoice! You don't even have to leave a starting zone to troll trade chat!
    It's a VIEWER. Read threads before posting.
    Saving for Cata.

Because this is what you want to see everywhere you go:

Z0MFGGGAGAGAGGGGGGGAAADDD XYZ IS A NINJA HE NINJAD [INSERT EPICS HERE] !!!!!!!!
    [insert random ASCII art here]
    ANAL [BATTERED HILT]
    ANAL [BATTERED HILT]
    ANAL [BATTERED HILT]

10+ Year Old Account

not positive, but i think the only reason an addon would be bannable, is if it gives you an unfair advantage over other players.
    DBM and other boss mods come very close to doing this, compared to people who dont have them.

i do not think blizzard would ban people for this. if anything they will do to this addon, what they previously did to decursive...(pre-bc decursive if anyone remembers how godly it was)
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by HawynLegend
    Hey guys! I got a great idea!
    Instead of arguing about if it's against the rules or not, how about posting this on the WoW forums and wait to see if a blue post tells you if it is or isn't?
    KTHX!.
    this was exactly my thought so i did lets wait and see

10+ Year Old Account

Hell no! I already ignore trade with my main, cause my server is full of idiots, spammers, gs-whores ect. Readyn /2 everywhere i go is the worst thing i could imagin!

To everyone saying blizzard will ban the addon due to the amount of communication and data transfer between add ons please see - Gearscore.

That is all.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

While the principle of allowing cross communication between two channels is nothing new, and therefore not against the terms and conditions, there is simply no need for it.
    Trade has increasing very little actual trading and consists largely of spams, goldsellers and just general idiocy.
    If you really do need the trade channel, then sit in a location where you can see it.
    You do not expect to see local defence from say ironforge when in stormwind do you ? No, because it is not relevant, and neither is the not so aptly anymore named trade channel outside of a city.

If you want a cross region trading - then instead of an addon - make a new channel for that sole purpose, since I believe links now work in custom channels wtihout the need for any addon.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd
    While the principle of allowing cross communication between two channels is nothing new, and therefore not against the terms and conditions, there is simply no need for it.
    Trade has increasing very little actual trading and consists largely of spams, goldsellers and just general idiocy.
    If you really do need the trade channel, then sit in a location where you can see it.
    You do not expect to see local defence from say ironforge when in stormwind do you ? No, because it is not relevant, and neither is the not so aptly anymore named trade channel outside of a city.

If you want a cross region trading - then instead of an addon - make a new channel for that sole purpose, since I believe links now work in custom channels wtihout the need for any addon.
    How trade works on my server:
    [
    Enchanting] LFW
    WTS Primordial *price here*
    WTB Pristine Black Diamond *price here*
    O hai gais i r hear metroid has his gun on his arm but is it on his suit? (He gets ignored in case you don't notice)
    LFM ICC10. Link Storm the Citadel.
    LF LW
    *Goldseller automatically blocked by BadBoy addon*
    LFCrafter *insert epic item of epicness*
    Man screw you guys, you lost WG again!
    Faction imbalance. STFU.
    LFM ToC 25 link achiev and come Eventide.

That's how my trade looks. Now try and say there's only idiocy in there.

never tried to sell my excess mats at the Trade Channel since im often go to Town and most of my mats just stuck at my bag or bank. Well the addons is nice better have to try and check if its better selling than AH.
    Make your gaming experience a lot better!
    wow strategy guide

10+ Year Old Account

don't think it's all that illegal
    it's basically like asking a friend in trade if anyone is selling a specific item atm etc
    good concept

Poor Cjeska, trying to explain, but being ignored. I'll try to help you.

Imagine making a chat channel and asking your friends to join.
    Now imagine someone doing a copy/paste of what is said in trade to that personal channel.
    Now imagine an addon that does that for you.
    No mass of information bogging down the game, no toilet seats left up, no empty milk jugs/bags in the fridge.

For those that don't like it, nobody is holding your family hostage until you get it.
    It won't effect your gameplay aside from someone not having to sit in a city in order to take advantage of deals that come along while you didn't see the deal.
    You also won't have to worry about all those people outside of cities talking in trade as it is a different channel entirely...
    Why do so many people type like they learned to spell at Chick-Fil-A?

Quote Originally Posted by Zakian
    This is the work of serious and hairy chested lumberjack mans.