5.5k dps GTF out of my VoA

Got into a voa 25 pug the other day on my rogue alt. Quick facts about my rogue, raid specc'd mutilate, female undead, ilvl 232 daggers. I suspected that i would catch a little flack for wearing a couple blues, thats to be expected showing up to any raid with blues in a slot or four and lets face it according to a popular add on that 90% of the wow raiding population is running my gear...sucks. Anyway i zone in a and it wasnt 5 seconds before anothe rogue pops off in /say: "noctourne (my rogue) 4000 GS? gtfo imo, seriously gtfo". I shake it off and end up pulling 5.5k on toravon. I guess my question is, since when is that kind of dps unnaceptable for voa? Side note: t10 rogue gloves dropped...i won the roll and the RL (also a rogue) takes the gloves and leaves. Guess he was roleplaying or something. Rogues steal and such. I think its sad that if i want to raid i will be first judged by an addon, then if deemed worthy i am alowed to play to.

Re: 5.5k dps GTF out of my VoA

not sure what the point of this thread is...

your GS was 4k and they still kept you in raid ... so that was resolved.

then the gloves got ninja'd ... big deal...

options:

get better gear.
    lead a raid.

notice how "post about it on mmo-champion, isn't one of the options.
    It's just a game.

I guess ky question is if anyone has had similar experiences, if so pls share

Oh course people have had similar experiences. As a pug, little to NO ONE knows you and all they can judge you by is your gear.

For everyone 1 player that is in sub-par gear (being an alt) and knows how to fully maximize their output in said gear there are many more players who are in sub-par gear that play at a sub-par output, resulting in even LESS output.

For a more visual understanding:

Let's say 4k GS rogue = 5k dps averagely
    Someone who is above average player can get to 6k (let's say)
    Somene who is below average player can get 4k (let's say)

So, what I'm saying is that when someone sees a 4k GS rogue, there is MORE chance that it is because that player is new to 80, new to the game, new at playing rogue and/or so casual that they still don't know how to play the game. Therefore, most of the time the 4k GS rogue will be playing a less than optimal due to the inexperience.

So a 4k GS rogue comes in and will probably do less than 5k dps (using the example above). Of course people are going to complain and say you are trash - the best thing to do is show them up. Demonstrate that you are a good player with a less geared toon. When my warlock was less than a week old at level 80, I went to a 25ToC (before ICC was released) and I had a GS just above 4k. There were 2 other locks in the raid - one had 4800 and the other have 5200 GS. After Jaraxus, the 5200 GS lock whispered me saying "You're doing some good damage considering your gear" as I was greatly out dpsing the other lock AND many other higher GS players in the raid. I was not topping charts but it will be recognized by good players. I was also Demo spec, which was arguably the worst self dps spec for raiding as Warlock.

If you can't find raids due to the RL booting you after seeing your gear than make your own. BUT, tbh, I don't see how you could still have any blues on your toon. Unless you hit 80 this week, there shouldn't be much reason why you should have any blues. There are tons from rep, badges, heroics and craftables to fill any voids.

I can't be bothered with VoA. I've done it for the achievements (they list under PVP), so fuck'em I say.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I was at about 5k GS and downed LK, now I'm a little better geared. Still have a couple PvP epics to fill in a few spots to be filled later, but still I downed LK with some pretty crappy gear(mostly 232). I was pulling my own weight about 7k dps on the fight, definately not the best in the group, but apparently enough to get that jerk down.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5GHz) | Asus P8Z68 | 16GB G Skill Ripjaw 1600MHz | Asus GTX 680 4GB | 2x G Skill Phoenix III 120GB | Seagate 1TB 7200 rpm | Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler | Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition | Raidmax 730ss | Sony Optiarc DVDRW | NZXT Sentry 2 | 9x Thermaltake 120mm | 1x Coolermaster 230mm

15+ Year Old Account

Please feel free to post in the pug raid experience thread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/raids-du...nces-in-raids/

Or, find one of the existing topics on gearscore (of which there are many, and they can be easily found with the search function).